DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It happens every year, NA dota is fucked without EG and fanboys don't take it lightly. Liquid was 1 game away from the same fate, OG can turn into a meme if they lose to TNC again.

Really, I'd love to see more money throughout the year so your life doesn't depend on 1 fucking game of Dota. It's entertaining to watch people suffer, but at some point somebody is going to commit suicide over TI results.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Cr1t is getting flamed like crazy on reddit, whiteknights are out in full force etc
I don't know how you can't put a lot of this on Cr1t. He is the captain, so even if drafting is a collaborative effort, he's the man in charge of it. Zai admitted in the interview the team itself was timid and not making good decisions in game. And, who is the captain thats supposed to make those decisions and is responsible for getting them in the right mindset? He lets Empire basically have the same core heroes they trounced you with going into an elimination match. And lastly his play on WW just seemed underwhelming.

Arteezy has always been the usual scapegoat, but I don't think anyone around can blame him for having a poor game with a PL into ES, Sven, and AA. Even the casters have been pointing it out, that EG doesn't really have straight forward win conditions or themes to their drafts besides 'super cool combo'. Its quite possible that someone behind the scenes, say Fear or PPD, is not letting Cr1t have free reign and influencing drafts and such but that seems really doubtful. At the end of the day that really seems to bring it back to Cr1t. And if he is not the leader that is responsible for all those things in game, why is he the captain then?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The whole playing not to lose thing always feels like a cop-out to me, I think the actual issue is much earlier and it's a failure to recognize and correct it in a timely manner.

Organizations with money should really be spending dough on sports psychologists, any full time coach should be tracking down information on coaching in sport it isn't really enough to be an ideas guy or friendly ear.

I'd second this. The players are young, ignorant to real life (in most cases), and probably aren't well equipped to handle the shit that's going on and the international attention. Professional athletes have coaches on the field and off for things like; finances, mental health, family health, etc. These kids need that shit too if E-sports is going to grow like it should.

We're getting very close to E-Sports rivaling traditional sports in viewership and revenue. But, without more structure and more adults (sounds lame, I know) it's not going to make it. I can easily picture Dota 2 alone being a $300,000,000 dollar a year empire. Throw in LoL (wish we didn't, but for some reason people like it) Counter Strike, and everything else out there and we're at half a billion. That's not chump change and the sky is the limit.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, Cr1t right or wrong is going to get a ton of blame....even if we dont know how much input Fear etc had. In every interview coming from the group stages regarding Empire was that their entire draft focus is to just give Reso something he can run at people with like Sven etc, not sure why they didnt really target ban that hero (and his hero pool in general) especially after game 1. EG seems overly stubborn at times and just wants to try and pull off this crazy ass shit that is amazing when it works, and when it doesnt they get bounced by mid tier cis teams.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yea, Cr1t right or wrong is going to get a ton of blame....even if we dont know how much input Fear etc had. In every interview coming from the group stages regarding Empire was that their entire draft focus is to just give Reso something he can run at people with like Sven etc, not sure why they didnt really target ban that hero (and his hero pool in general) especially after game 1. EG seems overly stubborn at times and just wants to try and pull off this crazy ass shit that is amazing when it works, and when it doesnt they get bounced by mid tier cis teams.
Cr1t can't match up to ppd, who himself said that he was the biggest asshole and cunt of a captain there is, simply because it brought results. He has neither the experience nor the attitude to reign in some of the hottest cores in Dota. Still I can't belive they missed the phrase "good plan executed today is better than a great one tomorrow" in preparation. But I don't think you can discount what Empire is doing, for a team with a sub, they have been doing some extraordinary feats, even if said sub is one of the best CIS cores.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hate when I'm watching a match and it looks like it's going one way, I have to stop watching, and the other team wins. Now I feel like I need to go back and watch game 1 of OG/TNC.

And yeah, this game 2 draft is shit.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
TNC got this, OG picked core naga. The fuck are they thinking.

nvm TNC going full retard
Meanwhile OG is shitting all over TNC 4v5, while Naga is just sitting top getting farm.

Edit: The throw is real...wtf OG?

Last edited:

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ranked MM is still utter shit, I hate LoL but their ranked mm is 10x better.

Why's that? To me, I think the ranked MM in dota2 seems to have proven itself to be a bad idea those games are filled with cancerous shits.

It happens every year, NA dota is fucked without EG and fanboys don't take it lightly. Liquid was 1 game away from the same fate, OG can turn into a meme if they lose to TNC again.

EG looked like they were done after G1 though, Liquid looked fine.

Really, I'd love to see more money throughout the year so your life doesn't depend on 1 fucking game of Dota. It's entertaining to watch people suffer, but at some point somebody is going to commit suicide over TI results.

Fingers crossed w/ the majors+minors.