DOTA 2

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
how the fuck do they fairly order the 3 way tie breaker games? One team will have the advantage of resting for an hour or so. Coin flip for who plays the first round?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Group A
Upper Bracket: LGD, Liquid, EG, OG
Lower Bracket: Mineski, VGJ.T, IG, Fnatic
Out: Winstrike

Group B
Upper Bracket: VP, Secret, Newbee, VG
Lower Bracket: TNC, VGJ.S, Serenity, OG
Out: Pain
Pretty fucking close. Nailed group A outside of Winstrike/IG (and since that went to tiebreaker, c'mon!) with the teams just slightly out of order.

Group B I didn't expect VGJ.S to do so well, but swap them and Newbee, and Optic/VG and I nailed that group as well.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Groups turned out pretty much as good as I could hope for, and there were some great games. Hoping for a deep run for the NA teams.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This TI is shaping out to be awesome, I like the meta too, so many weird picks. Hopefully somebody knocks LGD down to the lower bracket.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I'm thinking the first round winners are Liquid, VP, VGJ.S, and EG. The Losers bracket, as always, will be chaos for the first day.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So VGJ.S gets a draft penalty and cannot use a coach for their first match. Not quite sure I like that penalty. Possibly rather see them forfeit the match they used the two coaches but that could have a larger impact than I can figure out.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They used 2 coaches for all of the games. Unless you mean they should forfeit TI because of a minor thing that barely matter and was greenlighted by admins that were running the tournaments until Valve stepped in. The penalty is light because the issue is also light. Having one more coach in the booth doesn't mean much in terms of advantage. Having one over not having one if they said no coach, that'd be something.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm thinking the first round winners are Liquid, VP, VGJ.S, and EG. The Losers bracket, as always, will be chaos for the first day.
I'm kinda amazed Secret is even in the upper bracket, but their games vs EG were generally the shit. This TI can honestly go any way possible, including some epic lower bracket run.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They used 2 coaches for all of the games. Unless you mean they should forfeit TI because of a minor thing that barely matter and was greenlighted by admins that were running the tournaments until Valve stepped in. The penalty is light because the issue is also light. Having one more coach in the booth doesn't mean much in terms of advantage. Having one over not having one if they said no coach, that'd be something.

i'm actually surprised they didn't get the penalty for multiple obviously tactical pauses, one that actually changed the game.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
i'm actually surprised they didn't get the penalty for multiple obviously tactical pauses, one that actually changed the game.
Yeah, VGJ.S had some fucked up pauses. The biggest one that comes to mind is that game where SF was about to get smacked by 3 or 4 heroes. Tactical pause into Eul's the closest one, BKB, blink and TP away. On what was surely a kill.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't watch many VGJ.Storm games but there seemed to be a lot of pauses at the start of or during fights across teams this tournament.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, VGJ.S had some fucked up pauses. The biggest one that comes to mind is that game where SF was about to get smacked by 3 or 4 heroes. Tactical pause into Eul's the closest one, BKB, blink and TP away. On what was surely a kill.

Yup. Thats the one i was talking about. Shady as shit.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Today is the best day of the tournament. All the teams are still in. The stakes are extremely high.

The excitement of the best of 1's speaks for itself, and if an upper team drops down in the first round, they have to play almost x2 the matches to get to the end. It is a big ask to have to navigate a minefield that long. Seems like there is always one heavy favorite in the upper that gets upset.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
This Kaci chick they added for coverage...Dear lord, she annoys me already.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Pretty fucking awesome that Sneyking, Yawar, and CCnC are all starting in upper bracket at TI. 2 years ago I thought they were all T3 trash. Must be a dream come true for all of them.

You heard it here first. BSJ TI 10 winner

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user