DOTA 2

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
They got their treant protector.

Time to rape face.

If you told me 3 months ago that I'd see Treant protector and Razor on the same team in a game that's to get in to TI3, I'd slap you.

Holy shit this might be the luckiest lone druid bear I've ever seen in my life.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
LOL why are they giving treant to DD?! He's the only reason they've actually put up any fight in these past 2 games.

I will say DD is one of the more exciting teams to watch, they always go balls deep every game.

GG Mouz, they earned it. Syndren played really well in this last set.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rapier Alch is a lawn mower

The teamfight where gyro died with the rapier was tits.
The bane sitting on the high ground won it for them. He just sat there with a full cast fiends grip keeping him out of the fight while Black just cleaned up. Very well done.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The bane sitting on the high ground won it for them. He just sat there with a full cast fiends grip keeping him out of the fight while Black just cleaned up. Very well done.
That was fucking brilliant idea, was amazing, I don't think the rest of DD even knew what happened when that fight started, and I agree that's the only reason they won that fight so hard

Yeah giving mouz puck seems like a terrible idea that's what today taught me. His head thinks in all the angles, entries, and exists that super high level puck play takes and his phase shifting was impeccable.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whats up with Silencer on the competitive front? No right? I havent seen him picked much ( I dont watch many tournaments though).

Is he another one of those low tier stomper heroes?

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Silencer is just a pick that is hard to fit into many lineups, he's good enough to get picked, but he's not good enough to be pickable in every draft. He's situational, he really hasn't seen a ton of experimentation in meaningful games since his revamp though. I wouldn't be surprised if someone develops a silencer centric lineup or at least one that uses him in a 1 or 2 role.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Tongfu used him in the super league vs LGD, he still has one of the best counter-initiations in the game

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Rapier Alch is a lawn mower

The teamfight where gyro died with the rapier was tits.
Spectating games had never really appealed to me before last night, (plus I thought you had to pay for them) but logging into #foh and seeing everyone on my friends list "spectating a game" made me curious. Watching DD vs Mouz was ok right up until the Gyro took the rapier and then shit got real. I definitely feel like DD made a mistake going for Roshan when they did, from what I can remember the other team was relatively close to the pit and there was no way they could kill it before being discovered.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The other question I had from that game, when I tuned in at about 15-20 minutes the DD Rubick had like 8 last hits and 2 denies and hardly any items..he seemed to spend most of the match just patrolling back and forth in their woods. What was his role and what was he bringing to their side?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The other question I had from that game, when I tuned in at about 15-20 minutes the DD Rubick had like 8 last hits and 2 denies and hardly any items..he seemed to spend most of the match just patrolling back and forth in their woods. What was his role and what was he bringing to their side?
In pro games, you concentrate all farm on heroes that make the most out of items, usually physical carries. Rubbick and similar heroes don't really need farm, so they spend a lot of time making sure your core heroes can kill creeps safely, gank others and ward stuff. You get money from killing other heroes, so if the game isn't going well, you have them running around almost naked at 20 minutes in. It's not unusual to get stuck at low lvls for a long time, since you are really only needed for 1-2 spells and after that it only takes longer for you to respawn.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
In pro games, you concentrate all farm on heroes that make the most out of items, usually physical carries. Rubbick and similar heroes don't really need farm, so they spend a lot of time making sure your core heroes can kill creeps safely, gank others and ward stuff. You get money from killing other heroes, so if the game isn't going well, you have them running around almost naked at 20 minutes in. It's not unusual to get stuck at low lvls for a long time, since you are really only needed for 1-2 spells and after that it only takes longer for you to respawn.
hmm I understood that support characters taking last hits away from carries is not wise, didn't realise it extended to sacrificing exp as well as gold. So the Rubick was essentially a glorified scout?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
hmm I understood that support characters taking last hits away from carries is not wise, didn't realise it extended to sacrificing exp as well as gold. So the Rubick was essentially a glorified scout?
Rubick, even without farm or levels, can single handedly turn the tide of a fight. He's one of the highest impact support in the game, and that is why he's one of the most picked support in any setup. He also fits any setup against any setup, he does everything. Another very high impact hero is Shadow Demon, because Disruption can save your carry if he gets caught in a shitty spot at the start of a fight and that's basically the most valuable of skills.

In pro games, farm is concentrated on certain heroes, however it's not uncommon for the supports to get small windows of time where the big carries leave the lane so the supports can catch up on levels for a few minutes and reach lvl 6-8, but at that point their goal is to protect the carries, ward the map, always be there for a fight, sacrifice themselves to save the others and stuff like that, so yeah it can be rough. They will sometimes catch up just from teamfights/ganks if the game is going well however, as you gain a lot of xp and pretty good gold from assists.

In pubs, this won't be as bad most of the time. While you shouldn't actively try to steal last hits during laning and concentrate on stacking, pulling, checking runes, warding, and not leech too much xp and gold from your carries, there is usually a lot more time to catch up in pubs so even as a pure support player I often end up at lvl 14-16 with one or two items, while pro supports wouldn't get half that.

As for Rubick spellsteal, works on any spells regardless, he always steals the version the enemy used. For example stealing an ult from someone with an aghanim will let you cast the aghanim version even if you don't have one. There's also interesting cases where for example stealing Luna's Eclipse will cast Eclipse with Luna's Beam rank instead of your own Beam ranks, which would do no damage. The increased rank on Spell Steal only reduce the cooldown and increase the amount of time you keep the spells. I often skip the lvl 11 ult in favor of finishing the aura if I put more points than 1 in stun, as it's not as gamechanging most of the time. Definitely worth taking after that however(which in most cases is lvl 12 since I rarely put more than 2points in stun until 13-14).