DOTA 2

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thats so stupid.

BTW who's your guys pick now for Winner? I'm pretty sure DD, if on point will take it hands down. They play on a caliber the likes of Alliance and Navi.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still feeling RoxKis.

Heh, after being muted on my pudge:

I reque after being muted for 48 hours, Single Draft, I pick Morphling and head to the mid lane as no one else wants to lane against Skywrath. The lane was ... Not going well to say the least, I hadn't died but there was almost no farm to be had from his Arcane Bolt spam and denying. 6 minute mark hits, Skywrath ends up missing, I chat wheel to Missing Middle and ping the rune where he was heading to let my team know (hopefully) that he was coming with the rune. He gets the rune, it's haste, he gets a double kill. Team starts yelling at me and calling me bad for not saying he had the rune and starts asking the game to report me. What am I to do?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm still feeling RoxKis.

Heh, after being muted on my pudge:

I reque after being muted for 48 hours, Single Draft, I pick Morphling and head to the mid lane as no one else wants to lane against Skywrath. The lane was ... Not going well to say the least, I hadn't died but there was almost no farm to be had from his Arcane Bolt spam and denying. 6 minute mark hits, Skywrath ends up missing, I chat wheel to Missing Middle and ping the rune where he was heading to let my team know (hopefully) that he was coming with the rune. He gets the rune, it's haste, he gets a double kill. Team starts yelling at me and calling me bad for not saying he had the rune and starts asking the game to report me. What am I to do?
Valve logic is EA-esque. They can do no wrong.

I really wonder what the person who pitched the mute idea was thinking and how people responded to it. I assume a lot of alcohol was consumed. If you want some lawls, go to the dota dev forums and look at the hundreds of thread of bitching about it. I like to post every once in awhile to rustle some jimmies.

Though someone on the Dota dev forums did say something worthwhile, that being muted makes that person the perfect scapegoat and target for more reports.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm convinced you guys are doing something else and aren't telling the whole story. I've flat out sucked in certain games before and have never received a mute.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm convinced you guys are doing something else and aren't telling the whole story. I've flat out sucked in certain games before and have never received a mute.
I think it's a bit random, sure people who rage are likely to get muted first but the fact the system is automated means you will eventually get muted for something you didn't do because it's the interwebz. Overall it's a fairly horrible system, I hope they add a tribunal type thing like lol has and stop the automated process. Give battle points for reviewing cases, 5cases a days maximum, you only get points if your decision is the concensus, have 5(or more) people review each case before coming to a resolution. It's semi automated this way and while there will still be people who click guilty for every cases to be done quickly, it's still a lot more reliable than just muting people once they have reached a certain treshold.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lame, they nerfed powerleveling the Smeevil courier ;( You could load a replay, go into the reply, exit it, and it counted as a watched match. Looks like replays don't count anymore at all, regardless as to how much of the replay you watch.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Shit, I feel bad for anyone who is missing TongFu vs LGD in the EQs this morning. Some of the most aggressive Eastern plays I have seen, a lot of fun to watch.

Question though, didn't TongFu have an invite straight to TI3? Why are they playing qualifiers?

I've been saying RoX.KIS from the beginning and am not going to ditch them now, however DD does look like a solid choice to give them a run for their money. Fingers crossed.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Shit, I feel bad for anyone who is missing TongFu vs LGD in the EQs this morning. Some of the most aggressive Eastern plays I have seen, a lot of fun to watch.

Question though, didn't TongFu have an invite straight to TI3? Why are they playing qualifiers?

I've been saying RoX.KIS from the beginning and am not going to ditch them now, however DD does look like a solid choice to give them a run for their money. Fingers crossed.
Just watched them play in the super league, very high level, but fuck, watching 4+1 strats puts me to sleep. Wake me up when they finally fight with full inventory and Aegis. 500cs at 40 minutes is kinda neat tho.

cypis

Lord Nagafen Raider

TongFu are in from what I remember. They took LGD's spot after Valve revoked their invitation post their roster changes.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Agreed, however game 1 especially between those two teams was INSANE. Teamfights constant and the farming was just seamlessly integrated somehow by their Asian magic. 900 cs, 60 minutes from one of the players. Think it was an Anti Mage. That might have been game 2, but holy shit.

edit: Okay so I'm replying with those stats in the middle of doing shit so 900 could be inaccurate but it was impressive, alright? Lol.

So wait, LGD gets invited - changes roster and their invitation is revoked leaving TongFu as their replacement. Now they could be losing a qualifying match to a team that took their guaranteed spot in the tournament? I understand the invitational change but that hardly seems fair...

cypis

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agreed, however game 1 especially between those two teams was INSANE. Teamfights constant and the farming was just seamlessly integrated somehow by their Asian magic. 900 cs, 60 minutes from one of the players. Think it was an Anti Mage. That might have been game 2, but holy shit.

edit: Okay so I'm replying with those stats in the middle of doing shit so 900 could be inaccurate but it was impressive, alright? Lol.

So wait, LGD gets invited - changes roster and their invitation is revoked leaving TongFu as their replacement. Now they could be losing a qualifying match to a team that took their guaranteed spot in the tournament? I understand the invitational change but that hardly seems fair...
Valve's policy is that they invite players, not team names. Also, the games being played now are not part of the east qualifier and have nothing to do with the International, so I'm not sure why you're getting your jimmies rustled

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Oh shit I'm retarded, I'm mixing my tournaments all up. My bad. I was just observing anyway, I think we'd all agree it'd be fucked up if it were true. Anyway.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I got muted from my 8-0-4 enchantress game. At least I got a commend from my team mates. I can still talk in DotaTV at least, well I think I can.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
out of the 3 games I've played while muted, we lost all 3. coincidence? Think not. Fix your broken fucking system please.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nay, the game I was muted for (as stated previously) all I had said was "gg" and a couple pages ago the people that had anger issues were the ones that were saying they were getting irrationally angry at players.