DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Clock is simply too powerful hero to leave him to the other side in this match, unless you invest in a solid lane that can keep him zoned ala DS.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They even banned tinker to prevent EG from drafting the HG holding lineup, but no, clock is all the HG defense they needed. PL was too fat after that.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I absolutely hated the call to pull Universe out of the bottom lane. Keeping that pushed in would have forced Secret to stick near their base the whole game. Also, hated Universe's items.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
That was pretty close game, but Secret drafted a bit more lategame for once and this patch supports will always have 1-2 core items past 30 minutes, so Puppey could go ham on Kotl. Zeus was shitty pick imo. Loving how high level these games are.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was pretty surprised PPD wasn't focused on keeping tabs on Puppey. Ez snowball from there.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
And that wasn't even the worst creep to deal with either. I hate playing against good Ench players. Hahah.

K give back the comeback mechanics please... this is stupid =/

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Meh, heroes like DP don't even have a chance to shine in these games. 13 min gg? Seriously? If i went to TI and that was the finals? I'd want my money back.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
damn team secret gonna be going hard tonight with the coco and some hookers, who is that giant ball of a person wearing the team secret shirt, hes literally almost perfectly round.

yeah this is crazy its been like 6-8 months since i played but how long has it been like this? where 20min games are standard and anything over that is considered late game now? lol i remember you going into a Bo5 looking at like hours of dota, now its like over before you know it started.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I just saw the worst huskar in history playing in one of those TI games. He was a standin for some team "unknown." Weird item choices (he bought halberd early on, then bought a talisman of evasion, then proceeded to build a satanic,) didn't seem to understand how AA ult works or how to avoid it. Amusing game mostly because of him. Everyone was laughing their asses off at him. Super embarrassing play for having 11k viewers or whatever it was.

Summer's Rift vs. Unknown

I'm not really up on how these tournaments work, I thought these were all pro teams? Or does it have an amateur segment too or something in the beginning? I know this is all like, pre-season or whatever?

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
No, people on this message board are making stacks for the NA qualifier. Anyone can join at this point.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It is open qualifiers for each region, so yeah pretty much anyone can put together a team and try to go through. Summer's Rift is a T2 NA team, they would Canada Cup and made it to the Red Bull LAN last month. BananaSlamJama streams a ton and is salty as hell, always crave up watching him. Demon is pretty well known. I don't watch much / any Peru DOTA so no idea about Unknown.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Their storm just pulled off one of the best aegis snatches ive ever seen LOL.

Just shows changing rosters just before TI never pays off. What an upset.

groovy_and_sl

shitlord
I just saw the worst huskar in history playing in one of those TI games. He was a standin for some team "unknown." Weird item choices (he bought halberd early on, then bought a talisman of evasion, then proceeded to build a satanic,) didn't seem to understand how AA ult works or how to avoid it. Amusing game mostly because of him. Everyone was laughing their asses off at him. Super embarrassing play for having 11k viewers or whatever it was.
About the worst lineup to pick Huskar. That dude has a pretty infamous huskar actually. I saw this game on ppd's stream and it was hilarious.

His build seems to be all about the sub-6 minute armlet and solo rosh. SR def knew what was up though.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Ah, that explains it.

Man, did he play horrible that game. It was literally like watching a 2k player. I noticed the armlet rush over everything else.

The commentator I was listening to (among the people in the chat) were like "What the fuck is this Huksar doing?"

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Icefrog watched Summit:News - Dota 2 Update - May 18th 2015
6.84c
--
* Haste rune duration reduced from 30 to 25
* Mekansm cooldown increased from 45 to 65
* Tether movespeed bonus reduced from 17% to 14/15/16/17%
* Rocket Barrage damage reduced from 11/15/19/23 to 8/13/18/23
* Bristleback Base Attack Time increased from 1.7 to 1.8
* Precision Aura's passive no longer has an exception for pseudo-heroes like Familiars (still affects them when cast, like creeps)
* Spiderlings Poison Sting slow reduced from 15 to 12%
* Holy Persuasion now provides a base HP minimum of 700/800/900/1000 instead of raw bonus HP
* Tombstone HP reduced from 200/400/600/800 to 175/350/525/700

* The fixed portion of the XP Hero Bounty for first 5 levels is reduced from 100/120/160/220/300 to 100/120/140/160/180 (then continues +100 per level as usual)
* AoE Gold Bounty, for teams that are behind, now has a small additional component that doesn't fully scale with net worth (100/75/50/35/25 for 1/2/3/4/5 heroes, scales linearly from 0 to 4k net worth difference)
* Small adjustments to AoE Gold (non-networth component)

Old:
1: 154 + 7.7 * Level
2: 115.5 + 6.6 * Level
3: 66 + 5.5 * Level
4: 38.5 + 4.4 * Level
5: 33 + 4.4 * Level

New
1: 150 + 8 * Level
2: 100 + 7 * Level
3: 40 + 6 * Level
4: 25 + 4 * Level
5: 20 + 4 * Level

The patching is getting a bit knee-jerky in my opinion, but the qualifiers are coming up and he probably didn't want them to be full of 20 min stomps.