DOTA 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Bunch of friends are really into LoL... I went to a buddies house to watch the World's finals (it was on at like 4am because Korea). We had a bunch of coffee/food, etc and stillEVERYONEwas falling asleep because the matches were so boring.
Yeah I think the game's fun to watch when it's like 30mins and more, but before that it's often fucking boring as hell. There might be some cool stuff happening and dragon control sometimes lead to early teamfights with top lane TPing in, but that happens like once and then everyone goes back to farming.

That's why I hated playing as a support in LoL versus Dota, you don't fucking do shit for most of the early game. You just stand in the bush behind your ADC, you harass/control the lane a bit if they get close, but it's super passive. No pulling, no rune checking, no smoke gank, no TP counter gank. On top of that, you feel a lot weaker in LoL due to the item based scaling on spells. If you don't have items, you're only there for control/support-ish abilities like buffs and what not, which is ok for some champions but it makes a lot of stuff non viable as support, while in dota, heroes like Lina are viable supports because they do serious damage even without any items. There's this one fucker with his lantern that's really cool though, forgot his name but definitely coolest support in LoL I think and really nice design.

But yeah, I think dota's a lot more fun to watch.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I keep forgetting to check it out but if anyone is interested they're doing the Newcomer stream as well this year for a few games each day:Twitch

A little more basic commentary with some mechanical explanations, etc...

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
WD was not going to save that game if it got where he needed to. Obviously you can knock one of the 3 best drafters on the planet for his priority / order, but it makes sense not wanting to lose naga, ta, and am. You can tell EHOME watched their games, knew jungle tendencies etc. I think a different draft farther out of of the current meta was the best way to make showing your two cores / carries first work. We do know what didn't work.

Wonder what empire shows up, sometimes they get this lead then fold...

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
WD was not going to save that game if it got where he needed to. Obviously you can knock one of the 3 best drafters on the planet for his priority / order, but it makes sense not wanting to lose naga, ta, and am. You can tell EHOME watched their games, knew jungle tendencies etc. I think a different draft farther out of of the current meta was the best way to make showing your two cores / carries first work. We do know what didn't work.

Wonder what empire shows up, sometimes they get this lead then fold...
WD can have game changing ultimates with Aghs.

Seems like Empire forgot how to play against wisp.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
TA play that game was amazing. What a slugfest. After the early game i thought there was no way that Empire loses that game then... TA happened.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seems like there have been a lot of games so far where TA just goes ham. Funnily during I was thinking TA before Secret picked viper in game 1.

Cybsled

That huge fight before TA solo'd the entire team, that wisp was so tanky while TA wrecked them. Nice match for MVP.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
TA has a solid win rate so far, forgot what it was, but it's high enough the toon should always be picked or banned. Unless pocket strat.

About LoL etc, DotA just has a sexier depth. Makes it a solid spectator sport, but it is a game with a crazy learning curve. And TI is the crowning event of it. Just wish Xyclops was casting, his casting is hilarious.

AM too... Empire on tilt? Feels like they have been ready to get bounced for a while.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So as a dota noob who knows nothing, how often can you "buy back"? That one fact alone makes dota more interesting than LoL to watch for me.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
6min cd... I think. Wow, can't believe I don't know off the top of my head. I think 6 minutes.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So as a dota noob who knows nothing, how often can you "buy back"? That one fact alone makes dota more interesting than LoL to watch for me.
Costs gold. Cooldown is 7 minutes I believe. Plus the next time you die 25% of your remaining death timer from when you bought back is added onto your death timer.

Simas_sl

shitlord
It's a fairly long cooldown and costs a good amount of gold. The amount increases as the game progresses. Diebacks - buying back and then quickly dying again - are really bad.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
DOTA2 Wiki_sl said:
Buying Back

While your Hero is dead, you have the option of "buying back" and respawning instantly in exchange for a gold fee. The cost of buyback is based on your Hero's level, and also increases fifteen gold per minute since the starting horn, or one gold every four seconds. Buying back takes away from your reliable gold pool first, and the cost uses the following formula:

Buyback Gold = 100 + (Level2 ? 1.5) + (Game Time In Minutes ? 15)

After buying back, 25% of your Hero's remaining respawn time will be added to your next death. Additionally, all gold gained by the Hero is reduced by 60% until the respawn timer would have finished. The gold icon on the HUD will flash red when this time finishes. Buyback has a cooldown of 7 minutes.
You have to be very careful when you use it because, yeah, the cooldown is 7 min, can cost a significant amount of gold, and limits your economy after doing it. So pushing in the late game you have to start paying attention to your BB gold, your opponent's BB status, and consider if you're able to overcome it.

Oh and protip, you can tell buyback status by the gold border on the respawn timer under the hero portrait. Only for your team, obviously. Unless you're observer and you can see it for all.