DOTA 2

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Something overlooked by the casters, when Slardar took the top rune and died, he did force the lich into nuke over deny @ level 1

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lol that cute tp cancel cost them rax
I don't think Juggernaut could have done anything useful in the defense.

To be honest, Envy's juggernaut hasn't been that impressive so far. It doesn't appear to be one of the heroes he's perfected. I think Burning, SingSing or Era would be more effective in the same game.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This one is over. Secret has no shot at this point.

Congratulations to OG! What a fucking Cinderalla.

Edit: I like seeing actual enthusiasm for a win, too. They were fucking pumped.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think there was some lucky RNG in both the ganks where he didn't get all the omni jumps, but still OG played really well. The only hero I thought Puppey might have tried was Silencer so they can blow up both WW and Dazzle, but otherwise I think it was more execution.

The EE TP cancel was not a problem imo, either he could die to bait the TPs or he doesnt and they are fucked. Single rax is nothing to radiance alchemist.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think there was some lucky RNG in both the ganks where he didn't get all the omni jumps, but still OG played really well. The only hero I thought Puppey might have tried was Silencer so they can blow up both WW and Dazzle, but otherwise I think it was more execution.

The EE TP cancel was not a problem imo, either he could die to bait the TPs or he doesnt and they are fucked. Single rax is nothing to radiance alchemist.
Ya, I'm not sure what the panel thinks a juggernaut with a perseverance & serpent band could do.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Man, watching EE leaving the booth, it's like watching a 6 year old discover Santa Clause isn't real. Just pure defeat and sadness.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I think it was a mistake, but I dont think it was the nail in the coffin for them.

I think it was just Puppey getting heavily outdrafted by Fly that last game. Imo a Razor would have smashed OGs lineup over alch since you pre storm and toss static link and dont give 0 fucks about Doom and drain away SFs damage. I mean alch did nothing in this game....especially that greevils greed build with no concoction....OG simply walked away from fights without a stun or way to keep them in place and SF dominated hard. He had what, a 2-3k gold lead early on??

And Fly seemed to have a nice little pocket strat for Doom + Lich to straight up make Slardars ulti worthless via the armor creep. Iirc at the end of the game Doom had 55 armor. That last pick Brew vs the Alch swung the game heavy into OGs favor. The only way to keep Brew from getting a split off was to get Fiends Grip and Omni to kill him or something, he was very tanky, and if he gets the jump like he did most of the time, he was just cycloning Slardar to keep him from counter initiating. Even then Rubick was just sitting waiting to steal grip....cr1t is a fucking beast and was their mvp imo. OGs lineup just shit all over Secret's in that last game in almost every way.

OG really impressed me with their drafting and teamwork, especially cr1t and moon.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Thanks for the info about dark seer... I guess I still kind of look at it like hey dark seers super level dependent, so screw him and he's worthless. Always forget he can jungle fairly decently.

That had to feel so good for fly and n0tail after everything that happened to them with secret. It's ironic that brew fucked secrets lineup so hard and the panel had been talking about hI'm being a great counter to those types of lineups for awhile now.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
He's fun as hell at low MMR, one of my favorites. People just sit in Ion Shell, you can bully the shit out of any lane, go jungle easy, and pick how you want to itemize with blink, or mek, or Shiva's, or guardian greaves, vyse, pipe, etc.. etc.. Not that you can't with others I just find it particularly fun and easy with him. Toss a couple Ion shells afk farm outva lane, move to the next one. Or find a good melee to shell / surge. Shell yourself and dive a tower with a creep wave for easy kills. I think he's awesome.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think it was a mistake, but I dont think it was the nail in the coffin for them.

I think it was just Puppey getting heavily outdrafted by Fly that last game. Imo a Razor would have smashed OGs lineup over alch since you pre storm and toss static link and dont give 0 fucks about Doom and drain away SFs damage. I mean alch did nothing in this game....especially that greevils greed build with no concoction....OG simply walked away from fights without a stun or way to keep them in place and SF dominated hard. He had what, a 2-3k gold lead early on??
I don't think razor would have done much either, at best he would have pushed SF more into the jungle but would have otherwise been irrelevant, just spin him and ignore him.

I agree though, no stun alchemist seemed questionable. Perhaps the issue was that both w33 and EE went the greedy builds, they needed one or the other to be able to fight early. Probably both given the disables, though that might suggest they really need a burst hero too.

And Fly seemed to have a nice little pocket strat for Doom + Lich to straight up make Slardars ulti worthless via the armor creep. Iirc at the end of the game Doom had 55 armor. That last pick Brew vs the Alch swung the game heavy into OGs favor. The only way to keep Brew from getting a split off was to get Fiends Grip and Omni to kill him or something, he was very tanky, and if he gets the jump like he did most of the time, he was just cycloning Slardar to keep him from counter initiating.
Lich + Doom is something that has been popular in Europe for a while, I don't think OG was first to run it. Was a lot weaker than normal since lich skilled nuke at level 1 and didn't have the ability to deny for a while. Doom seemed like a red herring in the game, you couldn't kill him but he wasn't really doing much damage either.