DOTA 2

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Actually insane how little Afterlife is getting done.

Can't believe Ramses just fucked that up.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Writing off a puppey team ? How long have you been around ?

Holy shit, Secret vs Empire was tough even by C9 standards. "Let's get ahead, then let's throw a bit, then when we are are 1,5 rax down let's start playing like TI contenders again"

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Weird, because VB is currently playing complexity. Overslept maybe?

It doesn't really matter though, they weren't going to win.

Cybsled

That secret game was more about Empire throwing than Secret doing well. They got extremely lucky.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
That secret game was more about Empire throwing than Secret doing well. They got extremely lucky.
Really ? How can you completely disregard the way they danced around the terrorblade with force staff, ghost scepter and call, forced him to kill the razor several times and didn't bumrush into buybacks when empire had 4 dead ?

Secret @ TI, get fucked roster locks
biggrin.png

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really ? How can you completely disregard the way they danced around the terrorblade with force staff, ghost scepter and call, forced him to kill the razor several times and didn't bumrush into buybacks when empire had 4 dead ?

biggrin.png
No shit. The force staff chains were awesome at the end.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
You could have put the eu qualifiers on a lan event and not been disappointed, what a blood bath. I'm still struggling to understand how navi got a direct invite... they played well for what a month? Also looks like alliance is getting my hopes up to crush them again lol.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is incorrect. They do b/g stuff too.

As for Mirana, her aghs is amazing, but she is still a mid-game hero that becomes pretty worthless late game.
She's still pretty strong late game, depends on the build. With Aghs she has more flexibility in builds now as she can go eblade octarine or right-clicker, plus the ulitmate makes paupers of your opponents supports. Even with the stat gain buff she's not strong enough for a position-1 but I don't see why she isn't picked as a 2.

Its funny after I posted EG ended up going Mirana for Sumail.

biggrin.png
I wonder if they make changes to how roster locking works as the scene seems less stable than ever before. Just think, we have multiple chances for an open qualifier roster breaking team winning TI heh

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Actually I'm kind of surprised how the EG/Secret roster changes went over well, since you still have people salty that they kicked W33 and Misery, I guess it's because they settled it between each other, but they could have just as easily turned to any other pubstar grinding quals in a t2/3 team and screwed them out of running for a TI spot, you don't say no to a single chance to play for an AAA team that has a shot at winning big at TI. On the other hand, flouting the roster locks turned the NA quals into the joke everybody expected it to be. I think next year we will see some changes to the system, either a few days to trade after the last Major or a more transparent invite system into Majors/qualifiers.

If you are a struggling AAA team with decent financial backing, you have no reason to work out the problems with the roster you locked in, when the solution can come much more easily and you fuck over your competition in the process.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Until there is a legal framework to protect players interests as well as hold them to binding contracts we'll see shit like this happen. For most players in Dota, most of their income is from prize pools at lan finals. They do not have reasonable salaries unless they are in the West and in the top few teams of the West. Chinese Dota is regulated poorly and a bit of a separate entity, but regulated like a sporting league internally. The West is more like a boom or bust type of proposition, Either you poopsock playing Dota, hopefully have a reasonable personality (for the team), find 4 other people you can work with and then if you do win you live the dream. Otherwise the dream is living in Fear's basement circa Free To Play. You add on the fact that teams in SEA/CIS/SA regions definitely have a different kind of motivation financially. We see these kids 322 shit for hundreds of dollars only. Top 8 at TI is like getting the Golden Ticket for Chocolate Factory for them.

I wish Valve would realize that the top heavy prize distribution of TI also incentivizes roster lock busting. Its an easier choice to bust an invite while also sitting on a pile of cash, the 16th-20th best team in Dota doesn't have the same financial security/luxury to bust their roster. If EG or Secret didn't make it to TI, their players can take that kind of gamble as they are sitting on piles of cash relative to the competition. Without stable incomes from some ownership group/sponsor (like large contract salaries in most pro sports leagues), the next best thing, like in Tennis is a more flat prize distribution so getting 30th or 50th or 80th 100 in big events is still worth a livable wage commensurate to being a top 100 player of your profession. TI is the top 100 players of all of Dota, if and only if you include the wildcards. Why does the 100th best player earn jack and shit, and the 60-80th best players only earn 11 grand a piece if their organizations don't take a piece already (And this is the TI cut these players received). This is wack only because the worst of the best are still only making a shit wage relative to living on this planet earth in 2015, while dota makes valve piles and piles of cash.

If you placed 13th to 16th best (making you the 60-80th best dota player) on the planet in all four majors this year you would be walking away with $29,000 before anything other than a 5 way split of the prize. This is in my opinion is pretty bullshit considering the cash in the scene. It will be like every other Esport in the past that is dead in time if this doesn't change.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
HO-LE-SHIT.

I have no idea how Alliance pulled that out. They were getting their shit kicked in all game. TB too strong.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think Alliance is doing it!

My predictions have been shit though. I think it's cause I didn't realize the #1 team from the matchups would be an auto entry, and the bracket is for #2 and wildcard. I would have altered my predictions a bit if I knew wtf was going on.