Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did somebody say Ti Winner?

562px-Admiralbulldog2_ESL_Frankfurt_2015.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
That's gotta be a completely casual joke of a team that won't compete anywhere T1. Especially not against EG and not with him trying to run a whole organization and get back in the pro scene. Either way it'll be fun to watch.

I think we had this discussion a few months back but I give BSJ a ton of credit. He entered the 'scene' totally unprofessionally, with a huge ego, shit on people, and rightfully so go shit on back. He seems to have taken almost all of this to heart and his streams are not quite 180 degrees from before but at least 120. He's also one of the only people that communicates every decision he's making in game, spends almost all time between games answering chat questions, livestreams his coaching sessions, and does content on the side for YouTube and Gameleap. The guy isn't a TI winner, but I give him major props for the effort he is putting in to the game, his own growth, and others. He can still be a whiny little twerp but that is part of the charm.

EG invited Sumail after Arteezy left because he was the 1st place at ixmike's inhouse league. No other reason, as stated by ppd. You know who was the 1st place a month later ? BSJ.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Does MMR calibration take into account only W/L ratio for setting MMR placement or does it also consider individual stats as well like XPM/GPM, K/D, etc.?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Does MMR calibration take into account only W/L ratio for setting MMR placement or does it also consider individual stats as well like XPM/GPM, K/D, etc.?
Your individual performance is what matters more, the MMR calibration is mostly just for show when you tryhard, so it adjusts you by a few hundred at most. For most people the game has a decent idea where to rank them already, after that, only W/L matters.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Well fuck me. I am 2 for 2 for right now but I've been heavily fucking around near the end of the games as it's been that sort of atmosphere where we can completely have fun for the last 15 mins. We had a techies and were suiciding around for shits n giggles. Guess I needa stop.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Don't sweat it too hard, you have played over a hundred games on your account, one game ain't gonna fuck you up

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought someone said (maybe even in this thread) that the only thing considered was damage for calibration?

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pretty sure it doesnt consider damage very much at all. When I did my calibration (long ago) I was played 8 or 9 of the games as support and I calibrated around 3500.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure it doesnt consider damage very much at all. When I did my calibration (long ago) I was played 8 or 9 of the games as support and I calibrated around 3500.
The algorithm was changed several times due to abuse, at one point it valued healing a lot, then it was hero damage, etc. It tracks your every unranked game, but keeps it hidden, that's why the calibration doesn't matter as much as you think it would. I believe it even tracked only your personal stats over w/l, but that was hopefully changed, since boosters just picked zeus and spammed ult on cd.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
There was a picture that circulated years ago that showed what it was using for calibration and it was a listing of like 10-15 different things. Think this is what inspired people with the Zeus spam Zaphid refers to and also later on the oracle spam healing all game "trick".

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Heh just had a 90 minute techies game Match 2898669249 - Overview

We were pinned in our base by the 40 minute mark
and eventually down to just the ancient with 25% hp left. Had only taken their mid lane of rax. Both T2's still up. Had to go veil, dagon 5 and bloodthorn. We would wipe them in our base but couldn't get far enough out to push. Told PA and Magnus to get Rapiers and somehow we managed to get the throne.

Nobody on the other team bought BKBs to counter my mines, so game would probably have turned out differently if they had. Our PA also never got a bkb.

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Or when you try a new hero, drow ranger, and get stomped by easy bots. Not even medium or hard...