DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Man EG getting destroyed G2 vs LGD. Pugna pick totally fucking up the game.

Gh-god!

Lycan? Hasn't it mostly been in Pugna games or when opponents buy a ghost?

Howl is nuts with everybody riding the Nightstalker train, the wolves give great vision unless you are vs gem and he eats towers for breakfast. Can stay in lanes solo due to regen. He is the perfect carry for this meta since you have a lot of 1v1 in the sidelanes where he matches up well and Axe, his typical counter, isn't very popular right now.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Howl is nuts with everybody riding the Nightstalker train, the wolves give great vision unless you are vs gem and he eats towers for breakfast. Can stay in lanes solo due to regen. He is the perfect carry for this meta since you have a lot of 1v1 in the sidelanes where he matches up well and Axe, his typical counter, isn't very popular right now.

I was talking about the diffusal purchases on him.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
EG is sorta tripping me out. They're leaning heavily on this Lycan + Shaker + Mirana combo with alternating supports depending on the other team. And I mean it is great because you can't know who is playing who or what the lanes will look like until pick 5 basically. I'm sure cr1t has more in the tank and you can't show all your cards in the group stage, but I dunno...

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm happy with EG's play so far barring the support Batrider. It's looked so weak.

I only commented so I had an excuse to post this:

Untitled.png

Cybsled

Hmm is day 1 going to be the UB and all the LB? LB are all BO1 I think.

Fantasy league wise, seems like the UB are the best value since you are guaranteed at least 2 games for whatever players you pick. So many of those UB games could go either way, though. LFY vs. TNC seems most lopsided when you take into account LFY's group stage performance.

As for LB, it is nuts that OG could in theory be eliminated 1st day. BO1 usually end up being maximum cheese bullshit and a bad start can literally cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I think Secret , Empire, OG, and IGV wins for LB. For UB, I think Liquid, EG, LFY, VP.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I think the lower bracket is insane volatile. C9/Empire is a coin flip. DC/IG.V is favored to IG, but DC can also win this game. Liquid are doing it part two. OG seems unlikely to lose to Infamous, but who knows. And Secret could completely lose a Bo1 to Execration. The less upsets in the bottom though, the better the loser's will be for the event. LFY/TNC/OG I think got the worst draws. 1 of them is out in top 12 no matter how it shakes out.

EG/Newbee seem the most fortunate. The losers gets to beat up C9 or Empire for top 8.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the lower bracket is insane volatile. C9/Empire is a coin flip. DC/IG.V is favored to IG, but DC can also win this game. Liquid are doing it part two. OG seems unlikely to lose to Infamous, but who knows. And Secret could completely lose a Bo1 to Execration. The less upsets in the bottom though, the better the loser's will be for the event. LFY/TNC/OG I think got the worst draws. 1 of them is out in top 12 no matter how it shakes out.

EG/Newbee seem the most fortunate. The losers gets to beat up C9 or Empire for top 8.

Its not draw is it? Its A1 vs B4, A2 vs B3, A3 vs B2, A4 vs B1?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Definite contender to win it. Despite LFY having the better record, the team's overall meta is very static and they are going to be figured out. They are much closer to CDEC than they are to Wings. Outside of a major upset I can see Liquid going straight through the UB to the Finals and I say that as a huge EG fan. EG can probably pull a game off of them, but both teams look very similar to how they did at Epicenter and Liquid won that Bo5 with ease.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definite contender to win it. Despite LFY having the better record, the team's overall meta is very static and they are going to be figured out. They are much closer to CDEC than they are to Wings. Outside of a major upset I can see Liquid going straight through the UB to the Finals and I say that as a huge EG fan. EG can probably pull a game off of them, but both teams look very similar to how they did at Epicenter and Liquid won that Bo5 with ease.

Hard to know which group was tougher as well so we don't know whether the scores comparable. I agree though, seems likely LFY vs Liquid in the upper bracket.