DOTA 2

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Couldnt think of a better team to do the back to back win. So innovative and just fun guys. Jerax interview about their trolling meta was great.
Spamming notail flags vs eg was lulz.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
"Ok gg" was one of the best moment. Especially when you look at secret running wisp as carry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
lol @ twitch sending out the spoiler email like 10 hours after the tourny, fucking retards

if you see the email on your phone the spoil is soon enough in the text that you'll get it no matter what, even if you don't open it, lol

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was with my friend today and he got the email that spoiled it. I was avoiding everything, reddit and google news and everything until I got home and watched it. I didn't think I'd even have to tell him not to spoil it cause he only watches fighting game shit on twitch and doesn't give a shit about mobas. He says out loud "why is twitch sending me an email about so and so winning TI9, i don't give a shit".

Fucking cool shit bro

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yea I tried avoiding any possible spoilers then my google news app sent a push notification 10 mins after I woke up. Cool sfuff.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yea I tried avoiding any possible spoilers then my google news app sent a push notification 10 mins after I woke up. Cool sfuff.

having the international overseas is an affront to american supremacy and Trump should get involved

changemymind

• 1Solidarity

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
having the international overseas is an affront to american supremacy and Trump should get involved

changemymind
I would vote for trump if he brought TI back to ‘merica where it belongs

and build a wall around china while we’re at it amirite 🇨🇳

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Except it is Trump's immigration policy that pushed it away and Valve said that was a big factor in why they left the US. I could care less about the people involved, just somebody figure out the policy so we can have in back in the US.

• 1Picard

Cybsled

The Key Arena is also under renovations until like 2021, which is another reason venues have been changing the past few years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
It makes perfect sense to bring TI to other parts of the globe to give more people the opportunity to attend or just have it in a reasonable timezone for them.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Except it is Trump's immigration policy that pushed it away and Valve said that was a big factor in why they left the US. I could care less about the people involved, just somebody figure out the policy so we can have in back in the US.

I kinda feel like that's bullshit. But is it?

Was the US the country having via issues for years? I remember that shit, barely, but not well enough to refer to memory.

Call it Professional skepticism

• 1Solidarity

Delly

Trakanon Raider

Was the US the country having via issues for years? I remember that shit, barely, but not well enough to refer to memory.

The articles address that there were issues before but that Valve could use their connections to typically push visas through. They weren't sure they would be able to do that since their own employees were having Visa troubles (after Trumps changes) so how likely would it be to get some random gamer from China into the US for 2 weeks?

Who knows, maybe everything would be okay, but why take the risk that a star player couldn't come and ruin the chances for a team and essentially ruin the legitimacy of TI?

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

There were always a bunch of issues, but not having the details of each individual one makes it hard to know the fault (we’ve always had dumb rules and quite a few have been player issues in filing out paper work, again because our process may be inane).

All three articles are from 2017, all sourcing the same quote, speculating that possible immigration policies that didn’t even exist at the time MAY have an impact on TI remaining in the U.S. All while offering no further evidence, specific policy, or instances of this being the case.

But hey, make sure you run out and blame Trump. Because reasons.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I just want to add that I'm not pointing fingers, just going off the information Valve provided. Whether that is the truth or a convenient excuse for them to move the tournament out of the US, I dont know.

Most likely there is a little bit of both. Nothing wrong with a little bit of faith and skepticism.

Cybsled

The problem is always for the teams that have to get in via open qualifiers, there is a fairly short window. 1 month might be ok for some countries, but if you have a country that is all "lol wut is esports?" or some backlogged/difficult visa process that can't be fast trackers, then you're fucking up a multi-million dollar tournament.

Makes sense to go to a smaller country/region where you can potentially get more assurances that won't be an issue.

That being said, TI11 has a strong chance of being in Seattle again if Key Arena is good to go.

• 1Like