DOTA 2

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Ceb and Notail are with OD pixel doing the upper bracket of Dreamleague. Alliance V NIP Its a great cast

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What the? Only at the top of the notes and this courier shit sounds bonkers.

I was just hoping they'd fix Morph Shaker, but I don't even know what to make of this.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I assumed a big patch (not 7.00 big) but this was close lol

glad it was a massive change though, i actually have interest in the game again lol

edit: i dont know what to expect with the courier changes though... if the game goes late were gonna start seeing like... lotus orb/linkins on couriers being micro'd by a carry n shit? lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's a lot of crazy shit if the game goes late. Lvl 30 heroes have all talents, couriers can use items and you get the tier 5 drops from creeps at 70+ minutes, many of which are absolutely broken shit(75% reflect on single target spells, 6s cd force staff boots, 400attack range and knockback on hit and shit like that). I guess the games will end pretty fucking quick at that point.

There's a lot of cool shit though so it's hard to say how it goes. They changed Dark Seer back to be able to Vacuum shit during Naga sleep for example which is... interesting. The new Venge aura also look busted, 180 attack range aura that'll make melees crazy.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game feels kind of clowny. I think they are going to have to pull back on the Jungle creep items quite a bit.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i don't think i'm interested at all in the patch after playing a few games lol

I'll try again in a month when they make their adjustments

Mao

Trakanon Raider
So I think this patch is going to be bad for competitive. It makes the game clowny and kind of fun for a bit, but in my opinion it goes against the theme of Dota when it adds in the randomness. I guess you could say the better team would win out overall even with the random items added, but I would like to think some of the margins of error and difference at the pro levels make the competition pretty tight.
Now toss in an item on a flash farming AM that is a free PMS, or a free Iron Talon?

Give a mid laner +8 int and +3 armor at the 5min mark? Permanent bonus regen? And those are just the 5 minute items. It could really throw off a matchup, which might be more interesting for the spectator but I think would undermine a lot of the balance. Of course your pro players will learn this stuff fast and work to compensate, but it could really force item timings and game balance into flux with sudden power spikes.

The side shop outpost seems ok. Its... odd, but not something random. The couriers for all tied to your passive GPM is interesting, though lvl 25 couriers able to use items and place wards. I expect to start seeing Courier swarms with Dagon 5s and other clownly shit. But again, that is at least something you can account for.

The neutral drops though? I'm real hesitant to see how those will play out.

I get the mental image of the Roman Coliseum, where we as the crowd get to randomly throw weapons into the pit to make the fight 'more intersting'. :p
(Now that I mention it, I wait for that Twitch interaction to be monetized in the future)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I don't see the items staying the way they are, they are too random(you can get any item in the tier, no "timeline" or order you can count on to know you should farm now or it's not necessary or whatever) and they are too strong(they're fairly specific, but since you can trade them with your team it's very easy to put them on someone who can at least make partial use, and some items are straight up broken if you hit them first drop right away). They're basically large random amounts of gold on neutrals. Plus it pushes people to clear neutrals, which sounds fucking awful unless we're going full LoL style where each team has one dedicated jungler, which kills a lot of the freedom for picks and stuff.

I saw a suggestion on reddit that the items should be time limited and at the very least that'd alleviate some of the issues. Like you loot a good item but it only lasts 3minutes or whatever, so you can either try to force something to make use of it but with a potential cost(if you get iron talon you might want to jungle for 3mins but now your lane is deserted free to be pushed) and at least the value granted is lost after a while, so it's similar to runes to an extent.

There might be other potential nerfs. I think for example revealing the area to the enemy team when you drop an item, so you can see what the enemy is getting, and also what they're doing at that specific point of time. Having the items drop in a set order which is visible somewhere ingame(order can be randomized per match, but then stays the same) would probably be good, so you know "eh we should clear our jungle and get this item" or "nvm nothing good". Might be worth showing the enemy timeline too(or maybe they're the same), so you can decide to go contest the enemy farm instead knowing that they'll be in the jungle because the next item is good(something a bit similar to bounties where people get ready every 5mins to fight for them, you'd have a fight every 10mins if the first item is good, or a race at least). They should probably remove a fair amount of them too, 62 items or whatever the number is is fucking stupid. Reduce the amount of tier, reduce the amount of items. It's going to be a pain in the ass for random spectators to watch this shit especially since 3/4 of the items have finnicky stats and weird shit going on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Only played a couple games so far, but it seems flash farmers are stronger now. The game seems faster paced, and teams with flash farmers seem to be having an advantage. I've seen someone like Alch or AM have a near inventory full of random drop shit, and it adds up. He just trades them out to his supports as he upgrades.

Not really a fan so far as I think it inflates net worth which lets them farm even faster on heroes that are already supposed to race ahead.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Make the game real woke, drop jungle items on death ;)

despite my last comment, i played a few more. Yep definitely not a fun patch at all lol

nisser

Trakanon Raider
I just loathe these big patches and they kill my desire to play. I logged in last night without even checking the notes and was absolutely lost.
Neutral items? Wtf...might be ok if you didn't change every fucking hero, change the map, location of runes, timing of runes, and everything fucking else.
I had a lot of trouble transitioning to path 7.0 and this might just kill my desire to play permanently. What's the problem in laying this out in stages?

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck the RNG bullshit. I haven’t played a game in weeks and won’t play it now. I don’t play Hearthstone or DOTA auto chess cause fuck RNG.