DOTA 2

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
Hey guys I'm back on the hype train for TI. Can anyone give me a rundown about new heroes I can expect to see and any meta shifts? Is it still running tri lanes?
Trilanes will always be run until there is a significant change to xp or strength of specific duos. The times you do not see a trilane are times when they know they can succeed with a duo lane against a solo offlane.

That may not be clear, so let me be clearer by explaining trilanes.

The purpose of a trilane is toguaranteethat you win a lane. In a 2-1-2 setup, you have some chance to win both side lanes, and an even chance to win mid. In a classic 1-1-3 setup, you will lose the offlane (getting as much as you can for it), but win your safelane. Duo lanes cannot guarantee this on the level that a trilane can. A trilane also, once dominating the space in the lane, rotates supports mid and to the jungle to pull or stack. The objective of the supports in the trilane is to avoid being in the lane as much as possible, while still protecting the carry as much as possible with their presence. The objective of the carry is to maximize farm.

That is for a classic setup. You throw in aggressive trilanes (my fave), dodging trilanes, and duo offlanes, and things can change, but the basic formula is what you draft around.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Trilanes have been extremely "fluid" though lately. Generally you start with the trilane and if it's not contested, one support goes in the jungle doing random shit and other harass, then gank and so on and often the carry ends up 1vs1 from 5mins on which is fine due to the level and early item advantage over the offlaner. Like it's not like the pre jungle nerf trilane where the 2 supports would just spend all the laning stacking and double pulling shit and they could get perfectly fine xp and gold off that alone so ganks were fairly minimal. Hell a good amount of the game it seems one support actually just goes and sit mid behind the mid to gank/protect from ganks and it becomes 1-2-2 or even 0-2-1 with offlaner in jungle. The days of tri vs tri every game are pretty much over, not very many teams even bother picking an agressive trilane anymore.

On another note, the compendium prize pool is already up to 600k bonus, 3rd goal was reached. That's pretty fucking fast.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Brace for the Pudge Arcana, but it would be nice if somebody else got it.

TBH I think they will hit 4M pretty easily

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
Trilanes have been extremely "fluid" though lately. Generally you start with the trilane and if it's not contested, one support goes in the jungle doing random shit and other harass, then gank and so on and often the carry ends up 1vs1 from 5mins on which is fine due to the level and early item advantage over the offlaner. Like it's not like the pre jungle nerf trilane where the 2 supports would just spend all the laning stacking and double pulling shit and they could get perfectly fine xp and gold off that alone so ganks were fairly minimal. Hell a good amount of the game it seems one support actually just goes and sit mid behind the mid to gank/protect from ganks and it becomes 1-2-2 or even 0-2-1 with offlaner in jungle. The days of tri vs tri every game are pretty much over, not very many teams even bother picking an agressive trilane anymore.

On another note, the compendium prize pool is already up to 600k bonus, 3rd goal was reached. That's pretty fucking fast.
Position 4 became a lot bigger after the jungle nerf. The trilane, as it exists now, is to make sure no shenanigans happen to the carry while still rotating mid/making the most of a jungle. Even with the fluidity, it is still a trilane, but aggressive trilanes are on the outs.

tl;dr, I agree with you.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
people are insane man, this guy says he's dropped $400 on points already:

VSPWNDu.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, if you bought compendium last year, you can make double/tripple the money if you have the immortal item chest unopened. Throw in the battle point booster with item drops and it's not as crazy as it seems, as long as you would have spent the money on steam anyway. I think level 100 is the sweet spot, if you look at all the rewards and challenges, I think you can hit that just by playing for 2 months, but some people are a bit impatient I guess.

Goal #5 reached.

Cybsled

Even though the Black Death set is more or less a Pudge arcana already, he will probably win in voting ;/

I'm sad there is no "vote for the next hero" tier. Valve, why do you hate Techies so much???

Cybsled

Well, there is always an initial rush due to compendium purchases from everyone. It will slow down a lot over the next couple days, although the "point buy" thing will ensure the prize pot keeps growing at a steadier pace than the original compendium (since points can grab you rewards and a higher level book = more rewards).

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
wtf happened to venomancer. veno was like in every game in 6.79(i think thats what patch it was). Haven't seen veno picked or banned in months and i don't remember him getting any nerfs.