DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well Blizzard has been attempting that with SC2 arcade for quite a while, I hope that Dota 2 has the critical mass to make it work.

I'm just waiting until somebody remakes LoL in Dota 2 engine...

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Blizzard screwed the pooch with all their rules because of fear that a "game" would be created as popular as Dota that they couldn't monetize because their tools were used. We saw tower defense and defense of the ancients both gain their start in the custom map side of blizzards RTS games. Instead of giving SC2 an ecosystem of non-traditional players that was healthy they drove off creative prospects, made their own "dota" map and called it a new game. Its hard to make a comparison of what Dota 2's custom map environment will be like and what SC2's is - because it isn't what the broodwar/war3 custom map community was like. Valve doesn't seem like the paranoid type and would rather have millions of more players logging into the dota 2 client playing anything at all rather than nothing, they must log into steam and will probably spend money at some point.

Elerion

N00b
Custom maps will be even bigger for Dota 2 than SC/WC3, not counting Dota itself. The playerbase is much larger than WC3's, and the existing graphics community is massive. All it needs is the same accessibility as WC3's map editor had, and the same monetization options for modders as the modelling has.

I don't think we'll see a new break-out mod like AoS/Dota or TD (as a concept), though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well Blizzard has been attempting that with SC2 arcade for quite a while, I hope that Dota 2 has the critical mass to make it work.

I'm just waiting until somebody remakes LoL in Dota 2 engine...
Personally looking forward to WC3 story campaign being ported. But yeah I think LoL port is gonna be obvious, just for fun and also because well they can do a lot of interesting stuff with it.

Custom games are coming, but then again they were coming last TI. Hopefully by now shit's almost done for a post TI release, would be a nice way to ride the hype following the event which will probably make some noise even outside of dota itself due to the retarded numbers, if like the week after they start spamming gaming news website with custom game modes shit, a lot of people might check it out.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Custom maps will be even bigger for Dota 2 than SC/WC3, not counting Dota itself. The playerbase is much larger than WC3's, and the existing graphics community is massive. All it needs is the same accessibility as WC3's map editor had, and the same monetization options for modders as the modelling has.

I don't think we'll see a new break-out mod like AoS/Dota or TD (as a concept), though.
I actually have a really cool idea I want to try when this shit is released... it's gonna be the next big thing (most likely not)!

Hey-o. I'm missing 1-2 players from completing a bunch of TI2 teams. Does anyone have any left over 2013 cards for trade?

PM or Steam ID is Yugamic (Damnit).

Looking for:
Ferrari_430
YYF
Faith
Banana
Admiral Bulldog
Era
Fluffnstuff
Bulba
Puppey
iceiceice
Crazy
Illdan
Fogged
rOtk
Winter
Dabeliuteef
Black^
Qoqva
DDC
Sylar
Funzii
Luo

Cybsled

I still need ixmike and DDC. I have 1437, Ars-Art, Ice, Icy, notail, sag, super, yao, and yyf.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have the following:
AdmiralBulldog
Aui_2000
Bulba
Faith
Fata
Fly
H4nn1
Illidian
Kabu
Korok
Ling
N0tail
Puppey
sneyking
Sockshka
syndereN
Winter
Xboct
xFreedom
xy

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
i have loads of TI3 cards, actually just used a bunch up as offerings yesterday lol.. Message me, in game name = Ossoi

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Personally looking forward to WC3 story campaign being ported. But yeah I think LoL port is gonna be obvious, just for fun and also because well they can do a lot of interesting stuff with it.

Custom games are coming, but then again they were coming last TI. Hopefully by now shit's almost done for a post TI release, would be a nice way to ride the hype following the event which will probably make some noise even outside of dota itself due to the retarded numbers, if like the week after they start spamming gaming news website with custom game modes shit, a lot of people might check it out.
Custom games might be coming but I highly doubt Riot and/or Blizzard would be keen on blatant copyright infringement baked into the DOTA2 client.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They keep getting outdrafted, it's like the only strat Mouz/Dog has been playing since they started - very active, but ultimately can be splitpushed to death, once they can't gank with just 4.