DOTA 2

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Excellent, sending an invite message on Steam, Valos! I live in NY and will try Euro servers, thanks again =D

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Aye, very strange spikes on both the steam games I play. CS:GO and Dota. Had some solid matches last night, couple of wins with Omniknight and one with Legion Commander. Damn I dig her ultimate...makes me feel like a 10 year old again playing a MTG ante game for a Shivan Dragon~

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
quick question about starting items. I've seen people go ring of protection on carries over a stout shield and i'm curious as to when thats more beneficial? is the armor better against other melee heroes then a shield or what else am i missing about armor over block chance?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
quick question about starting items. I've seen people go ring of protection on carries over a stout shield and i'm curious as to when thats more beneficial? is the armor better against other melee heroes then a shield or what else am i missing about armor over block chance?
Well first obviously, it's better if the hero is ranged. Stout shield is garbage on ranged(or all block really). Second part is the ring builds into useful stuff. Namely, basilius into possibly aquila and tranq boots, or mek if you play a mek carrier. On the exact numbers, it depends on your starting armor really and also on randomness. Stout can be really good or really bad depending on how much it blocks, armor doesn't vary.

People like it mostly because of the buildup, and it's cheap as shit nowadays since it was buffed like last patch or whatever.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Something Pyros didn't mention, if your hero is an agility hero then you might grab the shield to build into a Poor Man's Shield.

Prime_sl

shitlord
God those casters suck balls.

MAG YOU MADE A MISTAKE! uh bro 5 man mid with drow/vs > DP.

Hard to watch games without Tier 1 casters.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's not just drow/vs, though the auras help a lot, focus fire windrunner shreds buildings at a retarded pace nowadays. She easily kills a single building like the throne faster than death prophet can, though she's not as good at switching targets unless agh and even then it's not optimal due to cd. I think VP was really surprised by that+drow killing speed, cause they didn't buy back until both their towers were down cause when they enter the base they have like 10-15secs on rez and they're like "it's fine just delay and... where the fuck is our base" then panic buyback and see the throne melt.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Na'vi is fucking horrible now. 1st pick Venge 2nd pick Puck forVP.polar and they dont ban Drow, get stomped as funn1k plays a no spiderling Brood build? That was painful to watch

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, it's pretty obvious that VP/VP.P are the top dogs of the CIS scene right now, but they still get stomped when they run into a t1 team in a longer series.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure why you say that, giving him 52 attack damage to start the laning phase just makes him able to be used more vs the shit tier 46 base he had prior. What aspect of his kit do you really think puts him up for a nerf.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't think he'll be allowed to continue in his current form, which makes leveling his non ult abilities unnecessary

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Back in DoTA1 I built him as crit/stats/omni in pubs and ring of health first. Might be good for some lols.

I was kinda hoping for more of a jugger rework on his healing totem abil and better late game potential.