DOTA 2

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ossoi - Matches - DOTABUFF - Dota 2 Stats

Admittedly it's only the 3k bracket but I have 24 wins and 5 losses with Juggernaut since I started using stats/attack speed build. One of those defeats was due to a shaman that deliberately fed, and another we had an abandon. The build is basically free MMR at this point and I've gone from hovering around 2.9-3k to 3.3k.

I think Icefrog will nerf being able to auto attack between omnislash attacks

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
laning, if you have a competent team - e.g no junglers that only pve for 20 minutes, then you can end the games in 30-35 minutes.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Bulldog did a commentary on the ti3 finals hereTwitchstarts at 8:08 fascinating look at the games even if you're not an Alliance fan. Also H4nn1 is looking into possibly putting together a team with fly weehaa (not sure who that is but apparently an arteezy style player) xcalibur fly/simbaaaa and pld. Outside of xcalibur i like the look of that team but nothings set in stone. Only thing i don't like about this at all is it further lends credence to n0tail going to c9. as an aside i think i spend to much time on reddit.....

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Ossoi - Matches - DOTABUFF - Dota 2 Stats

Admittedly it's only the 3k bracket but I have 24 wins and 5 losses with Juggernaut since I started using stats/attack speed build. One of those defeats was due to a shaman that deliberately fed, and another we had an abandon. The build is basically free MMR at this point and I've gone from hovering around 2.9-3k to 3.3k.

I think Icefrog will nerf being able to auto attack between omnislash attacks
So instead of being convinced its juggernaut buffs that are winning you games. Did you ever think its the fact that you have played jug (123/920) more than any other hero in your profile - so you use him more effectively than other choices? I really like juggernaut myself, but the thing holding him back was his base damage. Being able to right click during omnislash is a very minescule edge case that perhaps gives jugg some super situational advantage over some mega health carry. His ult will kill most players if caught solo if you have the level 3 ult and aghs without being able to attack inside the ult already.

You probably make far superior play choices on jug. Playing the hero that you play best over and over and over is the most sure fire way to increase your mmr. He is definitely much more viable, especially 1v1 with the bonus damage he can compete for those early last hits while still grabing some extra regen for the lane early. No Quelling/early stats just to hit 50 attack damage.

Prime_sl

shitlord
Still cant believe Secret got rid of n0tail. There has to be some drama or something there, he was playing extremely well and seemed like he fit their team chemistry really well. Secret was an easy team to root for since they had Puppy, Kuro, and N0tail who are my favorite players outside of Dendi. Now it is going to be hard to root for them since I am not a big RTZ fan.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So instead of being convinced its juggernaut buffs that are winning you games. Did you ever think its the fact that you have played jug (123/920) more than any other hero in your profile - so you use him more effectively than other choices? I really like juggernaut myself, but the thing holding him back was his base damage. Being able to right click during omnislash is a very minescule edge case that perhaps gives jugg some super situational advantage over some mega health carry. His ult will kill most players if caught solo if you have the level 3 ult and aghs without being able to attack inside the ult already.

You probably make far superior play choices on jug. Playing the hero that you play best over and over and over is the most sure fire way to increase your mmr. He is definitely much more viable, especially 1v1 with the bonus damage he can compete for those early last hits while still grabing some extra regen for the lane early. No Quelling/early stats just to hit 50 attack damage.
I have not said that it is the Jugg buffs that are responsible for winning games. I am saying that levelling is stats over his regular abilities and maxing attack speed is a ridiculously strong build.

And I had a decent win rate with him before I started using this build. He was a hero that I used to climb MMR, but that climb was still inconsistent progress...I could easily win a few in succession as well as lose a few in succession.

Since adopting that build my win rate has rocketed, and apparently this build is popular at higher MMR brackets. Supposedly Kurokky used it vs Navi, but I haven't watched that game so don't know how well he did.

Why don't you try it for yourself?

Regarding nerfs - I don't think a situation where it's better to level stats over abilities is intended

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well for stats to be worth it over leveling crit, you'd need some math. It'd pretty much never be worth it over ward. I could see it be worth it versus spin fairly easily as spin damage is only relevant for a very short period of time and if you're not actively trying to get kills, it's not even relevant during that period of time. So depending on how it falls against crit leveling, I could see it as being the valid choice against 1-2skills, but ward is just too good to not level.

As for intended, some heroes during dota history have had stats being better than one, or more skills. Medusa used to get stats for several levels(and maybe still does I don't really know nowadays). Naga also did that at times. Morph iirc used to only get 1pt in morph until stats were added to it. Many supports completely skip one skill in favor of stats(for example both now and in the past, AA, CM, Lion, WD, Rubick, Veno, Ogre etc). Wouldn't call it unitended, though it's fairly rare to skip 2 skills instead of just one.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Well for stats to be worth it over leveling crit, you'd need some math. It'd pretty much never be worth it over ward. I could see it be worth it versus spin fairly easily as spin damage is only relevant for a very short period of time and if you're not actively trying to get kills, it's not even relevant during that period of time. So depending on how it falls against crit leveling, I could see it as being the valid choice against 1-2skills, but ward is just too good to not level.
1 point in Spin for the magic immunity
1 point in Crit
1 point in healing ward for lane regen

Phase - Mask of Madness - Maelstrom - Mjollnir

By the time you have the MOM, the extra attack speed from the stats and the lifesteal are enough to keep him alive. By the time you reach the team fight stage you should have at least the Maelstrom. At this point you can put an extra point or two into ward for the teamfights

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
MoM build might work in a 3k game but you'll just get blown up most of the time. The most effective I've seen the hero is in the offlane... get phase/drums and max healing ward then just push towers with your team.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
well try it and see. I learnt about on a reddit thread from some guy that said high MMR players were all doing it in China. We'll see how far I can climb with the build.

You activate the MOM during omnislash, obviously activating it whilst meleeing your opponents carry isn't smart.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they are doing it in China they are probably using it to farm more effectively.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If they are doing it in China they are probably using it to farm more effectively.
It's a useful item to increase damage during ult and to increase farm, has to be used smartly but well that's the item really. Jugger benefits from being invuln during ult and magic immune during spin so you can mitigate the downside a bit.

I could see not leveling ward right away since stats would benefit you a bit more early on, although I'd definitely max it before late game, the ward is just very very good at teamfights and pushing after teamfights. Would probably take it at 9 10 and 12 or something like that.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
ESEX Dota 2 Awards 2014 | Esports Express

The "Rate Your Enjoyment" Award for Best Vote

Winner: Cloud9 Summit Redemption

Cloud9 won the Summit 2 redemption vote, allowing them to not only break their run of second place finishes but also attend the tournament, where they went on to lose to Vici Gaming in the finals. No Chinese team was able to crack the top four in the poll, showing that Chinese people in general a) aren't used to voting for stuff and b) prefer to actually win tournaments like the Summit 2 and TI4 instead of popularity contests.
The burns

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You mean the unbeatable one or the beatable one ?
biggrin.png

The slark refresher sealed the game imo, I thought he would run for abyssal, but thanks to that and bkb, he was able to disengage from anything, because if he died a few times instead, CDEC could get back into the game.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You mean the unbeatable one or the beatable one ?
biggrin.png

The slark refresher sealed the game imo, I thought he would run for abyssal, but thanks to that and bkb, he was able to disengage from anything, because if he died a few times instead, CDEC could get back into the game.
There was a soccer game on so I only caught the last 20mins or so. Jugg definitely put stats ahead of maxing out spin/ward, his itemisation was strange though. I think the blink is a waste of a slot, better items instead of the manta, no Aghs and he kept wasting his ult by going on Slark

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
There was a soccer game on so I only caught the last 20mins or so. Jugg definitely put stats ahead of maxing out spin/ward, his itemisation was strange though. I think the blink is a waste of a slot, better items instead of the manta, no Aghs and he kept wasting his ult by going on Slark
He needed blink or bkb, because otherwise he gets instahexed or sheeped every single time and you can blink away at the end of omni if the fight isn't going well, or jump from the original target to a support. They picked around him a lot though, space cow is one of his best counters thanks to bashes going through immunity and the aura letting people just run away, AA to fight the healing ward, instant silences (that's what the manta was for I assume) and slark's ulti. He didn't get agh because there would be no point, he couldn't kill anybody with omni once they started picking up ghost scepters and eth blades.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
He needed blink or bkb, because otherwise he gets instahexed or sheeped every single time and you can blink away at the end of omni if the fight isn't going well, or jump from the original target to a support. They picked around him a lot though, space cow is one of his best counters thanks to bashes going through immunity and the aura letting people just run away, AA to fight the healing ward, instant silences (that's what the manta was for I assume) and slark's ulti. He didn't get agh because there would be no point, he couldn't kill anybody with omni once they started picking up ghost scepters and eth blades.
Could have gone diffusal but I guess that's what you get when you first pick him!