Dota Underlords

Delly

Trakanon Raider
June 25, 2019 Update - BALANCE UPDATE
renderTimingPixel.png

Patch Notes
  • Adjustment to the game board: Lighting and Shadow intensity tweaks.
  • Sounds from combat occurring on other player's boards can now be heard from yours.
  • New opponent selection logic: This addresses the community feedback of fighting the same opponents over and over.
  • PC/Mobile: Many performance optimizations.
  • Mobile: Fixed storage space calculation when downloading content.
  • Fixed unit stats not reflecting all items and equipment when querying before combat started.
  • Fixed friendly AI not casting spells after Pudge hooked an enemy.
  • Troll Global Item (Coordinated Assault): Now stacks.
  • AI will now cast spells on the ground under a target instead of on the target's location. Fixes floating Spells if the target happened to be flying through the air.
  • Dragon Alliance: Now requires 2 units.
  • Dragon Alliance: Now Unlocks an additional ability for each member of the Alliance.
  • Dragon Knight: Breathe Fire is now his base ability.
  • Dragon Knight: Dragon Alliance now unlocks Dragon Form.
  • Dragon Knight: Hit Points increased to 1000/2000/4000.
  • Dragon Knight: Gained +10 Health Regeneration.
  • Puck: Dragon Alliance now unlocks Phase Shift.
  • Viper: Dragon Alliance now unlocks Corrosive Skin.
  • Pocket Sand: Now also slows mana gained on receiving damage by 50%.
  • Pocket Sand: Will debuff a random enemy unit within 2 cells if no units are within 1 cell of the assassin landing.
  • Keeper of the Light: Illuminate now costs 150 mana.
  • Keeper of the Light: Health decreased to 550/1100/2200.
  • Desperate Measure: Now also increases mana gained on receving/dealing damage by the same amount as attack damage.
  • Wicked Intent: Now also blocks HP regen.
  • Scrappy Alliance: Now provides 8 armor and 9 health regeneration. It provides double that amount if your starting army is smaller in size than your opponent's.
  • Knight Alliance: Now gives a constant 15/25/35% damage reduction and an additional 20/25/30% when next to another knight.
  • Chaos Knight: Damage Increased from [40-110, 80-220, 160-440] to [55-135, 110-240, 200-480].
  • Boots of Speed: Now Tranquil Boots. Passive +16 health regen and 100% bonus move speed.
  • New Item - Pipe of Insight: +50% Magic Resistance. Once the first enemy has 100% mana, apply a shield that - blocks 400 magic damage to allies up to 1 cell away. (once per battle)
  • Mobile: Fixed 'Australia' mode - Some Android devices rendered the game upside down, and that has been fixed.
Some interesting changes for dragons. Also some balance changes and a new item. Boots aren't complete shit anymore. Seems the meta is gonna move to dragon/knights, dragon/mages, or maybe dragon/assassins.

They updated the way the game select your opponents as well which I know was asked here. You should be less likely to fight the same opponents repeatedly. Hopefully it'll work out well.

Edit: Might not be out yet.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brand

Molten Core Raider
June 25, 2019 Update - BALANCE UPDATE
renderTimingPixel.png

Patch Notes
  • Adjustment to the game board: Lighting and Shadow intensity tweaks.
  • Sounds from combat occurring on other player's boards can now be heard from yours.
  • New opponent selection logic: This addresses the community feedback of fighting the same opponents over and over.
  • PC/Mobile: Many performance optimizations.
  • Mobile: Fixed storage space calculation when downloading content.
  • Fixed unit stats not reflecting all items and equipment when querying before combat started.
  • Fixed friendly AI not casting spells after Pudge hooked an enemy.
  • Troll Global Item (Coordinated Assault): Now stacks.
  • AI will now cast spells on the ground under a target instead of on the target's location. Fixes floating Spells if the target happened to be flying through the air.
  • Dragon Alliance: Now requires 2 units.
  • Dragon Alliance: Now Unlocks an additional ability for each member of the Alliance.
  • Dragon Knight: Breathe Fire is now his base ability.
  • Dragon Knight: Dragon Alliance now unlocks Dragon Form.
  • Dragon Knight: Hit Points increased to 1000/2000/4000.
  • Dragon Knight: Gained +10 Health Regeneration.
  • Puck: Dragon Alliance now unlocks Phase Shift.
  • Viper: Dragon Alliance now unlocks Corrosive Skin.
  • Pocket Sand: Now also slows mana gained on receiving damage by 50%.
  • Pocket Sand: Will debuff a random enemy unit within 2 cells if no units are within 1 cell of the assassin landing.
  • Keeper of the Light: Illuminate now costs 150 mana.
  • Keeper of the Light: Health decreased to 550/1100/2200.
  • Desperate Measure: Now also increases mana gained on receving/dealing damage by the same amount as attack damage.
  • Wicked Intent: Now also blocks HP regen.
  • Scrappy Alliance: Now provides 8 armor and 9 health regeneration. It provides double that amount if your starting army is smaller in size than your opponent's.
  • Knight Alliance: Now gives a constant 15/25/35% damage reduction and an additional 20/25/30% when next to another knight.
  • Chaos Knight: Damage Increased from [40-110, 80-220, 160-440] to [55-135, 110-240, 200-480].
  • Boots of Speed: Now Tranquil Boots. Passive +16 health regen and 100% bonus move speed.
  • New Item - Pipe of Insight: +50% Magic Resistance. Once the first enemy has 100% mana, apply a shield that - blocks 400 magic damage to allies up to 1 cell away. (once per battle)
  • Mobile: Fixed 'Australia' mode - Some Android devices rendered the game upside down, and that has been fixed.
Some interesting changes for dragons. Also some balance changes and a new item. Boots aren't complete shit anymore. Seems the meta is gonna move to dragon/knights, dragon/mages, or maybe dragon/assassins.

They updated the way the game select your opponents as well which I know was asked here. You should be less likely to fight the same opponents repeatedly. Hopefully it'll work out well.

Edit: Might not be out yet.
Pipe was really needed.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Is the patch actually live? I just played a game and it didn't seem like these changes were implemented.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I am having fun with this, randomly running into this "AutoChess" genre. Seems like there are a handful of these coming out now.

Appears to be a pretty good foundation if they can keep tweaking it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
First place due to perfect RNG, got a three star super early and just lucked into six archer team by round 15. Knight teams are rough to counter now.

0C97B0D5-156E-41A5-8E80-8ADA05467549.jpeg

5DFF2A6E-D914-43E1-9A82-3837AE4088EF.png

faille

Molten Core Raider
I find a 9 elusive team to be pretty unstoppable. Takes a while to get up there, so the early rounds can be rough but onces you go them you just smash everything, with most or your team alive for maximum health loss.

And if you get elusive targets on top, then it's no competition.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It seems like they overbuffed knights. Shit is stupid strong now and almost impossible to counter, especially if they get lucky with double 3 star omni-knight.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like the silence mechanic may be too strong given that some heroes are entirely reliant on spells to do damage. The disarm could be similar but primordial synergy seems far less common than a couple humans in a lineup.

I've won with 9 warriors, 6 mages and 9 assassins. The mages was the hardest, I lost a lot of rounds and was near the bottom until something made my power spike (not sure if it was a levelling up a hero or hitting 6 mages) and never lost another round.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah knights are broken, all top 4 teams were going knights. I edged out the win because I understand the value of troll warlord and had better items.

3375D984-0413-416A-AB3D-650D8AF6E566.png

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Knights are good for sure, but troll warlord is insane, especially if you get him a decent attack item.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yup, knights are seriously busted. Pretty much everyone is using some sort of Knights strat. I really hope this isn't an indicator of future balance..

Delly

Trakanon Raider
The thing is, most of the 6+ alliance buffs are great. 9 elusive can be crazy, 9 mages, 6 knights, etc.

If you're able to get a full buff like that its going to be hard to lose.

Except assassins, rip asses.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Knights are good for sure, but troll warlord is insane, especially if you get him a decent attack item.

Yeah he had the +dmg and stun chance then the +80% attack speed. I got to round 41 and killed every neutral encounter mostly with 1 and 2 stars and no 3 stars is telling, you can't get to round 40 and win with any other stack of two stars. I am out until next major patch.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Just had a game where I didn't lose a single fight. Forgot to take a picture though. 6 knights, 2 undead, 2 druid, 3 elusive, 2 dragon, 1 demon. EZ game.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is there a trick to getting the right units, or is it seriously just RNG? My early-mid game is fucking stellar. I'm always top 2 heading into rounds 23+. But, all of a sudden my opponents show up with like 4 3 stars and I'm struggling to get my first. Happens literally 9 games out of 10.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Are you saving gold to gain interest? Being able to reroll in the late game is pretty key to getting the right units. There is a fine line of rerolling early/mid game and saving for late.

Not only that but some builds are just better than others. A warrior build will dominate early but not do as well late.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a trick to getting the right units, or is it seriously just RNG? My early-mid game is fucking stellar. I'm always top 2 heading into rounds 23+. But, all of a sudden my opponents show up with like 4 3 stars and I'm struggling to get my first. Happens literally 9 games out of 10.

That's your "good" enemies playing the hoard gold-losing streak-interest game, you tank early and build excess gold then blow it all leveling up whatever you roll traditionally.

I usually see if i start winning or losing, get some lucky units or not, then dive into a losing/winning streak until it breaks then i try to go the opposite way or blow all my gold.

I'm sure most on here are better than I am though.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
My first and currently only 100 health win. Can see my synergies on the right.