Downsizing (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Fucking imagine snakes, hawks, feral dogs and cats, and larger varieties of spiders when you're this size. Really hope there's a scene of someone getting eaten in this movie.

Brad2770

If this were real, could you imagine the men going through this process to fulfill their giantess fetish?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
Saw this today. Not really a comedy and the trailers, while not totally misleading, don't really show what the movie is about. The first half is pretty interesting and they set up a number of different issues they could explore but then ignore them all and follow one that's almost unrelated and largely irrelevant to the premise.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
pretty wrecked on RT, 25% audience score (the only score I pay attention to)

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dont make the mistake and watch this pile of shit, Its not a comedy. A good part of the movie is self righteous Matt Damon saving a vietnamese woman and americans are mostly selfish.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Dont make the mistake and watch this pile of shit, Its not a comedy. A good part of the movie is self righteous Matt Damon saving a vietnamese woman and americans are mostly selfish.

Made this mistake. God this could have been a classic movie if it would have been the fairly serious 'set in reality' type movie about this shrinking thing with the same wife not doing it mechanic, but after that have him deal with the world trying to get his wife back as a little person, like leaving the tiny community and making his way in the world to get back to his wife. Ugh.

This was like watching the OA (netflix show). First quarter of it was fucking awesome then it just got all weird and gay.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Had issues finding a good copy of this. Finally did and wish I hadn't.

First 30-45 minutes were really cool. Super awesome idea, and then they just abandoned it. They literally forgot they were talking about tiny people and just went off on some stupid bullshit about...I'm not even sure. I completely lost interest once the Vietnamese woman was introduced. Holy shit, I'm not normally one to talk about racist stereotypes, but that was an incredibly poorly done Vietnamese woman. Like, super offensive. Had it been comedic I might judge it differently, but as it was, it was horrific. But the whole "poverty" storyline makes almost no sense when you're talking about how the entire premise is sold on it being an expensive procedure, and then the assets you have (something poor people don't have) becoming exponentially bigger.

I really wish the movie had been 2 hours of exploring the tiny shit. Instead I feel like I was being preached to about how I'm a shitty person or something.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, first act is fucking great, and everything you hoped it would be. I couldn't care less about all the Swedish stuff, and the Vietnamese accent was just too much.

That said, I tend to put it on for at least that first 1/3 a couple times a month and leave it playing through the rest as I do other things.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I enjoyed the first 1/3 a lot but it really gets a bit hard to watch when they start doing the sweden stuff and the vietnameses "love interest" is kinda grating. The first part makes some sense where basically they are in sealed environments but the stuff once they are on the boat and in the swedish colony seem insane. They talk about mosquitos not going out near the water but neglect things like OWLS and other night hunting predators would find 6 inch humans really god damn tasty snacks. That is my biggest part of the problem with the concept is it knocks humans REALLY far down the food chain and a lot of things that are mild annoyances are now incredibly deadly threats. You would pretty much need to be armed 24/7 and ready to shoot any spider or other predatory insect or lizard that sneaks in and they WILL sneak in.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Had issues finding a good copy of this. Finally did and wish I hadn't.

First 30-45 minutes were really cool. Super awesome idea, and then they just abandoned it. They literally forgot they were talking about tiny people and just went off on some stupid bullshit about...I'm not even sure. I completely lost interest once the Vietnamese woman was introduced. Holy shit, I'm not normally one to talk about racist stereotypes, but that was an incredibly poorly done Vietnamese woman. Like, super offensive. Had it been comedic I might judge it differently, but as it was, it was horrific. But the whole "poverty" storyline makes almost no sense when you're talking about how the entire premise is sold on it being an expensive procedure, and then the assets you have (something poor people don't have) becoming exponentially bigger.

I really wish the movie had been 2 hours of exploring the tiny shit. Instead I feel like I was being preached to about how I'm a shitty person or something.
i only youtubed some clips of the vietcong girl (cuz i'm not going to watch this shit movie)

And i'm sure she doesn't want to admit it, but she probably went into the casting call and the director was like

"that was good, but can you do it more ASIAN"

cuz this is what she sounds like w/o the over exaggeration

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My wife and I just watched this. The movie started off decently. I enjoyed the premise. Hell, I was even along for the ride until the end, but then... what the fuck? What was the point of this movie? I could create a similar experience showing a car drive along a road for 30 seconds, then continue on into the distance.

Why? I'm kind of angry at how shitty the end of this trash was. Vietnamese chick was super Asiany. I kept joking with my wife that she needs to do some bullshit accent like that for the lols. We're both annoyed that we wasted 2 hours and 15 minutes on this shit.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Terrible movie, the whole time I was thinking - what happens when one of these guys gets hit with a piece of hail? What happens when a bird lands in the middle of their town and starts eating them? What happens when a bunch of ants decide to march through there and grab some food? THAT is the movie that I wanted to see.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
My wife and I just watched this. The movie started off decently. I enjoyed the premise. Hell, I was even along for the ride until the end, but then... what the fuck? What was the point of this movie? I could create a similar experience showing a car drive along a road for 30 seconds, then continue on into the distance.

Why? I'm kind of angry at how shitty the end of this trash was. Vietnamese chick was super Asiany. I kept joking with my wife that she needs to do some bullshit accent like that for the lols. We're both annoyed that we wasted 2 hours and 15 minutes on this shit.
did you see the vid i linked? she's a cali girl, they do this to ALL asians

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Yeah, her asiany voice was pretty cringe. She should loose her leg IRL as a result.
lulz why you so mad about it more than me? this is what asians in hollywood have to do to get a job.

it's probably the same thing when a black guy comes in for casting and they say "can you be more... urban"???

or an indian comes in and they be like "get this fuck a tomahawk!!!"

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm not mad at her. I just didn't like the choice she made. And losing her leg would have been an evil yet satisfying solution to that.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah this is a terrible movie. Absolutely unlikable main character. This should have been a comedy, but it's a drama and it's kind of depressing.