Dr. Mario's Retard Rehabilitation Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I played poker tonight with about 4 people i didn't know and 3 loose acquaintances at one of their houses and was super fucking anxious about going. Historically I'd go and black out and smash up the place but now I'm just worried about... nothing? Social anxiety or something, everything turned out fine but I don't know what the fuck is up with my adult socialization skills.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I played poker tonight with about 4 people i didn't know and 3 loose acquaintances at one of their houses and was super fucking anxious about going. Historically I'd go and black out and smash up the place but now I'm just worried about... nothing? Social anxiety or something, everything turned out fine but I don't know what the fuck is up with my adult socialization skills.
I'm like this as well. I feel like I get worse and worse as I get older. I'm not sure I would call it social anxiety, as I'm not really anxious; I just don't want to socialize with very many people any more. I was invited to my boss's fiance(my boss is a chick) bachelor party. It's in 3 weeks and I'm obsessing over ways to get out of it other than saying "I don't want to go to your bachelor party".

Who the fuck invites people who aren't even remotely close friends to a bachelor party?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm like this as well. I feel like I get worse and worse as I get older. I'm not sure I would call it social anxiety, as I'm not really anxious; I just don't want to socialize with very many people any more. I was invited to my boss's fiance(my boss is a chick) bachelor party. It's in 3 weeks and I'm obsessing over ways to get out of it other than saying "I don't want to go to your bachelor party".

Who the fuck invites people who aren't even remotely close friends to a bachelor party?
She just wants to make sure there's someone else there besides her fiance to take shots out of the prostitute's bhole

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
She just wants to make sure there's someone else there besides her fiance to take shots out of the prostitute's bhole
She either thinks he'lll narc on her fiance if he does anything stupid or her fiance may be playing up his friendship while he does other things.

I had fake friends that I would hang out when I was doing extracurricular in my youth, People I never really talked too and if my girl was sending out invites she 100% would of thought they should be invited.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I think it's mainly because she(my boss) invited my girlfriend to her bachelorette party and felt like they were obligated to then invite me to the bachelor party. Once I'm liquored up, I'm sure I'll enjoy myself, but I have 0 interest in hanging out with these people outside of work-related social functions.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

The older you get the more you realize people suck, and those that don't suck don't have much to say that interests you. Therefore, an evening on the couch watching John Wick for the 4th time or firing up Bloodbourne becomes eminently preferable.

/waves old man cane menacingly.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I think it's mainly because she(my boss) invited my girlfriend to her bachelorette party and felt like they were obligated to then invite me to the bachelor party. Once I'm liquored up, I'm sure I'll enjoy myself, but I have 0 interest in hanging out with these people outside of work-related social functions.
How can that possibly end well for you? Either she can milk you for details on what happened or shit goes sideways with her fiance and everytime she's asked to comment on your performance review she can't help but remember how you were feeding the cat at his bachelor party.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
How can that possibly end well for you? Either she can milk you for details on what happened or shit goes sideways with her fiance and everytime she's asked to comment on your performance review she can't help but remember how you were feeding the cat at his bachelor party.
It's most definitely not some spy mission, trust me. Even if it were, I would happily report we all had a great time at Chuck E. Cheese.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
chuckecheesepervert.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
For me it's more the hassle of having to put on pants. When I go out I usually have a fine time. But when I stay home and play with my Emily I have a GREAT time.

Status
Not open for further replies.