Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It does seriously worry me about the fracturing of the community right now. People clearly aren't sure where to post right now, as there is activity on both boards. Unless there is a clear decision made, it is going to fuck the community as a whole.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The irony being there will be less moderation over there than here, if anything.
That's what they DON'T want. They WANT the fucking nazi tone-policing and activist mods sniping anyone who utter those hurty words that microagress them. How can they have safe spaces if nobody is out there policing all the people who won't sacrifice their free expression at the altar of FALSE CIVILITY.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Been reading/thinking on this tonight and starting to warm to the newer site, but still in wait-and-see mode. Other forum desperately needs to change theme, makes my head hurt atm.

Main thing changing my mind is I really don't like the idea of a big organization controlling this community.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's what they DON'T want. They WANT the fucking nazi tone-policing and activist mods sniping anyone who utter those hurty words that microagress them. How can they have safe spaces if nobody is out there policing all the people who won't sacrifice their free expression at the altar of FALSE CIVILITY.
When there is any evidence that they care or want this, I'll move to Re2.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You mean besides all the evidence from the sites they currently run?

Anyway, Fawe, don't worry bro. It'll work itself out in the end.

Its a good thing.

Also Khorum was talking about users like Itzena and Tanoomba, not the new owners.

Inque

FunEmployed
No excuses, this should have been made public. It's a massive shift in what we may or may not even be permitted to post or what's going to be moderated (or lack thereof). Time to rebuild (again).

khorum

Murder Apologist
Tuco, there's a gif of a post-op tranny squirting assjuice into his boyfriend's tits on this forum right now. If you can tell us that you think MMORPG.COM will let that shit slide then folks will be confronted with an abrupt reassessment of your sincerity.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
If they care so little about this forum, then whats to stop them from deciding its just a waste of time/resources and decide to just shut it down/merge it with their other crap sites without any warning?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Tuco, you're wearing wishful thinking glasses right now.

Its okay.

Most of us have decided incompetence over malice in your role in this thus far.

You don't have to play Uncle Tom the House Negro for Massas Craig and Ben any more.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I used to work w/ a few sites, imma tell you rerolled feels like a site that makes bank, from the views.

Oh but you say technology minded individuals such as ourselves can just go "Google ABP".

No, that is never the case for every tech nerd on a site, there are hundreds of clueless lurkers.

Also these ads are served mobile as well, generally harder to block the server ips of the ad serving service, need to jailbreak iphones and you need some weird ass offbrand nonchrome browsers.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If you think because you are a shit poster you will get banned over there don't worry about that.

I have two people ignored on this forum because I despise them so much, Izo and Lendarios. Izo is over there and posting and on ignore and not banned.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thats a big reason to worry, their expectations from this board. if we wanted a popular forum we could have gone to reddit. this is OUR community run by OUR people. they want this forum's traffic to generate clicks for ad revenue. most of us probably have adblock and those who dont wont be enough to make them a profit. they will sell us off or just drop us with maybe a large sign saying "hi guys, we have decided to elminate this board, but you are free to come over to our main site. have a great day!". thats not a possibility. its a inevitability. the possibility is we get neutered, a high probability, but its not 100%.

khorum

Murder Apologist
You should tell them that you're keeping that spineless cuckfaggot Chaos a mod and Szlia and Itzena will be right over toot suite.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Chaos and Noodle are just interim mods till elections.

Mostly because they were the first two mods with experience to register over there.

I'm sure in an election, they'd both win anyway, but its not like he picked Chaos with an agenda besides "Here's two interim mods while I am busy doing the admin work of putting this shit all in place the way we want it."

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
thats a big reason to worry, their expectations from this board. if we wanted a popular forum we could have gone to reddit. this is OUR community run by OUR people. they want this forum's traffic to generate clicks for ad revunue. most of us probably have adblock and those who dont wont be enough to ake them a profit. they will sell us off or just drop us with maybe a large sign saying "hi guys, we have decided to elminate this board, but you are free to come over to our main site. have a great day!". thats not a possibility. its a inevitibilty. the possibility is we get neutered, a high probabilty, but its not 100%.
I would be it's over 100%. You can't have controversial threads like we have and be a large company. Someone will sue you or draw public eye to it eventually, it's a liability.

Them not coming to our boards straight out of the gate and saying things will not change is a pretty big concern to me.

Sulrn

Deuces
If you think because you are a shit poster you will get banned over there don't worry about that.

I have two people ignored on this forum because I despise them so much, Izo and Lendarios. Izo is over there and posting and on ignore and not banned.
While I'm relieved I have the option to continue to post without your approval for some of my habits, my real question is does your site allow me to edit my typos on my phone without switching to Mobile mode like I used to be able to do here prior to two months ago.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
khorum speaks truth.

They fear that their shenanigans won't fly there.

Especially Tanoomba and Column.
Are you serious? I am one of the few who have something to GAIN from the switch-over. If a_skeleton_03 legitimately just wants to let people have their say then I'll be better off there than I was here. FFS, the only way I could call people out on their bullshit here and not get punished for it was if I did it in my Rickshaw thread! I would fucking LOVE to participate in a message board where I won't get shawed for saying things some people disagree with.

I know you're not talking about me. I've been censored WAY more often than I've had "tone-policing" work in my favor. I don't need a safe space. I just need to have my say and not get punished for it because some obnoxious assholes disagree with me.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Has chance to get a new beginning.
Does his best to fuck it up before it even starts
Just Tanoomba things

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Has chance to get a new beginning.
Does his best to fuck it up before it even starts
Just Tanoomba things
What are you even talking about? I made 2 posts on the new board, both praising a_skeleton_03 for his efforts. What the fuck does what I post on a sinking ship have to do with anything?