Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Thought Tyen was just practicing on the forums for his bot army to make money in other ways. So, wasn't directly making money off the forums, just indirectly?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Fact remains that people are actively posting on both forums right now, which is a problem. And it isn't just shitposting over here, the Politics thread in particular is still getting quite a bit of new posts.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Why is that a problem, exactly?

Like 1000 people registered over there, that's most of the core plus lots of the lurkers.

Not sure what the problem is. If this place goes down, everyone knows where to go now.

We've successfully navigated this conundrum such that MMORPG can do whatever they want, and the vast majority of us already know where to go in the event that happens.

But it seems like the majority of the activity is over there, so I think give it time.

Shit will hash out.

The big fear would be this place going tits up without this big push to get everything in place in case that happens.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ReRe needs to fix its website classification. It is listed as "Games" and blocked from work.

FoH and ReRolled have always worked fine. (typing this from work now)

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Seems odd that no rep from MMORPG has said anything if the forum was what they were really after.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Seems odd that no rep from MMORPG has said anything if the forum was what they were really after.
Someday I hope to learn how they feel about Drae selling them a stagnant property, and a nice helping of reduced reputation from one of the oldest mmorpg communities.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It seems to me that everyone should register over there but continue posting here until it starts to suck just so a_skeleton_03 or whoever is paying the bills doesn't rack up unnecessary bandwidth costs. Nothing wrong with MMORPG paying the bills for their site.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
a_skeleton_03 owns it. No one is moderating. It's n-bombs and jew jokes already flying. It'll be 4chan or whatever pretty soon.
It's ok, little buddy. You can continue to shield your eyes from scary words on this forum.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What did the jew say to the mmorpg.com owner?

two more pennies and I'll sell them out without discussion

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Why is that a problem, exactly?

Like 1000 people registered over there, that's most of the core plus lots of the lurkers.

Not sure what the problem is. If this place goes down, everyone knows where to go now.

We've successfully navigated this conundrum such that MMORPG can do whatever they want, and the vast majority of us already know where to go in the event that happens.

But it seems like the majority of the activity is over there, so I think give it time.

Shit will hash out.

The big fear would be this place going tits up without this big push to get everything in place in case that happens.
It's a problem because nobody really knows where "home" is right now. Some people are still on the "wait and see" train, while others are fully on board with dropping this place and moving. I am 100% in agreement with having another site setup and ready to go, but unless everyone jumps all in and moves over there, we are left with a fractured community.

Yes, I realize there are a ton of people already registered. Yes there is a lot of activity over there, but there is still also quite a bit of activity here. I personally would greatly prefer all of the activity be on one site or the other, not split like this.

I guess we just go back and forth between both for now and see what happens.

Cybsled

I'm sticking with this site until it dies or becomes a haven for bots trying to sell drugs and home goods.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It's a problem because nobody really knows where "home" is right now. Some people are still on the "wait and see" train, while others are fully on board with dropping this place and moving. I am 100% in agreement with having another site setup and ready to go, but unless everyone jumps all in and moves over there, we are left with a fractured community.

Yes, I realize there are a ton of people already registered. Yes there is a lot of activity over there, but there is still also quite a bit of activity here. I personally would greatly prefer all of the activity be on one site or the other, not split like this.

I guess we just go back and forth between both for now and see what happens.
I see your point, and the main reason I disagree with it is only because I would define a fractured community differently.

I wouldn't define a community producing content in two places fractured, though I can see why you would.

My definition of fractured would be more like what happened after FOH blew up, where a lot of people got lost/left behind in the transition between Morenetz, and then this place.

As long as we're all in contact, and can communicate freely and no one is lost, or very few and only the most lazy, then I'm okay with two sites until things hash out.

But I dig what you're getting at.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The moderation on the new site is an issue that can be worked out in the near future. Also if you register there for the love of god, use the same user name as here.