Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Hello all,

This is Craig McGregor - one of the owners of MMORPG.com.

We purchased this site a few months back from the previous owners and honestly it was not represented to us very accurately. There was no mention that it was anything other than a "mmo community forum that was centered around an old EQ guild." Had I known what I know now - I never would have purchased it. Our intentions were just to get the page views in our network so that we could include rerolled.org in our banner ad campaigns.

Note however that we have zero intentions of changing the site, the NSFW areas or the moderation rules. This site will not be related to MMORPG.com in any way other than it is owned by the same company.

However, if the community flees to another domain/site then we will probably attempt to salvage the site by making it something else. Again, this would only be if traffic falls to near nothing.

I heard mention from some in here that they would have purchased the site had they known it was for sale. We would probably sell the site now at a loss if anyone is interested in that.

Thank you,
Pretty decent of you. This forum is essentially a hold out of the old internet, none of us thought you'd guys would want it associated with your site, given your more mainstream and accessible forums.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hello all,

We purchased this site a few months back from the previous owners and honestly it was not represented to us very accurately. There was no mention that it was anything other than a "mmo community forum that was centered around an old EQ guild." Had I known what I know now - I never would have purchased it. Our intentions were just to get the page views in our network so that we could include rerolled.org in our banner ad campaigns.

Note however that we have zero intentions of changing the site, the NSFW areas or the moderation rules. This site will not be related to MMORPG.com in any way other than it is owned by the same company.

However, if the community flees to another domain/site then we will probably attempt to salvage the site by making it something else. Again, this would only be if traffic falls to near nothing.

I heard mention from some in here that they would have purchased the site had they known it was for sale. We would probably sell the site now at a loss if anyone is interested in that.

Thank you,
Is anyone else a bit appalled that they'd buy a website without doing any precursory looks into it? Like, who buys a forum without looking at it (and if this is legit him, it means they bought it for the forums and not Junkies bullshit).

It'd be nice if a_skeleton_03 can purchase it (or we pool money to buy it out), and can be back to "Rerolled" instead of "Rererolled." Seems like it'd be the best case scenario.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Do admins have to make 5 posts before they can see screenshots? Because I'm expect the hammer to fall as soon as he gets a good look in there.
No.

Additionally, I explicitly asked them in an email about the volume of tranny dicks in Screenshots and they don't care.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Hello all,

Thank you,
Dear farmer McGregor,

These fields you wished to reap, fields that you did not sow, that you did not cultivate, that you mistakenly took for peaceful and verdant, are in fact a toxic dumping ground.

There is some really nasty shit down here. Screenshots alone is enough to give you eye cancer.

To be honest, you really have stepped in it with this one. Next time, before purchasing a property, regardless of your intent, maybe take a walk around it just to be sure it's what you were expecting.

Such steps could have saved us all a lot of time and effort.

Sincerely,

The Rabbits

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They were probably looking to bolster their own forums, or at least to point other gamers toward this forum. If you are an MMORPG focused site adding an old established forum, even one that was around EQ, is still a good purchase. It just wasn't Draegan's to sell and I am pretty sure Craig didn't know that.

Cool, so we can all stay then? Wasn't too happy migrating over to the ReRe site. Probably would have just finally tapped out instead of migrating yet again ...
frown.png

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Cool, so we can all stay then? Wasn't too happy migrating over to the ReRe site. Probably would have just finally tapped out instead of migrating yet again ...
frown.png
Honestly, hopefully the data from this site can be imported to that site, and it can be seemless...Because Suin's forum software is a lot better...A lot better.

khalid

Unelected Mod
frown.png
Yeah, lots of work to have to change a bookmark on your desktop and work computer. Took me whole seconds to do so.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If everything works out 100% perfect, then maybe this place and that place will be rolled into one on the new forum software with everything here retained and maybe even a redirect.

No way to know right now.

One thing's for certain, we aren't "staying" here in the way you mean.

The migration has already occured.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I put in a request to BlueCoat to recategorize it and hope it goes through.
You may have to change the title of the website. When you go to bookmark the page, it defaults to ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community. The word "gaming" is what is tripping the filter most likely.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
frown.png
the hardest part about registering at a new board is creating the account and then after submitting it having to wait for the email confirmation to start posting (i have waited a week sometimes). on a_skeleton_03's i didnt have to wait for anything. just created the account and started posting.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
You may have to change the title of the website. When you go to bookmark the page, it defaults to ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community. The word "gaming" is what is tripping the filter most likely.
A Shitlord Community*

mmoCraig_sl

shitlord
Honestly, hopefully the data from this site can be imported to that site, and it can be seemless...Because Suin's forum software is a lot better...A lot better.
For what it is worth we are 100% willing to migrate to new forum software if that is what most people are ok with. This was actually our intentions going into this. We were looking to upgrade to VB5 and were also looking at XenForo but Draegan/Tuco hinted that people would not like change around here.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
For what it is worth we are 100% willing to migrate to new forum software if that is what most people are ok with. This was actually our intentions going into this. We were looking to upgrade to VB5 and were also looking at XenForno but Draegan/Tuco hinted that people would not like change around here.
Take what Draegan said and throw it out the window.

Juvarisx

Florida
For what it is worth we are 100% willing to migrate to new forum software if that is what most people are ok with. This was actually our intentions going into this. We were looking to upgrade to VB5 and were also looking at XenForo but Draegan/Tuco hinted that people would not like change around here.
LOL

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, lots of work to have to change a bookmark on your desktop and work computer. Took me whole seconds to do so.
I'm hoping we can get this thing migrated to a_skeleton_03's server, but keep the rerolled.org domain name. Rererolled.org is blocked for a lot of us, so it'd be nice to keep the old.

I just have no idea if it's even possible to "import" this entire message board into Rererolled.

Either way, it's all contingent on someone else acquiring this place first. I don't give a shit who it is, as long as they're an active member of the board. None of this "Well, Draegan kind of knew some people here, and it was convenient" shit again. Also, a gender identity check might be in order, just due to history.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
New site is xenforo and everyone is giddy. Trophys craig, trophys.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
draegan was the one who told you this was an eq guild forum. this board stagnated for 4 years. and has gotten worse amid the many complaints we had. in other words, dont listen to that guy.