Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
For what it is worth we are 100% willing to migrate to new forum software if that is what most people are ok with. This was actually our intentions going into this. We were looking to upgrade to VB5 and were also looking at XenForo but Draegan/Tuco hinted that people would not like change around here.
Would love to talk over email. Did you get my PM?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Mr McGregor, I do want to personally say that I hold no ill will towards you at all in this.

You're a victim as much as the rest of us.

Thank you for being reasonable here, and I hope you and a_skeleton_03 can work something out that ultimately reduces your losses and allows us to preserve the integrity of our community as best we can.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
If someone can buy the site, they get the domain too, I assume. So in that case, we literally don't have to go anywhere if he's willing to sell it and we have buyers, correct?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If it all works out, then yes.

This database would be imported/merged over there, maybe this redirects there, whatever.

But yeah accounts, posts, etc. everythig but embedded images according to a_skeleton_03.

Cross your fingers bro!

Louis

Trakanon Raider
No reason to stay on this site if things can be migrated to the other + a redirection to that site. The quality of those forums to these isn't even close after just a few days work from a_skeleton_03.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
No reason to stay on this site if things can be migrated to the other + a redirection to that site. The quality of those forums to these isn't even close after just a few days work from a_skeleton_03.
The new forums are cool. I just want to keep the rerolled domain name.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The new forums are cool. I just want to keep the rerolled domain name.
Everyone is definitely in agreement with you.

For sure, and Daly is 100% right as well.

That's what I meant when I said

One thing's for certain, we aren't "staying" here in the way you mean.

The migration has already occured.
No way people are coming back to the old forum software, no matter how this works out.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Absolutely. I love the new forum look/feel/functionality.

I think the major problems people have with the move is we lose 4 years of history...after having lost ~10-11 years of history.

Like Flipmode, I just want to domain to stay the same (and bonus, selfish, points if I can get it to be unblocked at work).

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, if you haven't jumped ship yet you may as well do it now.

Last post for me on this site, my brofags. See you on the other side.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 days, 10 pages, 600 replies, sweet Jesus... Step away for one weekend, come back and fucking Conor McGregor owns the site.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
For what it is worth we are 100% willing to migrate to new forum software if that is what most people are ok with. This was actually our intentions going into this. We were looking to upgrade to VB5 and were also looking at XenForo but Draegan/Tuco hinted that people would not like change around here.
It depended on the change. People here really like the aesthetic, we've had it for more than a decade, but we can achieve that with new software (Changing the software as long as we keep the aesthetic wouldn't make anyone angry). Tuco/Drae probably mentioned it because a software change (Since Drae has not updated it in years despite requests) would have tipped off the ownership change, and yeah, people wouldn't have liked that (Which I'm sure you can see the results for yourself). It's just that we know this community wouldn't fit in within a mainstream setting, it's not 4chan bad, but the moderation is a lot more loose and the discourse a lot more open than most mainstream gaming sites.

Most of us feel it's only a matter of time before one of our controversial discussions winds up in a tweet asking why MMORPG.Com supports X or Y ridiculous things (Taking some debate point in the discussion out of context)...and then you'd guys would be forced to rush in with some ban hammers and new rules. We wouldn't blame you, you've got a business to run, but we've always kept ownership as "one of our own" for that reason (Even if you have no intention, just the fact that you could be threatened into it due to this being a business venture for you is enough). That kind of change isn't palatable , the community only exists because of those frank, and sometimes brusque discussions, among a stable community (Of known names)--otherwise we'd have all gone off to Reddit, or MMORPG ect a long time ago. Those discussions exist precisely because we don't have to bow to demands due to financial considerations.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I just remember it was late 2001 or early 2002, some kid was posting on DAOC ezboard or some other forum asking for us to check out this new mmorpg.com site he was trying to create. One stop shop for all the MMOs out there...
Damn i am old.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Back in 2002, it felt like the only games that would exist in 10 years would be MMO's. Now, they feel like a dinosaur genre, about to be extinct. Who saw that coming?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Please get the block filters issue sorted out on ReRe and I am sure there would be a lot more support.

If I can't browse from work, my activity on the site will be next to nothing. I need my work distraction!

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
So, I should be able to click spoiler tags on mobile finally no matter how this turns out??

Itshappening!.gif

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Priority obviously is the main version, but they are working on tweaking the mobile version on the new boards. Mobile is also a bit more finicky, so this may take a little while. But yes, once it's all said and done, the newer software should accommodate that kind of things are lot better.

Anyway, if anyone is unclear. The migration is a done thing. It's not a maybe. The question is whether a_skeleton_03 manage to buy the database/domain and we merge them with the new forum. If we doesn't or can't, we still moved on.

Either way, if you want to stick with the community, create an account on the new forum.
Once people stop from posting at both places, this forum is going to turn into a ghost town pretty fast.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's a good point. No matter what happens,thisforum is gone. a_skeleton_03 may buy the domain and the old posts, but it looks like the new forums are pretty much a success.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
just being out from under the thumbs of draegan and tuco's mod bullshit is worth the whole thing to me. been fighting those faggots and their fuckery for 8 years.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm tossing my chips in with a_skeleton_03 and Rere, even if I hate Tyen. The "wait and see" approach seems retarded...though I don't like losing the one thread I regularly post in.

I don't get the hate on Tuco, though. I'm a moderator on another website with a much more tame and respectful crowd, and it's a fucking thankless job. I think he's done a good job here, and I don't envy him.