Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The fact that no one from MMORPG has even said jack shit yet tells you they're not even aware of the content of this forum. New forums are solid. Register your ass over there already before they start reading threads and flip their collective sjw cucklord shit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I literally can't give two shits about your attempt to "call me out" over me pointing out the fact that Tuco no longer has the blanket authority over this community that he has abused for years now.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I literally can't give two shits about your attempt to "call me out" over me pointing out the fact that Tuco no longer has the blanket authority over this community that he has abused for years now.
let's see if you can restrain yourself from replying to this.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of course you don't.

You don't have a fiefdom to lord over anymore, so you might as well reign over the ashes of what is left of your kingdom.
Slow down there bud. I think Tuco's done a lot of thankless work moderating over the years. I don't have any ill will towards the guy.

My work also blocks Rerolled, so I remote desktop to my computer at home and browse freely from there. Added bonus is that they can't track my web browsing history.

If your work blocks RDP (like mine does), you can have your home PC listen on another port (like 80 or 443). Hopefully, they don't employ deep packet inspection.
Most of the people complaining about ReRe being blocked are browsing from government computers. There's zero chance RDP would even be enabled on any of these machines. Even if it were, there's a pretty high risk you'd lose your job (or worse) when they find out.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
If I be absolutely serious for a second here... I'm 30. The retarded, childish bullshit spammed all over these forums by the people who are most vocal about the move turns me off. I don't want hoofshots 3.0. I want this forum the way it is now. I see no reason I should expect things to change beyond the whining of autistic manchildren.

I've got a lot of respect for tuco and I trust him. I wouldn't piss on the rest of you if you were on fire.

Simas_sl

shitlord
These forums sprang from EQ and continued into WoW. I assume most people here have seen enough guild drama to know a person doesn't have to be an official guild officer - or forum moderator - to have and exercise power or authority. That's why assurances that Hodj and tyen aren't mods don't do much for me.

These forums have been around for a long time. There have always been trolls, shit posters, social outcasts and assholes. They are part of the eco-system. They've provided some comedy over the years, made some great threads. But they've also gone too far with stalking, shock pictures, hardcore racist shit. There has always been someone to rein them in, whether it was Furor/ the black hand, other mods, or lately Tuco.

The shit posters got tired of being reined in and spun off hoof shots before. This seems similar to me. Don't get me wrong, Draegan was an ass. He should have said something to us. But I'm not about moving just to spite him, esp when it seems like hoof shoots 2.0. I'd feel the same if IRB had set up a new forum and was pressuring everyone to move to it.

If MMORPG shuts this place down? Ok, fine, moving makes sense. If they try to change the culture? Yea, fuck that. But it's been a month and everything is the same so far.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If I be absolutely serious for a second here... I'm 30. The retarded, childish bullshit spammed all over these forums by the people who are most vocal about the move turns me off. I don't want hoofshots 3.0. I want this forum the way it is now. I see no reason I should expect things to change beyond the whining of autistic manchildren.

I've got a lot of respect for tuco and I trust him. I wouldn't piss on the rest of you if you were on fire.
Enjoy talking to air then!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
These forums sprang from EQ and continued into WoW. I assume most people here have seen enough guild drama to know a person doesn't have to be an official guild officer - or forum moderator - to have and exercise power or authority. That's why assurances that Hodj and tyen aren't mods don't do much for me.

These forums have been around for a long time. There have always been trolls, shit posters, social outcasts and assholes. They are part of the eco-system. They've provided some comedy over the years, made some great threads. But they've also gone too far with stalking, shock pictures, hardcore racist shit. There has always been someone to rein them in, whether it was Furor/ the black hand, other mods, or lately Tuco.

The shit posters got tired of being reined in and spun off hoof shots before. This seems similar to me. Don't get me wrong, Draegan was an ass. He should have said something to us. But I'm not about moving just to spite him, esp when it seems like hoof shoots 2.0. I'd feel the same if IRB had set up a new forum and was pressuring everyone to move to it.

If MMORPG shuts this place down? Ok, fine, moving makes sense. If they try to change the culture? Yea, fuck that. But it's been a month and everything is the same so far.
All of this is retarded and demonstrates you are completely out of touch.

But by all means feel free to stay.

No one is forcing you to do anything you dont want to do.

Sulrn

Deuces

One of those man children is "vox populi" though. Surely being dissented with multiple times by multiple active users and even low posting users over the last three months just means we're head-in-the-sand retarded and he still speaks the gospel in a non-hyperbolic, spaztastic way.
rolleyes.png

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The move isn't about the moderation. It's about the fact that someone who has never been a part of the community is now the owner of the website and could do anything he wants at any moment. Sure they've owned the forum for a month and they haven't done anything, but they also haven't said anything either. They haven't looked at this shit yet, and if they have, they're retarded. It makes no sense to stay here and just hope MMORPG wants us to keep on keepin on.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Yeah, but as we've seen, just because someone from the community owns the site doesn't mean he won't sell it or fuck it up.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Of course anyone could end up selling it. Do you think the odds are the same between an outsider and an insider?

Simas_sl

shitlord
I don't know. There are too many unknowns for me.

I don't know what exactly was sold, or for how much. I don't know if this site generates a profit on ad revenue. I don't know enough about computers to know if there is an economy of scale thing, where you get to a certain point that hosting a website doesn't cost you much more than you're already spending. I can imagine a situation where this place makes a couple thousand dollars a year and MMORPG just lets it chill.

If love to hear something from them or more from Tuco about what they told him when Tuco talked to them.

On the other hand, a_skeleton_03 and Hodj seem way too eager to get away from Tuco's tyranical fiefdom or whatever bullshit they're own about. It seems like opportunism to me. And that means I have no idea what to expect from the new site.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm of the opposite perspective to a lot of you. I absolutely DO NOT want to wait for shit to go bad to bail. That's not how this shit here will go down. We're not looking at another instance of Evelys/Tyen liable to just dump the server and there all of a sudden is nothing there. That doesn't fit here. What we're looking at this time is the serious potential for another Millie. The potential for our unannounced new overlords to just start banning people for unspecified reasons. Ironically, given what appears to be their views over there, it actually could be for misgendering people...

If this was being done because Draegan said IDGAF and we were worried the site would lose hosting or something, yes, keep it as a life raft. Since this is being done because MMORPG is a bunch of moral authoritarians who there's no way they actuallylikethe shitlordish posting here, we can't just wait it out. It won't be a sudden crackdown. Edited posts here. Banned user there. Little things probably 90% of us will even agree with at first, culminating in - ironically - things like misgendering a trans person getting you the axe just like FOH. I don't feel like bleeding through that kind of a slow death. I don't feel like losing people until they ever so slightly turn up the censorship until we finally move, minus fedor and his like, and pray that the people MMORPG censorship hit first find their way back to us later.

Lastly, even IF nothing is coming, even IF they never do get involved here, that is still the "best" option - nothing. There is zero chance of our new overlords having a positive impact on this community, given their overtly opposed viewpoints. Any involvement by them is liable to be negative. That means staying here gives us zero opportunity to have a positive administration presence, with things like forum overhauls (eg mobile friendly) or new subforums or moderator control. There's just no up side to being here. Our choices range from getting shit on to getting nothing good or bad. That's a garbage range of options.

Count me in (for what little that is worth) as fully behind bailing. #rerexit all the way.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The new site has successfully promoted itself to most people in case something happens. The End. No one has to move and I will probably spend more time at whichever site has the most action in the forums I use. I say thank you to both Hodj and a_skeleton_03 for the quick and excellent move to help provide an option though. I commend both of them. I also have no problems with Tuco. He's been a steady support for a while even as his el ingles has improved and his waistline has enlarged.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PS can we just have Tuco given mod abilities over there, and save some of the squabbling trouble? He does a decent job whether you like him or not.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't know internet law, but I wonder if MMORPG could go after suenig for purposely getting a domain that's similar to theirs. I won't be surprised if rere starts getting listed as a spoof site.