Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

Intropy

Shit Gamer
What was callous was Draegan and Teljair selling this community out from under it.
I absolutely condemn Draegan for selling the website out from under us for what was surely a pittance. Whatever monetary value he got from it was surely trivial in comparison to the value we all get in participating here. Fuck that piece of shit.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
No one rustles jimmies as Hodj does. Scrolling past his posts if you are not in the mood for autism is a skill not everyone has.

Rustle on Hodj.

Also American Inventordick.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
How was getting us all this improved everything foolish, exactly?
Because, traffic is split and we may lose a bunch of historic threads (johnny's whore mongering, gravy's thread, etc..). The only reason posting is so heavy on the other site is not because everyone has moved. It's because a large part of it is due to so many people re-starting threads and making a concerted effort to post. The userbase is still split up right now. It seems that Craig might be a reasonable person and we could have simply waited, bought this site and let a_skeleton_03 set this one up exactly the same way. I don't know if he's been in contact with a_skeleton_03 yet or not, I'd imagine this isn't an emergency level priority for him like it is for us.

No one is saying the other site isn't great and that having it setup wasn't a good idea. No one thinks Draegan was right to sell it. Just that people over-reacted and jumped the gun a bit. I don't see what the harm would have been in simply getting word out about the backup site and waiting a week before trying to create an exodus.

That does remind me though, assuming a_skeleton_03 and co. can buy this domain and database back, can the content on the new site be merged with this? Or, would it be simpler to just archive all this content in a sub forum?

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Figured this would be a good time to say a huge thank you to Tuco for his thankless work over the years and for saving/migrating the community the last time around.
A big thank you to Tuco and Draegan and everyone else involved in maintaining this website. No matter the asshatery, I have always tried to shed a little bit of love and maybe a little bit of danz? upon this floating island of fohtards. I can't stand dancing myself, it is icky as fuck, but thank you.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The gun was jumped because a_skeleton_03 has been rabidly lobbying to take over administration of the forum for literally years now for some reason. His eagerness alone should be a red flag, combined with his general history of being a flake personality. Hodj is going to have egg on his face when this thing inevitably degrades or outright implodes over the next year or so.

This seems like the beginning of a death knell for the community. As many have mentioned the net effect on the userbase WILL be loss of population. Right now there's an energized base of the same people who post incessantly and some lurkers feeling revamped and some people coming back out of hiding. All of that will taper off and there will be fewer and fewer fresh takes on anything to bounce discussion off of or even fresh villains like Tanoomba showing up to argue with.

This place can't survive another purge/wipe/move. There's zero way for this community to pull in new traffic anymore. Once upon a time the population was continually buoyed by EQ and then WoW. There's no reason for anyone to come to this place as an outsider anymore and its become an increasingly insular and esoteric place to attempt any discussion.

RIP FoHrolled, Draegan might have put the knife in it, but the way its going to die will be slow and painful.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The gun was jumped because a_skeleton_03 has been rabidly lobbying to take over administration of the forum for literally years now for some reason. His eagerness alone should be a red flag, combined with his general history of being a flake personality. Hodj is going to have egg on his face when this thing inevitably degrades or outright implodes over the next year or so.

This seems like the beginning of a death knell for the community. As many have mentioned the net effect on the userbase WILL be loss of population. Right now there's an energized base of the same people who post incessantly and some lurkers feeling revamped and some people coming back out of hiding. All of that will taper off and there will be fewer and fewer fresh takes on anything to bounce discussion off of or even fresh villains like Tanoomba showing up to argue with.

This place can't survive another purge/wipe/move. There's zero way for this community to pull in new traffic anymore. Once upon a time the population was continually buoyed by EQ and then WoW. There's no reason for anyone to come to this place as an outsider anymore and its become an increasingly insular and esoteric place to attempt any discussion.

RIP FoHrolled, Draegan might have put the knife in it, but the way its going to die will be slow and painful.
The community will survive no matter what happens.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
But that's what you guys want though, to become more insular, to be 50 year olds by yourselves. To not have a bunch of teenagers joining your discussions?

It's funny you said death knell. That's precisely what went through my mind when I saw this yesterday.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm not good at intellectual internet message board stuff. I don't even know if I am being honest. This is it, isn't it? You guys will always find something to bitch about every 2 or 3 years, won't you? You need the drama.

Dang, bros. Dang. LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SEE YOUR FUTURE

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The community will survive no matter what happens.
Depends how you define "the community" I guess. Seems like its growing more and more walled-in and this will only exacerbate that. I fear the days of fresh drama idiots like a grobbee or shelly or sam are long gone. Closest thing we've had in recent memory was Ravv and J49. That kind of shit never happens anymore and its because the board doesn't draw in the weird random gamers like when it was a hub for triple-A MMO discussions.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Grow up and stop basing your existence on lulz. You're a bunch of old people, for fuck's sake.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Saying that made me realize a horrible truth. I would participate here so much more, if I wasn't constantly reminded that rerolled is pure bullshit.

Meaningful discussions are not the norm.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
All that's left us a guy posting to himself warning us about our futures of posting to ourselves.

What was that movie about space madness with Dennis quaid?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Depends how you define "the community" I guess. Seems like its growing more and more walled-in and this will only exacerbate that. I fear the days of fresh drama idiots like a grobbee or shelly or sam are long gone. Closest thing we've had in recent memory was Ravv and J49. That kind of shit never happens anymore and its because the board doesn't draw in the weird random gamers like when it was a hub for triple-A MMO discussions.
I agree with this assessment.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I know. I know.

The second I said it I knew it. It's precisely what I love about rerolled. Yet I sosodisagree with most of you on so many levels. I fucking hate the general forum for this reason.

I'm horrible at politics. I do not like identity politics.

You guys are so fucking racist! And you know it, don't lie. It's funny sometimes, but it makes me feel sick. I'm a softie that way.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The random lulz drama shit wasn't the only thing that gave the board life and identity but it was always a big part of it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know what prevents a smooth transition, people like famm.
It was an incredibly smooth transition last time, even with the Stevelys fiasco, and there were even people like column resisting. But that one was done out of absolute necessity and desperation.

This time feels different somehow and that's not only me saying so. I'm just spitballing ideas and opinions on the matter. This seems like a pretty appropriate venue to air such things out until it meets whatever fate is coming.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Because, traffic is split and we may lose a bunch of historic threads (johnny's whore mongering, gravy's thread, etc..). The only reason posting is so heavy on the other site is not because everyone has moved. It's because a large part of it is due to so many people re-starting threads and making a concerted effort to post. The userbase is still split up right now. It seems that Craig might be a reasonable person and we could have simply waited, bought this site and let a_skeleton_03 set this one up exactly the same way. I don't know if he's been in contact with a_skeleton_03 yet or not, I'd imagine this isn't an emergency level priority for him like it is for us.

No one is saying the other site isn't great and that having it setup wasn't a good idea. No one thinks Draegan was right to sell it. Just that people over-reacted and jumped the gun a bit. I don't see what the harm would have been in simply getting word out about the backup site and waiting a week before trying to create an exodus.

That does remind me though, assuming a_skeleton_03 and co. can buy this domain and database back, can the content on the new site be merged with this? Or, would it be simpler to just archive all this content in a sub forum?
All of this is nonsense.

Traffic is not split, no one is coming back to this decades old aging software run by uninterested and unaffiliated third parties. No one jumped the gun but Draegan, your anger is misguided and misdirected, you are ill-informed and every complaint you have isn't worth the merit of even remote consideration at this point.

The actual source of all these complaints is people holding grudges for literally nothing. Get over it. Move to the new site or stay here or move on.

No one cares any more but the fewer desperate bitter clingers who can't seem to see the writing on the wall.