Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
So trust some random stranger who is only in it for the money and told us he would change our site if we dont bring enough traffic? Or trust a member of our community that has been around for over a decade and doing it in spite of the time and money? Fuck, all thats changed is your bookmark links and the layout which is actually better. Everyone is over there posting as if nothing changed, yet you guys are acting like its some huge change. I dont see what's such a big deal about it.
Where did I mention anything about trusting either one of them?

All I'm saying, and many are saying, is this didn't need to go down as fast as it did.

I've stated in this thread that the new website is now blocked for me. So, personally, no, I cannot just change my bookmark link. It is some huge change (for me). I realize this isn't your problem, but I'm just pointing out that what you just said is patently false.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
His endgame could be to monetize the site somehow for personal profit, or it could be simply a lust for power that will result in Millie level distortions of justice in the long run. Hard to tell the motivations right now. Either way he's been far too eager to do this for far too long, its suspicious when someone is that obsessive with such a specific and seemingly meaningless goal.

Maybe if someone had out of the blue offered to do this in a time of perceived crisis I'd understand. a_skeleton_03 has been lobbying, nearly begging at times, to get this opportunity for years. Literally years. I'm sure he's been ready to go at the first sign of an opportunity and the site sale was the break he's been waiting for.
While there is always that risk, I can say that a_skeleton_03 is highly unlikely to behave like that. With Draegan I knew this was just a business venture and never trusted him to give a shit if he lost business interest in the site. a_skeleton_03, though he shit posts and trolls a lot, has generally shown steady decency in his behavior when it concerns matters of importance. This is over a period of 12 years, so I'd say he's earned our trust.

Stave

Potato del Grande
His endgame could be to monetize the site somehow for personal profit, or it could be simply a lust for power that will result in Millie level distortions of justice in the long run. Either way he's been far too eager to do this for far too long, its suspicious when someone is that obsessive with such a specific and seemingly meaningless goal.
So we should instead stick with the guy that specifically bought the site to monetize it for personal profit instead, because you feel that a_skeleton_03 *might* do that someday? You make no sense man. Sounds to me like you just have something personal against a_skeleton_03. I could see concern if someone like Araysar or another troll started it, but a_skeleton_03 is not even close to that. Worst case if he does go all Millie nazi, we make ReReReRolled.org. Plus there are going to be mod elections. Sounds to me like one of the best preventions for tyranny. Let me ask you this. If a_skeleton_03 bought this site from Craig and we kept using this one, would you still be as upset about it?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While there is always that risk, I can say that a_skeleton_03 is highly unlikely to behave like that. With Draegan I knew this was just a business venture and never trusted him to give a shit if he lost business interest in the site. a_skeleton_03, though he shit posts and trolls a lot, has generally shown steady decency in his behavior when it concerns matters of importance. This is over a period of 12 years, so I'd say he's earned our trust.
And why the hell should we trust you, who couldn't even warn us that the site was sold! How much is a_skeleton_03 paying you Tuco?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And why the hell should we trust you, who couldn't even warn us that the site was sold! How much is a_skeleton_03 paying you Tuco?
I know you're kidding but I'm surprised by the number of people who think I have any financial association with fohguild.org, rerolled.org or rere.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You aren't paying attention.

We have said multiple times that we are putting in legal framework in the form of a non profit established preventing me from getting any profit at all and ensuring from here forward you and the rest of the community own it. We already have a lawyer on retainer we are that serious. (Pro bono of course)

I do not want power, I wanted to help us transition away from someone with power. I have asked to take it away from those that didn't have the interest of the community first. I hope that in the not too distant future once everything is finalized and stable and the non profit formed that I walk away from the admin job. Because it should be a dispassionate job filled by someone with the skills to do it. We are not far from that goal and having the actual administration be sensible.

The moderation is an entirely different story but we are laying down rules and methods for voting those in and out. You could be one, I could, anyone could. Just be passionate about the community and fair on decisions. The new moderation style will be no nonsense. I think people will like it.

Nobody will be banned for views whether they are SJW or anti, we aren't that insular. Will people be mocked in certain threads for certain views? Yes. You know how that works having mocked me for years about religion. Odd that this doesn't bother you but this one sided view about SJW issues is going to be a hill you die on?

Lastly I do plan on bringing more posters in from all walks of life. Reaching out to old posters and even new ones. Maybe even doing legit charity projects. If you want my ultimate goal here it is: the middle ground between Reddit and Penny Arcade. Open community that polices its own and uses the assets of its user base for charity that gamers appreciate.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, there you go guys, he's turning into a nonprofit with himself as the CEO. Nothing to see here.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
His endgame could be to monetize the site somehow for personal profit, or it could be simply a lust for power that will result in Millie level distortions of justice in the long run. Hard to tell the motivations right now. Either way he's been far too eager to do this for far too long, its suspicious when someone is that obsessive with such a specific and seemingly meaningless goal.

Maybe if someone had out of the blue offered to do this in a time of perceived crisis I'd understand. a_skeleton_03 has been lobbying, nearly begging at times, to get this opportunity for years. Literally years. I'm sure he's been ready to go at the first sign of an opportunity and the site sale was the break he's been waiting for.
All those things already happened to us and not just once. We survived and sometimes flourished through it all. The new site is beautiful. Dude spent hundreds of bucks and dozens of hours to make it just like here while having the functionality of a 2016 message board. When i come back to this board i feel like this is some depression era Oakie town ravaged by dust storms and you guys are eating dirty 3 day old bread for dinner. When i go back to re2 it then feels like fucking Tomorrowland. We are having good arguments over there. We are having old time lulz. Stop being stubborn and angry because of a_skeleton_03. The political thread is just you guys yupping each other now. Is that fun? Anyway try it out, if not then at least add the bookmark to your browser so when this board gets zero traffic and craig changes it you still got a place to go. Good luck.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Oh, there you go guys, he's turning into a nonprofit with himself as the CEO. Nothing to see here.
I don't think you know how a non profit works.

There is a board and that board dictates what the CEO can or cannot do and can eject them at any time. You also read none of the rest to see that once all that is in place I will be out of it and a regular poster.

You really just are looking for something to complain about at this point.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Is that a fact Tuco? Is that a fact???

Cakepops

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Glad to see Tuco finally jumping on board.

All concerns are expected, but unwarranted.

You're free to stay or go as you please, but understand that this place is dead. It will be shut down.

When you finally realize that no one is running a long con here, that the person who did that was Draegan, that nothing about this was knee jerk, but rather the culmination of four years of building steam to this moment, and that this place is never going to return to whatever it is you thought its been these four years, you will all always be welcome at the new site.

No one wants this community to remain together as much as I.

That's why I did what I did.

Sulrn

Deuces
I simply look forward to the day Other Games' only legitimate activity isn't esports and steam sales/humblebundle announcements and people talk about games for the sake of talking about games like we did when Sean and his ilk was here. God forbid a gaming community hash out shitty opinions about games. Instead of pre-release hype then nothing. Witcher 3 is the only game that really hit that mark in recent memory.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
a_skeleton_03 has been lobbying, nearly begging at times, to get this opportunity for years. Literally years. I'm sure he's been ready to go at the first sign of an opportunity and the site sale was the break he's been waiting for.
So lets assume that's the case.

So?

Is this not a sign that he gives a lot more of a shit about this community than Draegan did? Or Requiem at the end of FoH?

You're just being silly brah.

Its okay to put down your AK and climb out of the bunker. The Ruskies were repelled at the borders. They'll never make it to Utah now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I simply look forward to the day Other Games' only legitimate activity isn't esports and steam sales/humblebundle announcements and people talk about games for the sake of talking about games like we did when Sean and his ilk was here. God forbid a gaming community hash out shitty opinions about games. Instead of pre-release hype then nothing. Witcher 3 is the only game that really hit that mark in recent memory.
I only go to the game threads I play, but all the game threads I'm active in have been pretty good, whether it's FO4, Pokemon etc.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think you know how a non profit works.

There is a board and that board dictates what the CEO can or cannot do and can eject them at any time. You also read none of the rest to see that once all that is in place I will be out of it and a regular poster.
You said you would be out asADMINISTRATOR...obviously website admin is well below the rank of the guy who created the whole organization.

And who do you have in mind for administrator? Seems unlikely you could just vote that in from the rank and file like a moderator.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
All I'm saying, and many are saying, is this didn't need to go down as fast as it did.
Translation: "Durrr change both frightens and also confuses me. I don't want the community to split, so I'm going to stay here with 2% of the community and ignore the 98% that went elsewhere, thereby causing the exact split I'm afraid of occuring. This is all happening to fast for my internet and Everquest addled aging brain to handle! You damn kids with your damn hurrying off to better pastures with modern software! Why in my day we had to climb uphill backwards in the snow to shitpost on the internet! You just don't know what's good for you! Why won't anyone listen to my pointless and completely irrelevant contrarian for the sake of contrarianess complaints! Hurrr. Please stab my face I'm so fucking retarded."

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Translation: "Durrr change both frightens and also confuses me. I don't want the community to split, so I'm going to stay here with 2% of the community and ignore the 98% that went elsewhere, thereby causing the exact split I'm afraid of occuring. This is all happening to fast for my internet and Everquest addled aging brain to handle! You damn kids with your damn hurrying off to better pastures with modern software! Why in my day we had to climb uphill backwards in the snow to shitpost on the internet! You just don't know what's good for you! Why won't anyone listen to my pointless and completely irrelevant contrarian for the sake of contrarianess complaints! Hurrr. Please stab my face I'm so fucking retarded."
If your goal is to make people think Rere is chucklefuck island, continue posting like this.