Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
"I don't like ice cream"
"Why do you hate all desserts?! You are so fucking stupid."
"I didn't say that.."
"God, you have no clue what you are talking about"
This is every conversation with hodj in this thread.

Even when he thinks he's responding to actual points, he still isn't comprehending what the other person is saying.

I never suggested, and neither did the majority of the people agreeing with me, that we simply stay here and let MMO run the site forever. You keep using that as if it's our position. I'll try this one last time.. THAT IS NOT, NOR WAS IT EVER, WHAT I WAS SAYING.

Do you understand the subtle difference yet? Probably not, but whatever.

Also, no, the other site does not have the majority of the userbase. It probably has about 80% of the most active users, but all the lurkers and occasional posters make up almost half of the actual posts to the forums. It's a situation where something like 10% of the userbase makes up half of the content on the forums and the other 90% makes up the other half. You got most of that 10%, and they are all posting more then normal. It's getting that other 90% over that is the hard part in this situation. The fact that there are people in this thread saying they don't want to go, haven't gone yet, can't access the site, etc.. is proof of that. You are asking everyone to move based on something that might happen, rather then HAS happened.

I don't know why I'm still participating in this discussion. Even if there was complete, unrefutable proof that hodj was wrong, he's too tunnel visioned to ever be able to admit that he made a mistake. Instead, there's only opinion and common sense, both of which he rejects out of hand.

@a_skeleton_03, my man, has been there any movement on getting access to this database and what would the end result be of that? Can you just import the thread to a 'archive' subforum on the new site, or can you actually merge accounts and such?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I understand fully what you are saying. I responded to your words directly.

Also, no, the other site does not have the majority of the userbase. It probably has about 80% of the most active users, but all the lurkers and occasional posters make up almost half of the actual posts to the forums.
No, they don't, but they have had giant neon flashing signs in their faces for a week to move.

If they haven't gotten the picture yet, how fucking active are they, really?

You're just making this up. It is invented whole cloth from your mind.

We got way more than 80% of the active users, too. We got more like 95%+ of them, and people who used to post returning.

. It's a situation where something like 10% of the userbase makes up half of the content on the forums and the other 90% makes up the other half.
You're just making these numbers up from your imagination based on nothing.

Your argument has now gone from "We're going to get 70% of the user base, but there will be 30% left" to now "You've got 10% of the user base and left 90% behind!"

That's retarded.

You are being retarded.

Stop.

The fact that there are people in this thread saying they don't want to go, haven't gone yet, can't access the site, etc.. is proof of that.
No, actually, its proof that those people are having those issues, and that's it.

I don't know why I'm still participating in this discussion.
None of us do.Thats the point retard. There has been no point in this flailing against the change since about three hours after we found out.

. Even if there was complete, unrefutable proof that hodj was wrong, he's too tunnel visioned to ever be able to admit that he made a mistake.
No, see,THIS IS ACTUALLY YOU AND ONLY YOU RIGHT NOW!

We have 100% complete, irrefutable proof thatYOU ARE WRONG AND I AM RIGHT

It is only YOU who fails to see this.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
@a_skeleton_03, my man, has been there any movement on getting access to this database and what would the end result be of that? Can you just import the thread to a 'archive' subforum on the new site, or can you actually merge accounts and such?
The updates to this are at the other forum.

The update is he's waiting for an NDA so they can begin discussions. It should be delivered to him tomorrow.

And they have the options of doing either apparently.

The community wants the threads archived but the accounts and post counts merged, majority consensus seems to indicate right now.

There will probably be a vote if there has to be to determine how that plays out if and when it occurs.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All caps and giant fonts are apparently not indicative of being mad anymore. Learn something new all the time.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

a_skeleton_03 is signing an NDA tomorrow with the MMO guys to discuss purchase of this site. That would allow access to the database, otherwise an archive has been discussed. Just take a few mins on the other site. This stuff has been discussed many times over.

The other forum makes this one seem like a relic of the 90s internet. It's much faster and insanely more feature rich.

*edit* Figures hodj beat me to it. I replied because it showed him offline.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Rerolled - MMORPG Game Forums Statistics
Threads 9,140 Posts 1,575,766 Members 11,417 Active Members 2,707

TOTAL members on rererolled: 1,447

Yea, you got everyone.. my bad.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
All caps and giant fonts are apparently not indicative of being mad anymore. Learn something new all the time.
It could be.

It could also be an indication that some people are just so stupid you need to make the words big to ensure they're reading them and getting the point.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

I was a moderator for a time.

Most of those accounts are bots.

The core user base of this forum is around 400-500 people on a daily average, with probably twice that in "lurkers", which is what we've got over there already.

You're comparing a site that has had 4 years worth of Chinese accounts being registered versus a site that's had less than week.

Our numbers aren't just solid, they're impressive, and your problem is you don't have all the information to make an actual judgement and you aren't thinking clearly anyway.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Ah, so the active member calculation includes the bots that get banned or never post? intradasting.

The core user base of this forum is around 400-500 people on a daily average, with probably twice that in "lurkers", which is what we've got over there already.
So it's ok for you to make up numbers, but if I do it I'm a moron.. got it.

Well done, you've clearly won this discussion.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Ah, so the active member calculation includes the bots that get banned or never post? intradasting.
Yeah, active members is members logged into the site regularly.

You really are kinda just completely ignorant here bro.

So it's ok for you to make up numbers, but if I do it I'm a moron.. got it.

Well done, you've clearly won this discussion.
I haven't made up any numbers, and I certainly haven't asserted something as blatantly untrue as "You've only got 10% of the active user base over there while 90% of the lurkers remain here!"

Hodj must not be getting enough attention on the new boards. Bless his heart.
Nah, getting plenty tbh.

Even had a thread shawed already.

It was great.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Rough, so it's already a tyranical fiefdom over there? You bad mouth Trump? Or claim racism existed? Which was it?
Nah I just made sure Tarrant knew the attitude he exhibited over here some in his moderation wouldn't go unopposed over there.

Then we hugged it out a little bit, or at least came to see things more equitably, and the thread was sent to its rightful home.

Inque

FunEmployed
Other than a handful of people who want to remain on this site most of the community is active on the new boards. We won't be coming back. Fuck in the last 5 minutes of writing my post we had two new replies. On the new boards, I would have received an immediate alert but instead I have to reload this board like its 2004 before I pop into a thread. New board is tits, as is our new logo. Let it burn.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

more than half of 4 years member accumulation in 3 days. thats pretty damned good.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
more than half of 4 years member accumulation in 3 days. thats pretty damned good.
I don't expect the vast majority of posters here to understand the points being made by people who are upset that a few loud personalities wanted to vacate this site and burn it to the ground immediately without even attempting to explore other avenues or salvage the history we have here first and foremost. Acting as if it was a decree from on high that we must move to the promised land.

Many of you seem to think most of us give a fuck about a forum's functionality other than being able to quote and hit reply. I come here to be entertained by conversation, I do not care about embedding 1080p video through dick telepathy and I sure as shit don't want email or text alerts anytime a thread I've posted in gets bumped.

Okay so a forum full of nerds wants to move to the latest and greatest, I get it. But the crybaby bullshit of the loudest people on this forum acting like this was some sort of righteous call to arms is absurd and it was just the final nail in the coffin for me. Rerolled was already turning into a festering pool of idiocy regarding make believe bullshit about how the world was being taken away from men by evil hags with blue hair. I expect the new site to be even worse. Every time you lose members who keep the other threads alive and can post without spewing some trumped up bullshit about gender wars you get one step closer to just renaming the site GamerGate.org. That shit has infected almost every goddamn thread on this site. It's impossible to have a good old fashioned internet throw down here nowadays without some pussified reject talking about safe spaces, or how hurtful the phrase "you're lucky" is to them.

This "community" has been shit for a while. The new forums being spearheaded by hodj and a_skeleton_03 is the feather in the cap of the shit sandwich this place turned into over the years.