Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you play mage, you can always spec knight enchanter and go melee stuff with your laser sword. You will learn to hate Cassandra though, as she continually bashes your target out of your range while you are in mid swing.
Playing melee I had to toggle knockdowns to "Never Use". Remember that you can do that. (X when it's displaying preference of use)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
As a rogue I didn't care too much, I would stick Cassandra on the melee mobs and I'd dispatch the ranged mobs myself, so they weren't getting knocked down, only the melees and I got used to judging when a knockdown was coming anyway, I'd generally just autoattack for a bit then hit them on the ground with twin fangs. It was annoying early on at low levels though when you can't really afford to let your tank do whatever and one shot ranged mobs with no risks and instead have the tank also assist you and shit, as she'd kept knocking the archers away right as I used twin fangs and stuff.

If you play the tank though it's great, cause the knockbacks are predictable, plus it severely reduces the need to face everything and what not when you constantly CC every mob around you by knocking them around. Every melee attack also has a "chase" movement applied to it where you'll move towards your target if you're not in range, but it's not adjusted on the fly that's why it's fine with a tank (you yourself knock the mob down so your next ability is timed correctly and will move you right into range) but annoying as other classes since you'll often start an attack then the tank bashes them out of the way before you hit them and you don't chase.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Best thing Cassandra does is bashes something out of way then lasso's it back to her
biggrin.png
Or the point where something peels off of the entire mob pull and she pulls it back in.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Finished the game:

The ending..was an ending I suppose. Very anti-climatic, but I sort of expected that once you see Corypheus is the big baddie. Everything going on in the DA world cannot be attributed to him, so figured it would be a bit more DA2/ME2ish in that respect. (Pertinent to story but not progressing the main plot much.)

Also, a little disappointed you couldn't do anything too crazy. Did choices matter at the end? I couldn't see a way that it would have gone differently, but I assume the choices might be more relevant in another game.

I WILL say the reveals they do towards the end and after the epilogue were crazy. Flemeth's reveal was really cool, and really gave you more insight to her, but the stuff she says is so damn cryptic! And Solas being the Dread Wolf? Wtf! I have no idea what really happened there; Solas got the old god soul, for...?

Anyways, while the ending was anything crazy, I really loved how I got there. It's absolutely insane to think that basically they destroy the majority of accepted DA lore in the last few quests.

I hope this means we get a real expansion akin to Awakening instead of just a slew of shitty DLC.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finished the game:

The ending..was an ending I suppose. Very anti-climatic, but I sort of expected that once you see Corypheus is the big baddie. Everything going on in the DA world cannot be attributed to him, so figured it would be a bit more DA2/ME2ish in that respect. (Pertinent to story but not progressing the main plot much.)

Also, a little disappointed you couldn't do anything too crazy. Did choices matter at the end? I couldn't see a way that it would have gone differently, but I assume the choices might be more relevant in another game.

I WILL say the reveals they do towards the end and after the epilogue were crazy. Flemeth's reveal was really cool, and really gave you more insight to her, but the stuff she says is so damn cryptic! And Solas being the Dread Wolf? Wtf! I have no idea what really happened there; Solas got the old god soul, for...?

Anyways, while the ending was anything crazy, I really loved how I got there. It's absolutely insane to think that basically they destroy the majority of accepted DA lore in the last few quests.

I hope this means we get a real expansion akin to Awakening instead of just a slew of shitty DLC.
I recommend checking the spoilers threads on reddit and stuff, there's a LOT of very cool stuff in the Cole cryptic discussions and stuff that wouldn't appear relevant until you finish the game. I was pretty disapointed by the ending too until the after credit scene which redeemed the whole thing for me.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Got way overleveled / overgeared on my Mage (had about 6 levels on story content), so I just started a solo nightmare Warrior. Godamnit I love this game.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I was gonna have Hawke die in the fade, but then Varric was so upset afterwards that I had to reload and make Alistair bite it instead.
The main story for this game kinda doesn't have a whole lot to it when you think about it. I've only got 3 main story missions left and they don't look very long.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I was gonna have Hawke die in the fade, but then Varric was so upset afterwards that I had to reload and make Alistair bite it instead.
The main story for this game kinda doesn't have a whole lot to it when you think about it. I've only got 3 main story missions left and they don't look very long.
They said DA:I was influenced majorly by skyrim, so I think this was another of those things that were modeled after it. Skyrim's main quest line was pretty damn short also, but much like DA:I, you get so carried away finding other quests and doing other things that you don't just straight shoot it. There was probably *less* actual stuff to do in DA:I's main plot though, because unlike Skyrim a large part of DA was cutscenes.

If I had had to choose between Alistair or my Hawke I would have gone insane. My choices were Hawke or Stroud, and I felt so bad for Stroud. Like oh man, did YOU get the short end of the stick. After I played that part I was like shit man, who would pick Hawke! I can't believe you picked yours lol.

And def will have to check that out Pyros. I was talking to a friend about the ending and we were bouncing all of these crazy ideas off. I ALMOST wanted to visit the bioware forums to see what the rumors were about it; much like George RR Martin has said fans have already guessed how GoT will end, I bet someone has figured out DA too.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Skyrim had some rather length side quest lines almost as long as the main story, like the thieves guild stuff. This game has a lot of really short quests for the followers, some decent zone quests, some good while others don't have much narrative, and then a lot of stupid collection quests.

And 10 dragons.

I still like the game but the formula could use some work.

Also the level scaling needs work badly. The game isn't built for full clears.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The scaling should have been more extensive yeah, it's not THAT bad though, but some levels get kinda weird, especially the mid tier zones like Exalted Plains. On the quest lines there's the companion questlines and the romance shit, that's why there's not much of anything else, it's a lot of voice acting and stuff just for these. Some of the zone quests are pretty solid too overall, like Crestwood and Exalted plains.

I think overall it's kinda like Skyrim, it's definitely good but not really perfect either. However Skyrim had massive modding and a lot of very good DLCs added to it, so we'll see what they do with those(and modding well, there's some shit but it definitely won't be as good).

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game would be damn near perfect if they just instituted a level floor of -3 character levels for enemies in nightmare.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I like the combat in this game MUCH more than Skyrim.
Yeah I guess, but I still think the combat could be a lot better. Basically by stopping trying to still be a crpg and just going full action. If you're gonna have the tactical camera and tactics abortion thing, just throw it all away and make the combat more responsive and more fun and just keep an action game with dragon age storytelling, characters and stuff. Skyrim combat was pretty much shit though so yeah definitely better. I assume there's some mods making Skyrim combat less shit though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like the combat in DA:I is actually a small step back from how good it was in DA2, but obviously the game as a whole is a vast improvement.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So been farming for t3 recipes in Cradle of Sulevin and after hours of it, still haven't gotten much at all. I hate randomness.
frown.png

khalid

Unelected Mod
A few people have talked about crafting 400dps rogue weapons. Where did you get your schematics to do so? I'd love to get a t3 masterwork onehander schematic, but so far no luck.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
344 or so was my best pre-rune dagger I made, runes can push over 400 though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, it'd be pretty easy with one of the runes that adds a ton of damage. I've seen 500 DPS dragonslaying weapons.