Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Can agree, Trespasser felt like a real ending and i felt it had enough of the feels to be a legit ending to the original game. The DLC could have gone further beyond the whole initial arc, but im pretty sure thats exactly what DA4 will be with a moderate time skip to let the warring factions start their destruction.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
If it makes you feel better, I feel like both JoH/Descent are equally the Omega of DA:I. Neither add anything that couldn't have been in the main game. At least with Trespasser you can see them justifying the money grab post-release and the work they put into it, not to mention the major story contribution/confirmation that came with it. Where as with JoH/D you get nothing of significant value in any regard.

I'll agree with you as far as the Trespasser ending. The whole negating your possible reasoning for joining the Inquisition to start with was silly. All said though, all 3 of the DLCs should have been modified and delayed the game release and been included to start with. Trespasser should have been the original ending and the other two excuses for DLC should have been optional side quests. I feel bad for anyone that spent money on any of them.
I can agree with this. I am not as salty however about JOH and Descent, mainly because I enjoyed them, whereas I didn't even buy Omega because I was so disinterested. I do think Descent added some nice lore to the game that corroborated things people had discovered in the base game, but I can definitely see the point that they were just extra areas akin to other places in the game and thus should have just been delayed extra content. Descent I thought was really nice done however. Bolters are bullshit though.

Still highly dislike much of trespasser though. The entire epilogue of Trespasser contradicts the base game's epilogue so it just ends up like, Wtf mate.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Poked around looking for deals on the DLCs, anyone happen to know of any? I got the vanilla game for $15, and just cannot justify paying the same for each of the 3 story DLCs. Loving the game, I have done everything up to "What Pride had Wrought" so far.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Poked around looking for deals on the DLCs, anyone happen to know of any? I got the vanilla game for $15, and just cannot justify paying the same for each of the 3 story DLCs. Loving the game, I have done everything up to "What Pride had Wrought" so far.
Considering the Black Friday deals brought the DLC down to $10 a piece, GL with finding it much cheaper. Maybe wait until Christmas sales.

Sulrn

Deuces
TBH you can pretty easily knock out all the dlc's with an evening on YouTube and not have lost out on anything unless you feel the need to get married to your love interest. Definitely recommend YouTube for JoH/Descent anything over 1.99 is over paying.

YouTube Lady Ashe Dragon Age then grab some food and drink.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Waiting for Xmas sale.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like a plan. Was surprised that they were priced at 15 in the first place. Well not that surprised because EA.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Mass effect DLC is still $9-$15. this shit is not dropping in price anytime soon. Suggest you save your PSN 10% and combine it with spend $100 get $15 credit deals when they pop up for your Bioware DLC needs.

HUH_sl

shitlord
I don't think I've ever seen individual Bioware DLCs ever go on sale for any meaningful amount. I remember waiting forever for ME3s DLCs to go on sale and it never happened. Best sale I've seen for the DAI DLCs is 5 dollars off 1 of them. Maybe you'll get lucky with the Origin Christmas sale but you'll probably have to wait a year until the GOTY edition goes on sale for 10 bucks to get the DLC for dirt cheap.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Aside from DA:O, I probably spent more time playing DA:I than any other RPG in recent memory. Finished with 4 playthroughs and enjoyed them all, but haven't done any of the DLC's yet. General consensus question, (ignoring the inflated EA price tag) were the DLC's enjoyable additions to the story?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Order of enjoyment for me was Trespasser, Descent and finally Jaws. I don't feel they were at all as bad as Sulrn is making them out to be. Trespasser was the only one story wise that had any real impact. The other two fleshed out the lore of the world more with their stories but never really had any impact on the main storyline.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Tresspasser closed off any further progression on that save tho, whereas the other two could be played during an ongoing campaign. Though I'd avoid descent till way later since the blueprints u get pretty much trivialize the game. Kinda dumb.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Aside from DA:O, I probably spent more time playing DA:I than any other RPG in recent memory. Finished with 4 playthroughs and enjoyed them all, but haven't done any of the DLC's yet. General consensus question, (ignoring the inflated EA price tag) were the DLC's enjoyable additions to the story?
Since you're like me and willing to put in multiple playthroughs on good games like these, I would advise definitely playing them all, Trespasser is the only one you will need to play more than once.

You'll understand later, and it'll piss you off. But similar to NWN2 which I imagine you also enjoyed, the endgame is dependent on much earlier choices...

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am just starting this game for the first time. I am playing a Two-Hand Warrior and want to evolve into a Reaver.

As far as suggestions I have heard, "get out of the Hinterlands asap"... Anything else I should do or know?

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am just starting this game for the first time. I am playing a Two-Hand Warrior and want to evolve into a Reaver.

As far as suggestions I have heard, "get out of the Hinterlands asap"... Anything else I should do or know?

Dunno about later expansions and patches, but initially it was a really weak build. Iron Bull is this build and he just dies, and dies, and dies.