Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From what I remember Iron Bull just sucked and Reaver itself was decent. Probably not something I'd try on the highest difficulty though. Extremely high dps doesn't do you much good if you're eating dirt all the time.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Why oh why is this an ME3 not on steam? Is the abomination Origin still as bad as I remember it?

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Why oh why is this an ME3 not on steam? Is the abomination Origin still as bad as I remember it?

Actually no. They have better back end customer service than steam has ever had. however the games are always too damn high.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Started playing again about 3 weeks ago and man this game hasn't aged well at all. Especially after playing through the witcher 3 and it's expansions, DAI seems trite at best. The cringe and cheese factor is pretty high in the game. I am still curious to see what bioware do post w3 though. Supposedly it's had quite a bit of influence on bioware's current RPG development.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Judging by how retarded some of their developers act on twitter they probably took all the wrong lessons from Witcher 3.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy

Honestly Origin has been fine for a long time, don't know why people hate on it other than the fact that it isn't Steam. Do people not remember what a clusterfuck Steam was when it first came out? Dear god it was a fucking nightmare just getting Counter-Strike to work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is driving me crazy. The elevation, the hills, and the trying to figure "can i climb it, do i have to go around it?" aspect of the game fucking sucks.

The map is also pretty infuriating. I'm playing on PS4, I have to click the tiny options button, then click again to get the damn map up. Then another two clicks to exit out of it. Once you drop a pin on the mini map, It is the same fucking size no matter how close or far away you are from it. So you have to go back and forth to the god damn big map.

They created a 'go here', 'do that', and 'collect bear asses' game, like this was their best shot at an offline WoW game... and they made the most cumbersome world they possibly could to do it in. I am seriously about to tell this game to go fuck itself.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This game is driving me crazy. The elevation, the hills, and the trying to figure "can i climb it, do i have to go around it?" aspect of the game fucking sucks.

The map is also pretty infuriating. I'm playing on PS4, I have to click the tiny options button, then click again to get the damn map up. Then another two clicks to exit out of it. Once you drop a pin on the mini map, It is the same fucking size no matter how close or far away you are from it. So you have to go back and forth to the god damn big map.

They created a 'go here', 'do that', and 'collect bear asses' game, like this was their best shot at an offline WoW game... and they made the most cumbersome world they possibly could to do it in. I am seriously about to tell this game to go fuck itself.

Haha yeah that part sucks but I will say the DLCs are fun if you can make it to them. The Descent with the deep is good for the DA:O fans and the final DLC ties in the ending very well.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider

Yeah dude the shit got aggravating as fuck but a quick pro tip - you can spam jump your way up a whole shitload of terrain. Annoying, but it works.

Lusiphur

Peasant
That whole thing about elevation and the annoyance of finding things was what made me quit before the finish. I have better things to do than spend 10 minutes finding a bear ass to collect. There is challenge and there is tedium.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
That whole thing about elevation and the annoyance of finding things was what made me quit before the finish. I have better things to do than spend 10 minutes finding a bear ass to collect. There is challenge and there is tedium.

Yeah, they definitely went overboard on the terrain navigation and endless easter egg hunts. Fun at first, particularly since they did such a marvelous job on world design, but some maps just made the tedium even worse.

IMHO the biggest weakness of the game was combat. Though very pretty, ultimately the level of tactics involved meant rolling your forehead across the controller was enough to ensure victory. I played the entire game including two DLC's without ever using a single magic potion or even paying attention to my magic bar.

IMHO the strength of the game was the huge open world, great graphics, character interactions, dragon fights, and huge detail in terms of maintaining your keep. If they had replaced the brain dead combat with something actually tactical, it could have been one of the best RPG's ever.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You did that on Nightmare? Just finished a replay and all the dlc playing a dagger rogue on nightmare. I was gonna upload some videos at some point of the retarded damage I do but I decided to trade my ps4 in for a ps4pro. Maybe I'll get around to it.

The Trespasser DLC is probably better than the main game story wise but man the combat in this game just gets tedious even with my broken damage.

There isn't even any point trying to track down the rest of the dragons and kill them. When I beat the last boss of the main game I feel like it took 4 seconds.

The game is pretty damn fun until you get to a point you break the game with gear/dmg. Then it's a cakewalk until the dlc where they just overpower all the mobs you're fighting to the point they can really one-two shot you in high end dmg gear.

I think there are a host of other issues though with combat. The AI is bad. The tactics view is pretty shit and hard to use, camera issues galore. My party never seemed to listen to me either, tell them to hold position while I go stealth past this...owait my party just teleported to me and are in aggro range of mobs!

Having to be so careful with positioning as a dagger rogue was a real bummer. It's amazing shredding everything though. Just kill bosses before adds become a problem. Sometimes I'd just play as Sera and ez mode archer it.

Lastly, I dunno. I just dislike DLC as a way to complete stories or whatever. How many people even got through this entire game period? Then like a year later go through this DLC which is probably better than most of the main game? Even fewer? (I'd like to add it makes me feel bad for the designers of that DLC, so much work and effort and probably very few see it)

Coming back to a game after a long break and playing max level characters just isn't that fun either. I'd rather they take the engine and tools and just build a stand alone story and start the game like at level 8 or some shit. Release a high quality one of that every year and I'd be pretty fucking happy. The combat in most rpgs just breaks down at max level and is an unfun chore.

(oh also the Table side game whatever it is gets really fucking old and I tire of going to it)

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got to level 12 or so, maybe 15 hours into the game and gave up. It wasn't fun anymore.

All the different game systems felt like a mish-mash from a board meeting "let's throw shit against the wall and see what sticks" where you have one faggot at the front of the room saying "there is no such thing as a bad idea guys!" None of it added up to a cohesive or immersive RPG experience.

I have tremendous respect for Frostbit engine, but clearly it was not made for games like this. Or, they made some disastrous decisions with the tools they had at their disposal. Put all the fucking mountains on a map you want, but either make them traversable or non-traversable. This infuriating middle ground of "well, you aren't supposed to go this way, but if you want spam jump for the next 10 mins, you might be able to get up there" is such retarded bullshit.

I rate you a fucking failure, 4 out of 10, DA:Inquistion

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
I like aspects of it, but the aspects don't marry well. Requisitions are tedious and obnoxious. It's like adding MMO elements in a single player game that serves little purpose. It's open world, but not really, and the pacing is off, level wise, unless you have your hand held. The hardest part of dragon/boss fights is managing the characters/AI. The war table, while cute, is clunky.

But, I enjoy some aspects of the story/lore. The combat is tolerable. It's gets minorly tedious on nightmare levels, but you can basically have whatever comp you like, through adequate/proficient play, and succeed.

Last edited:

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I like aspects of it, but the aspects don't marry well. Requisitions are tedious and obnoxious. It's like adding MMO elements in a single player game that serves little purpose. It's open world, but not really, and the pacing is off, level wise, unless you have your hand held. The hardest part of dragon/boss fights is managing the characters/AI. The war table, while cute, is clunky.

But, I enjoy some aspects of the story/lore. The combat is tolerable. It's gets minorly tedious on nightmare levels, but you can basically have whatever comp you like, through adequate/proficient play, and succeed.

You can always change PC time to skip the timer stuff. You also don't HAVE to do all of the collect 40 bear asses. But they are there so you get fixated on doing them.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Mike Laidlaw has just fucked off from Bioware.

mj-laughing.gif

• 1Like

Sulrn

Deuces

Mike Laidlaw has just fucked off from Bioware.

Good riddance. Guy abandoned what made DA:O great and gave us an unfinished, hollow shell of a game with DA2 and then a continuation of the mediocrity of a patched-DA2 with DA:I.

Can't wait to hear the studio get renamed to EA: Edmonton. EA, you know it's time. Put them to bed.

• 1Like