Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yea, it's only an Inquisition as in the more literal form of the word; "an investigation conducted with little regard for individual rights, a severe questioning." It's definitely misleading.

It's not at all about mages vs templars - the idea is literally EVERY single sphere is having issues. There's a conspiracy in the chantry, Orlais is in the throes of a civil war, the templars have been ousted as being corrupted + having to deal with the fallout of Meredith's actions, we're on the verge of a divine march, Hawke and the Warden are both missing, the Grey Wardens are on the move and all of the mage circles have revolted.

Think of DA:O and DA2 as sort of leading up to the real storm. These things took place because of what is to come, I believe. It was stated that the fact that there are so many issues around the world keeping people from uniting is not a coincidence. You've given some hints in DA2 when they mention things like the fade becoming weak in areas, and demons and other entities being able to touch the world where previously they could not.

"Inquisition" fits as everyone except the Inquisition themselves is guilty until proven innocent, as they are all having issues and are all housing corrupt parties essentially. It is however, sort of impossible to use the word without hearkening back to the Spanish Inquisition, or any other type that revolved around the church.

And also, you'd have to read a fuck ton to understand most of that. It's only fully fleshed out in novels and whatnot. The Seeker of Truth crap with Cassandra was a big part of it.
I appreciate the explanation. I didn't read any of the background being jaded after DA2. The first game was so good that I'm replaying it YET AGAIN. Because I'm sure I'll be buying this day 1.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Personally I think we should up our game to Cocaine and Vita's.
Or ipecac and heroin.

He/she/it posted in the Doctor Who thread which was ENTIRELY absent of trolling and immaturity to chime in that the most popular Doctor of all time was it's least favorite. But *giggles* I'm a gamer girl!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
fake gamer girl post:
Hi I am new here to Rerolled. However I have been a gamer gal all my life. Anyways, When is Dragon Age Inquisition coming out? Also Persona 5 please need more romance scenes with attractive guys thanks lol. <3 Zeveran Allistar Fenris and Anders
real gamer girl post:
(I generally go rogue, so fuck mages forever. Wynne was the only good mage BY GOD.)

RPGs tend to be like pizza for me.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Yea, it's only an Inquisition as in the more literal form of the word; "an investigation conducted with little regard for individual rights, a severe questioning." It's definitely misleading.

It's not at all about mages vs templars - the idea is literally EVERY single sphere is having issues. There's a conspiracy in the chantry, Orlais is in the throes of a civil war, the templars have been ousted as being corrupted + having to deal with the fallout of Meredith's actions, we're on the verge of a divine march, Hawke and the Warden are both missing, the Grey Wardens are on the move and all of the mage circles have revolted.

Think of DA:O and DA2 as sort of leading up to the real storm. These things took place because of what is to come, I believe. It was stated that the fact that there are so many issues around the world keeping people from uniting is not a coincidence. You've given some hints in DA2 when they mention things like the fade becoming weak in areas, and demons and other entities being able to touch the world where previously they could not.

"Inquisition" fits as everyone except the Inquisition themselves is guilty until proven innocent, as they are all having issues and are all housing corrupt parties essentially. It is however, sort of impossible to use the word without hearkening back to the Spanish Inquisition, or any other type that revolved around the church.

And also, you'd have to read a fuck ton to understand most of that. It's only fully fleshed out in novels and whatnot. The Seeker of Truth crap with Cassandra was a big part of it.
aka Flemeth did it.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Nah, I imagine Flemeth is after her own goals, and realizes that the world being demon fucked probably does her more harm than good.

I expect her to pop up trying to take advantage of the situation, but I don't really see her actively causing it. For two games she's been more of the "somewhat ally, often thorn in the side, allegiance hazy" and making her a villain I think would really be a letdown.

She lives no matter what but I didn't even pretend to kill her in DA:O; as much as I love Claudia Black, bitch wanted me to kill Captain Janeway and I wasn't having any of that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
vex is confirmed female. She knows a few people on here irl and I and a bunch of others have gamed with her while in voip

Xalara

Golden Squire
Nah, I imagine Flemeth is after her own goals, and realizes that the world being demon fucked probably does her more harm than good.

I expect her to pop up trying to take advantage of the situation, but I don't really see her actively causing it. For two games she's been more of the "somewhat ally, often thorn in the side, allegiance hazy" and making her a villain I think would really be a letdown.

She lives no matter what but I didn't even pretend to kill her in DA:O; as much as I love Claudia Black, bitch wanted me to kill Captain Janeway and I wasn't having any of that.
Flemeth was made out to be a villain quite clearly in the last DA:O DLC where Morrigan basically states Flemeth had a hand in the Blight and is planning something terrible. Now with Morrigan in DA:I I would put my money on Flemeth being the villain, or at least serving another master.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Flemeth was made out to be a villain quite clearly in the last DA:O DLC where Morrigan basically states Flemeth had a hand in the Blight and is planning something terrible. Now with Morrigan in DA:I I would put my money on Flemeth being the villain, or at least serving another master.
False. Play it again. Morrigan says Flemeth is more dangerous than previously realized and she is connected to the blight; not that she had a hand in it.

In fact, Flemeth gave Maric details and warnings about both the blight and Loghain's betrayal, kept the grey warden documents safe, saved the grey wardens and hawke, and was said to be in contact with many notable people.

Hell, even Flemeth's other daughter calls the ritual Morrigan stopped (the one you can kill her to stop) a gift.

Flemeth is not good; Morrigan says she is dangerous, connected to the blight and wants something more terrifying than immortality. But the main villain would be stretching it. It doesn't mesh with what we know of her. Most of what she would want would require the world not to be demon fucked for her to truly achieve it.

It's certainly possible they make her the big baddie; we don't truly know what she wants, and she has the ability to mingle and twist things to suit her needs.

However, other than Morrigan's cryptic warnings and the fact Flemeth wanted an old god baby, she has been more boon than bane and has done nothing overtly villainous.

So far she's a classic opportunist; she has shady intentions and while she can help if it suits her, I anticipate she'll only make things difficult for you, and hell, maybe you'll even have to kill her.

But we have way more information to suggest brutal shit is going down and it is so much more than Flemeth.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I don't remember the Flemeth/Blight connection at all, what did she say about that?

I never liked or listened to Morrigan, so never heard about Flemeth being involved with the Blight.
Are you gay mate? The tamed Morrigan is the best thing ever, I'd go a long way to hear more of "your desire?".

With that said, the game will be a wreck, somewhat irritating to see people get excited in this thread.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
False. Play it again. Morrigan says Flemeth is more dangerous than previously realized and she is connected to the blight; not that she had a hand in it.

In fact, Flemeth gave Maric details and warnings about both the blight and Loghain's betrayal, kept the grey warden documents safe, saved the grey wardens and hawke, and was said to be in contact with many notable people.

Hell, even Flemeth's other daughter calls the ritual Morrigan stopped (the one you can kill her to stop) a gift.

Flemeth is not good; Morrigan says she is dangerous, connected to the blight and wants something more terrifying than immortality. But the main villain would be stretching it. It doesn't mesh with what we know of her. Most of what she would want would require the world not to be demon fucked for her to truly achieve it.

It's certainly possible they make her the big baddie; we don't truly know what she wants, and she has the ability to mingle and twist things to suit her needs.

However, other than Morrigan's cryptic warnings and the fact Flemeth wanted an old god baby, she has been more boon than bane and has done nothing overtly villainous.

So far she's a classic opportunist; she has shady intentions and while she can help if it suits her, I anticipate she'll only make things difficult for you, and hell, maybe you'll even have to kill her.

But we have way more information to suggest brutal shit is going down and it is so much more than Flemeth.
You read the digital comics didn't you? They were actually pretty good and fleshed out quite a bit of the missing story. They should have made it into an expansion pack or something.

I don't remember the Flemeth/Blight connection at all, what did she say about that?
It is in the Witch Hunt DLC. But it appears that Flemeth is actually part of some sort of Dragon cult.

khalid

Unelected Mod
With that said, the game will be a wreck, somewhat irritating to see people get excited in this thread.
We already have Utnayan, we don't need you getting your panties in a bunch also that people like a game. Just don't fucking post in this thread if the very fact people might like it upsets you.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
It is in the Witch Hunt DLC. But it appears that Flemeth is actually part of some sort of Dragon cult.
Yeah I played that one, but Morrigan mostly made some pretty obscure hints at what Flemeth might be doing. Also, it's not really canon, so bleh.

We already have Utnayan, we don't need you getting your panties in a bunch also that people like a game. Just don't fucking post in this thread if the very fact people might like it upsets you.
Only one upset here seems to be you.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Only one upset here seems to be you.
Nah bro, you are the one that said you were irritated simply because people were excited about a game. Think about that for a second, I mean really stand back and consider what kind of person that makes you.