Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
You read the digital comics didn't you? They were actually pretty good and fleshed out quite a bit of the missing story. They should have made it into an expansion pack or something.

It is in the Witch Hunt DLC. But it appears that Flemeth is actually part of some sort of Dragon cult.
Yea, I did, which is why I tend to think she'll be an obstacle in the future, but not the "end all, be all". Most people don't know about her connection to Maric, and his promise to her for instance.

iannis

Musty Nester
Morrigan is more of a villian than Flemeth is.

Flemeth is just sort of an elder god. Morrigan is neutral evil.

Xalara

Golden Squire
So I went back and checked, and you're right LadyVex. That said, Flemeth is still up to no good
tongue.png

Sulrn

Deuces
khalid_sl said:
Nah bro, you are the one that said you were irritated simply because people were excited about a game. Think about that for a second, I mean really stand back and consider what kind of person that makes you.
I said nearly the same thing (surprise at people excited to hand money to EA/Bioware). I have my reasons and most people here understand or agree with them. That doesn't make me any sort of person but a gamer concerned about the current trend in gaming culture.

So stop stirring the pot and let the thread continue.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nothing wrong with being excited that an outfit with the best resume in RPGs is making a big budget RPG with extremely talented people and some overall goals that are compelling.

What is wrong is pre-ordering DAI before we find out whether it is any good!

Wage

Molten Core Raider
Nothing wrong with being excited that an outfit with the best resume in RPGs is making a big budget RPG with extremely talented people and some overall goals that are compelling.

Where would paying $100 to alpha test it fall?

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I own the CE for DA:O and DA2; I imagine I'll be the schmuck with a CE of DA:I, but my finger will probably be hovering over amazon's cancel button JUST IN CASE.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

CD Project is making the next Dragon Age title?

iannis

Musty Nester
Troika got absorbed into a couple of other production houses.

I believe a few went to Obsidian.

But then I am a raging Obsidian fanboi. Punky. Oh punky. Show my your lips. Right on my fingertips! You're to die for.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I said nearly the same thing (surprise at people excited to hand money to EA/Bioware). I have my reasons and most people here understand or agree with them. That doesn't make me any sort of person but a gamer concerned about the current trend in gaming culture.

So stop stirring the pot and let the thread continue.
I take it more as seeing what Bioware's last 3 letdowns have been in DA2, SWTOR, and ME3 and being irritated at what Bioware has become than being mad people are happy.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't classify SWTOR the same *kind* of failure DA2 was though. I have no problem forgiving Bioware SWTOR, DA2 and ME3... I just can't. Especially DA2, it was clearly phoned in.

Caliane

yeah, but lets be honest. DA:O, ME and ME2 all were pretty shakey themselves. (nevermind Jade empire)
ME was a bit of a perfect storm, where the good outweighed the bad, and it all came together well. the game however, had ALOT of problems. It just held the promise of being a great trilogy, with its world building. the hindsight on that game was amusing. pages and pages of nothing but bitching about the flaws in the game. But in general, everyone still liked it.
ME2 just wavered. The gameplay improved. the story got marginally worse. It took a shift from RPG roots to console shooter. There was a ton of mixed reactions to it.

DA:O was also flawed. Bland as fuck world, art, and story. Balance was shit. The PROMISE of isometric tactical rpg with modular player additions gave everyone chubs. A promise it never really delivered on. And the sequel, just shit on that promise entirely. The best part of the game was the shitty E-dating. something every Bioware game since has focusing more and more on.

khalid

Unelected Mod
yeah, but lets be honest. DA:O, ME and ME2 all were pretty shakey themselves
Pretty much full of shit here. These are some of the most highly reviewed games of all time.

You can bitch about whatever you want, but this kind of revisionist history bullshit where not only must we hate on DA2 or ME3 but we have to go back and try and say the games were all horrible before is just silly.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Btw, thanks Big Phoenix for pointing out Cheat-o-matic. Got me back into ME3 multiplayer. Had maxed out the rares legit but maxing out the ultra-rares just made me quit. Used cheat-o-matic to get some ultra-rares and just spent a few hours killing shit in the multiplayer. The gaming group I was playing with before is still into it, will be nice to have gear equivalent to them again.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
yeah, but lets be honest. DA:O, ME and ME2 all were pretty shakey themselves. (nevermind Jade empire)
ME was a bit of a perfect storm, where the good outweighed the bad, and it all came together well. the game however, had ALOT of problems. It just held the promise of being a great trilogy, with its world building. the hindsight on that game was amusing. pages and pages of nothing but bitching about the flaws in the game. But in general, everyone still liked it.
ME2 just wavered. The gameplay improved. the story got marginally worse. It took a shift from RPG roots to console shooter. There was a ton of mixed reactions to it.

DA:O was also flawed. Bland as fuck world, art, and story. Balance was shit. The PROMISE of isometric tactical rpg with modular player additions gave everyone chubs. A promise it never really delivered on. And the sequel, just shit on that promise entirely. The best part of the game was the shitty E-dating. something every Bioware game since has focusing more and more on.
So you're saying they weren't perfect? Well, ok. DA:O is still probably one of, if not the, best single player RPG in years.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It was good enough to play through like 3 times, but still not up to Baldur's Gate and Planescape.

Then they decided to pander to the hamburgler hepler crowd and that was the end of that dream.