Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Needless

Toe Sucker
DA:O is 5 years old but it feels older than that like Gavinrad mentioned, still entertaining so far though lol
Perhaps i should have went with the PC version but whatevs, i'll stab some bitches with my daggers on my 360

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had heard mages were just super OP with their AoE spells? others barely have a moment to do anything before everything is dead?

Going to start DAO up again as well. Start as Dwarf Commoner? I'm down with racism. lol

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Loading up DA:O right now as well. Thread hype made me do it! Never finished it before so this will be fun.

khorum

Murder Apologist
As with anything that's more than a year old, make sure you get it on the PC. FIVE years means there's probably triple the content for free, some insane passthrough ENB-type graphics mod and a mod to let you romance a pair of boots if you wanted (and mods to make those boots look like eva longoria).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As with anything that's more than a year old, make sure you get it on the PC. FIVE years means there's probably triple the content for free, some insane passthrough ENB-type graphics mod and a mod to let you romance a pair of boots if you wanted (and mods to make those boots look like eva longoria).
My favorite DA:O mod I've probably linked three times in this thread already:
Temple Of Vulak at Dragon Age - mods and community

khorum

Murder Apologist
Prolly more like a "Delayed out of the Destiny Window" now. That game's gonna thin out everyone else's oxygen this fall.

Vaclav

Prolly more like a "Delayed out of the Destiny Window" now. That game's gonna thin out everyone else's oxygen this fall.
The comment they made with the delay included something along the lines of "adding more value to the Hero's choices" - so hopefully some of the ME3 "it doesn't matter what you did" worries are being dealt with doubly over.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Ok so it took them almost FOUR months to rush out that free extended ending DLC that added a few seconds of machinima to the ME3 ending (no, not plural). And that was with their consumers up in arms and the franchise hanging on by the lone thread of the multiplayer coop game.

How much value add should we expect out of the ONE month they're pushing it back?

If you were bored enough to observe the buzz of what"value add" Bioware's been obsessing over,chances are they'd spend that month expanding the branches on the polyamorous man-boy love triangle options. I don't really know how their community manager let their lead writer run wild with thattrain of thoughtfor over a week, but that's that.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
That whole thing is god damn retarded. I don't know if they needed to write a character gay and I don't know if anyone needed to be upset about it one way or the other.

Part of me thought it was cool, because writing a character that way is essentially giving the person more of a background. For example, Zevran, Leliana and Isabela quite clearly show themselves to be bisexual - Isabela is always down for a good time, Zevran doesn't want to narrow his options, and Leliana just wants to find love no matter where it may be. However, characters like Anders, Merrill and Fenris who were bi, aren't ACTUALLY bi. They're just options for both sexes. If you're a guy, Anders and Fenris are gay and Merrill is straight. The former two will never speak of having a straight relationship, and Merrill will never speak of being a lesbian. And vice versa. They just simply start identifying towards whichever sex the main character is. (To the extent that if you're a guy, Anders will say that Karl was his lover, but as a female, Karl was merely a very good friend.)

Having a real gay character is pretty cool, just because he'll always identify that way. You'll never see a swap in the game based on who you are; that character will always be Dorian, written as he is. That's pretty cool from a writing stand point.

The other part of me wonders why it's such a big deal in anyone's minds, and also that my mage can't sex Dorian in that playthrough.

No one will ever be happy though; ME3 was something to be pissed about, this isn't even the same studio and people are going nuts.

Edit: Oh and fuck them for a month delay, dammit. That's right around Far Cry 4 release; at least it was early October, gaw. This is probably worse; while it stretched out the amount of games in October, it placed very long games back to back. Borderlands, Assassin's Creed, Dragon Age then Far Cry 4. I'm going to be glued to my PC.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I haven't done a single mod with this game; is it worth it and how annoying is it to apply them? If I remember it had some kind of downloader?
I remember it being pretty easy, but I've got a high tolerance for bullshit when modding games. It's worth it if you're into difficult fights. Totally unenjoyable otherwise. It's basically what ToV was to the Velious expansion: A zone cram packed full of super tough mobs.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I remember it being pretty easy, but I've got a high tolerance for bullshit when modding games. It's worth it if you're into difficult fights. Totally unenjoyable otherwise. It's basically what ToV was to the Velious expansion: A zone cram packed full of super tough mobs.
Heh, was wondering if that was where the reference came from. Vulak was unforgiving.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Loading up DA:O right now as well. Thread hype made me do it! Never finished it before so this will be fun.
nope

Man I am not picky with graphics but this game doesn't hold up well in any aspect. Which is mostly fine except for the clunky ass controls, Jesus. I played for an hour.

Vaclav

It's definitely used elsewhere as well - Dundalk does around here with their supermushing of words. Probably elsewhere as well.