Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, fucking Hawke and the Warden in this trailer:

Dragon Age: Inquisition Gamescon Trailer

God this is giving me hope. I specifically said what they needed to do was let you recruit your old characters or at least let them show up and jesus, fucking amazing.

Wonder if they retconned the default Hawke then to female.
Don't let it give you any kind of hope. I long for the days of the original Bioware. There is nothing special here with this title. Aside from a 3rd iteration where they figured out they cannot actually copy paste half the game like Dragon Age 2 and expect people not to get pissed off. They have had more bullshit spouted about this game now that it's viral marketing time, and I hope people see through it. Can't wait to see it happen all over again with Battlefield Hardline where they haven't been able to fix server issues since BF2.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'm really hoping they've got their shit together for this. I'm a little frustrated with Bioware's lack of focus recently, but I've derived plenty of enjoyment from each of the ME/DA releases. That trailer doesn't really get me excited though. I'd like to see more gameplay woven in.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Are you ever fucking happy? lol jesus - Its like Hugh Hefner bitching about too many naked bitches walking around.
Ha! Yeah I am jaded today more so than usual. But when it comes to anything EA shits out after everyone worth anything left Bioware, seeing trailer scenes from a game full of more spin and empty promises after what happened with DA2 and the bullshit of the ME3 fiasco, doesn't instill me with any more confidence. Suffice it to say, if this was the original Bioware talent that made the original IP games like Mass Effect 1 and DA: Origins, I would be more excited. People need to realize Bioware is dead and not let anyone think anything else.

Hopefully everyone takes their new marketing spin with a grain of salt, because these guys seem to rinse and repeat failure lately. Also, when I take into account some games I was looking forward to in the IPs (Including Dead Space 3) EA is on my shitlist even more so than usual. Add the BF4 server fiasco and all the grassroots marketing surrounding that, I give it about 1 month until everyone complaining about Hardline being a reskin going away, BF4's notorious quality issues going away, and seeing random praise for a segment of an in game trailer somehow taking front and center again.

It would be nice to see people remember the shit they went through over the last 4 years and not go through the same up and down process they did the last 3 game releases.

With that said, I am looking forward to Silent Hills if that counts.

Edit: Dragon Age 2 was a horrible fucking game, so I am not sure if anyone should be ever happy about it even being launched.

Fadaar

That guy
Sigh might have to do a fresh play through of DA1 + DLC and DA2. Dammit. Good thing I'll be unemployed 2 weeks from today!

khalid

Unelected Mod
All this hype got me into playing DA2 a few days ago. Hit lvl 14 just now, love the combat and many of the characters, hate the reused textures.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Sigh might have to do a fresh play through of DA1 + DLC and DA2. Dammit. Good thing I'll be unemployed 2 weeks from today!
Don't forget the DA1 expansion.

I wonder how many people who were saying they are never going to buy another Bioware game on release after DA2 will now line up to preorder/buy on release day.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All this hype got me into playing DA2 a few days ago. Hit lvl 14 just now, love the combat and many of the characters, hate the reused textures.
Ok so I went back and did this with me3 and I am enjoying it much more now and started the citadel dlc which is nothing short of amazing.

Are the da2 DLCs worth a play though or should I just take the obvious advice from Ut savior of Midgard and tucbro and just say forget it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so I went back and did this with me3 and I am enjoying it much more now and started the citadel dlc which is nothing short of amazing.

Are the da2 DLCs worth a play though or should I just take the obvious advice from Ut savior of Midgard and tucbro and just say forget it.
Don't fall into the hype. Because what Zaphid just said definitely is starting to happen, and after they get burned with this, it will repeat itself again with DA4, all because of the viral hype machine
frown.png
And if you play DA2, or I see you playing it, at all - I am going to boycott playing any games with you on PS4 for 2 days.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't forget the DA1 expansion.

I wonder how many people who were saying they are never going to buy another Bioware game on release after DA2 will now line up to preorder/buy on release day.
Well I don't really believe in the whole "follow a company whatever it does" so makes sense I wouldn't believe in the contrary either which is "never buy anything from a company if they sold you shit before". That said I'll stay cautious, I'm picking up this after the first reviews and impressions come in, not preorder or day1 buy(well potentially day1, depends on the feedback speed). This looks better than DA2, however DA2 also looked good in videos, that's why I'll wait to see, but no point in saying you'll never buy a good game if the company made bad games before. If it's good it's good, if it's not then fuck them. That should be true regardless of what the company did before, good or bad.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well I don't really believe in the whole "follow a company whatever it does" so makes sense I wouldn't believe in the contrary either which is "never buy anything from a company if they sold you shit before". That said I'll stay cautious, I'm picking up this after the first reviews and impressions come in, not preorder or day1 buy(well potentially day1, depends on the feedback speed). This looks better than DA2, however DA2 also looked good in videos, that's why I'll wait to see, but no point in saying you'll never buy a good game if the company made bad games before. If it's good it's good, if it's not then fuck them. That should be true regardless of what the company did before, good or bad.
That's actually a very good point. In addition, Pre-purchases and pre-orders should be abolished (or we all stop doing it) and only buy a game if it's good after we see word of mouth kick in. Thank God we have some people that will jump on the grenade for us.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Plus there was actually a whole lot of signs that something would be wrong with DA2 before it actually released. Remember those combat trailers, where they sort of highlighted how it would be more button mashy than it's predecessor?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I played DA 2 recently and modded the hell out of it. It still has a shit load of short comings even with all the DLC's. Though, I never played ME3 after I beat it so Im clueless about the DLC. I might replay that one.

This DA though? The little bit of game play that Ive seen from it makes it look a lot better than DA 2. The story though? Clueless.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Again don't forget if you can't tolerate 1 and 2 they're gonna have the Keep to do it without playing through.