Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well, Bioware has been known for really shitty decisions.

Can't wait to keep throwing my healing grenades. Yeah that totally doesn't sound fuckin' gay at all. Just picturing some turd in the party saying it over and over.

Healing Grenade!! (lisp)

Healing Grenade!! (lisp)

Healing Grenade!! (lisp)

Healing Grenade!! (lisp)

Caliane

Well, Bioware has been known for really shitty decisions.

Can't wait to keep throwing my healing grenades. Yeah that totally doesn't sound fuckin' gay at all. Just picturing some turd in the party saying it over and over.

Healing Grenade!! (lisp)

Healing Grenade!! (lisp)

Healing Grenade!! (lisp)

Healing Grenade!! (lisp)
To be fair, I'd be ok with a chemist class. Brewer? Potioneer?

khalid

Unelected Mod
But its still annoying to see them, completely turn on their roots, looking for that non-gamer market.
Arguing against bioware hate on this forum is useless, but I don't see what removing healing has to do with trying to attract the non-gamer market. Healing has always been a problem in balancing fights in RPGs. Not saying I want healing removed, just that I don't see how suddenly removing healing makes it instantly more casual.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Arguing against bioware hate on this forum is useless, but I don't see what removing healing has to do with trying to attract the non-gamer market. Healing has always been a problem in balancing fights in RPGs. Not saying I want healing removed, just that I don't see how suddenly removing healing makes it instantly more casual.
Dark Souls neutered healing vs. Demon Souls - apparently it's super casual as a result, khalid.

Yea, it's a weak argument - it makes balance saner and honestly MORE LIKE THE RPGS WE GREW UP WITH - you didn't play a session of D&D and have your cleric saying "Ok, I cast another heal and another heal and another heal" every single round without running out of juice permanently until your party took a long rest. Most fights were about mitigating and controlling damage rather than just ridiculous levels of repairing incredible spikes dozens of times.

I enjoy healing (hell, I played an EQ1 cleric for something like 5 years straight with me still continuing the to cleric often while playing my SK) - but it's not really a "genuine" part of any RP or fantasy world amongst other things to be so plentiful that it's thrown out like water.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Final_Fantasy_%2528NES%2529_Replay_46.gif

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wouldn't doubt Final Fantasy's got that ball rolling. Ultima was somewhat chainable for the ones I can recall though, since it was all reagent based early on too - pain to farm a ton, but theoretically could just farm close to infinite amounts.

iannis

Musty Nester
Sure, there's got to be a better solution to the problems of "healing" than healer classes in automated RPGs. Mostly you have to create an actual RPG instead of a hit-something-with-a-stick simulator. Or you need to abandon the concept of hitpoints altogether and find a different way to represent that abstraction -- which a lot of games do with varying degrees of success. The odds that this current bioware are going to crack that problem are effectively zero. It's hate but it's not mindless hate. They're sticking to the concept of hitpoints. That's all you need to know.

In effect they're getting rid of healing by renaming it "dark healing". Remember whenthiscompany pulledthatone? It's not innovative. It's not a solution. It's not new. It's just dumb.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Keep is up again but they borked some things because of an issue they were fixing. You won't be able to find your customized Warden, but it will pick one that most closely resembles your class/gender/race etc as a placeholder until it gets fixed. (And if you haven't uploaded it in the past it will just ask you to pick a default Warden.) Won't change anything during the testing phase however. (And as an fyi, it DOES import your things from DAO and DA2. It looks like you can change everything once it's imported, and the import merely saves you time, but we'll see. It DID gather all my achievements, DLC and unlocked items so there is that. A few things aren't showing up sadly, like my Signature Edition of DA2 items but meh. To clarify, you can merely get your data to appear in the format on the Keep, not the game.)

Some of the things are a little worrying - there were a few choices I thought would end up being relatively worthwhile to port over, but they aren't asking me to differentiate. (As an example, as a test I picked "Romanced Sebastian" but it doesn't ask whether he became a prince or stayed in the Chantry - but then again, after the Chantry gets blown up the end result may have been him going to Starkhaven period so it's possibly moot.)

And they are of course having issues with continuity. There are a few things that can definitely exist together, or at least did in the game but they keep trying to tell me that they are in conflict and I need to change a decision. I assume they'll fix it later.

Other than that, the only thing that I'm curious about is if there are more choices when it becomes live. There are other things I would have assumed would be relevant in DA:I, but there's no option to even give a nod to it. (Like, how your companions viewed you in DA2, though there is one for Varric.)

It's an ok tool thus far.

Variise

N00b
Ok so they showed off Skyhold today. However what finally broke down my wall about buying this game was a comment made in Part 2 of this video which you can access at the very end of this first video found here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUm6K3AZuN8

Basically Bioware has now confirmed the following stats:
XBone: 900p 30FPS
PS4: 1080p 30FPS
PC: 4k or whatever resolution you want and FPS is unbound limited only to your rig

Happy day!

spronk

FPS noob
i got an email about beta access to the keep, just was able to sign an nda and not access the beta itself but check your mail i guess

also gamestop is selling again the CE version for PS4/xbox one online, no season pass and $160 for a bunch of ugly shit is pretty lame

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
No healing? Just out level everything and gg. Rip through the game by getting level 99 at the river in ff6 with a turbo controller, 1 shot everything and watch the story.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
That just confirms I'll be pirating it like I had been planning to all along.
Ditto. I'll never give Electronic Arts another penny of my money, but I'll happily steal their games occasionally. Fuck EA right in the goatass

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Have they made an official statement on that yet? I know Ive seen it around but it was never confirmed

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Heard too.. googled, and top 10 links all said, "hoax".
So yeah, I didn't look harder for a source.
The "hoax" part that they addressed was the belief that the PS4 was 900p too, but that rumor came from their own devs in a stream, so not so much hoax as misinformation by their own hand. They made a generic statement about the consoles, saying 900p and 30fps.

Then the Assassins Creed: Unity stuff happened, where they said all platforms were lowered to 900p 30fps to avoid debates, fueling beliefs that the PS4 version was gimped in favor of the Xbox One.

The day after Bioware confirmed 1080p on the PS4 and 900p on the Xbox for DA:I, saying they were taking full advantage of all platforms, clearly distancing themselves from the statements from Ubisoft. However, they did not mention an increase in FPS in that statement. So still believed to be 30fps on PS4.

What I personally think happened.

- Game originally intended for 900p for smooth gameplay. PS4 being able to handle higher resolutions, but maybe with some dips in FPS vs constant dips in FPS on the Xbox at that resolution. As a direct result of the backlash against Ubisoft and to gain from it in a marketing perspective, they released the PS4 1080p "we take full advantage!" statement. Possible result of this, higher resolution PS4 port, but at the cost of a less stable performance compared to the Xbox version.

I will get the PC version.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm assuming this will require Origin to play? If so, I'll be pirating it as well.

Fadaar

That guy
Despite how much I hate having to run more shit on my PC Origin isn't that bad

*prepares for angry mob*