Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Am I the only one who feels like the 'intended' romance options always feel trite for the sole reason that they are so obvious and planned?
Yes. Bioware is pretty obvious about it in their games, maybe I'm just used to it from ME2, DA2, ME3 and recently swtor. They're all the same and they don't add anything to the game.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's what Tuco said combined with the next poster being annoyed that his ugly dwarf was romancing Morrigan.

It's lazy ass coding, and/or the inability to want to offend any demographic. They showed in DA they can put the time and effort into making racial choices matter (Who can be King, dialogue, magic, etc..) but they didn't bother doing any of that with Romance. All you have to do is give your love interest Phat Lewtz. And no one in ME2/ME3 is turned off by your face looking like a cracked walnut with magma underneath it, or the decisions you make for good or evil (renegade).

It's really become fucking retarded. I want to see Miranda say "Uhh Shepard, I wouldn't fuck you with Tali's dick. Go see a dermatologist."

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Haha. They'd have to have a system where players rated your character's face and that determined your romance chances.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's really become fucking retarded. I want to see Miranda say "Uhh Shepard, I wouldn't fuck you with Tali's dick. Go see a dermatologist."
You can't risk offending ugly people.

rrr_img_75854.jpg
(Robbaz)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Haha. They'd have to have a system where players rated your character's face and that determined your romance chances.
That's an idea.

But more specifically I meant the people who left their face cracked and went Renegade in ME2 without the reconstructive surgery.

I can see Garrus hitting that, he's a wreck. But Miranda? Nah.

spronk

FPS noob
25% off on PC at GMG use the giant code in the middle of the page ($45). I'm prob gonna play on PS4 tho since you can buy for $48 at Best Buy (GCU discount) and trade in for $40 2 weeks later.
25% off Selected Titles

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Had a guy at work offer out 5 beta keys for this today, not sure where he got them. Have they had sign ups? I haven't been following to closely and I want to go in fresh so didn't ask for one + destiny when I actually have time

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You sure it was Beta keys for this game? I don't know anything about a beta for Bioware games.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I don't believe there's a beta for this game at all

edit; and I'm not sure why there would even be one tbh

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Apparently there is actually a beta for the web app that lets you upload and edit your old saves.

BTW 9I47I9-ZOM38L-ZGV9KW is the gmg voucher, it doesn't copy it for you, and it doesn't tell you whether those are 1s or Ls or Is or whatever.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He was pretty specific that they are beta keys but somewhat vague where they came from.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It's lazy ass coding, and/or the inability to want to offend any demographic. They showed in DA they can put the time and effort into making racial choices matter (Who can be King, dialogue, magic, etc..) but they didn't bother doing any of that with Romance. All you have to do is give your love interest Phat Lewtz. And no one in ME2/ME3 is turned off by your face looking like a cracked walnut with magma underneath it, or the decisions you make for good or evil (renegade).
I did something weird in DA:O and Leilana totally friend zoned me despite all the gifts she received.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I played(and loved) the first DA. I played a few hours of the second, but never finished it. Should I even bother? Isn't there some website or app that will let me run through the story options for both of the first games to import into this one? When is that available?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
You probably were too far along in someone else's romance and then handled it wrong when she confronted you about it.
Nah it wasn't anything like that. I think it was just a bug, I think her "unique special" gift could be given to her too soon and gum up the works. It was both interesting and frustrating.

I dunno, I could really take or leave the romance stuff. In ME2 I never gave the broken wing chick the slightest of interest and she raged all over me for leading her on when I didn't want to bed her ass.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dunno, I could really take or leave the romance stuff. In ME2 I never gave the broken wing chick the slightest of interest and she raged all over me for leading her on when I didn't want to bed her ass.
Well that is kinda realistic actually.