Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
To be fair, it does seem weird to live there and not have the ability to read it or a translation resource on hand. You probably are a fraction of a fraction of their potential sales there.
I dare you to learn Kanji
smile.png
A decent translation program does not exist for it either.

Or, the company could do the sensible thing, and allow people to change the language and not lock it by region. They do the same stupid shit in countries in Europe. Locking it to one language even if the country speaks more than one. Some countries are locked to languages that aren't even the countries official language.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What's funny is they have a language option at the bottom, but it only has one option.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
You can actually change your regional settings if you log into your account (if you actually have one). Agreed though that not letting you change that stuff easily is pretty dumb these days.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
You can actually change your regional settings if you log into your account (if you actually have one). Agreed though that not letting you change that stuff easily is pretty dumb these days.
That only works for the Origin client. It does NOT work for the store, or the website

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Dragon Age 2 mystified me since I really thought they had a cool thing going with Origins as it seemed to be a nice origin story for your hero. At the end you feel pretty badass, but then realiE you only stopped a minor incursion in one province and the bigger questions of what is going on with the world are left unanswered.

For DA2 I was thunserstruck by how the start was rehashed from DA:O even down to meeting Flemeth etc and then shunted off to this other city with characters I didn't give a rats ass about. Never managed to get very far in it despite trying to play a few times.

I think I have more hope than expectations with respect to this title, and most of that is based on Bioware panels at PAX and meeting with people who really liked 2 rather than anything I've witnessed myself.

Variise

N00b
That only works for the Origin client. It does NOT work for the store, or the website
Email them and tell them to fix it. If nobody complains they won't ever fix that shit. Honestly that sounds like a horrible design decision or it's in there and not working... like the ME3 store. Fuck you EA. Fix your stupid in-game store! /sigh

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dare you to learn Kanji
smile.png
A decent translation program does not exist for it either.

Or, the company could do the sensible thing, and allow people to change the language and not lock it by region. They do the same stupid shit in countries in Europe. Locking it to one language even if the country speaks more than one. Some countries are locked to languages that aren't even the countries official language.
I wasn't excusing it or implying it's easy, but it must regularly get in the way. Even if it's something like making a bilingual friend.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Email them and tell them to fix it. If nobody complains they won't ever fix that shit. Honestly that sounds like a horrible design decision or it's in there and not working... like the ME3 store. Fuck you EA. Fix your stupid in-game store! /sigh
There's literally hundreds of posts complaining about it on the EA forums and various EA game forums back to 2009. They honestly just don't care.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I wasn't excusing it or implying it's easy, but it must regularly get in the way. Even if it's something like making a bilingual friend.
No, it doesn't get in the way in the slightest, except with EA. Why would it? I can just imagine asking a friend over to my place every time I want to install an EA game so they can translate for me. That doesn't sound like an imposition at all.

You really are making excuses. They suck. End of story.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not fond of EA, but considering how much language assistance I needed even in Germany with 4 yrs under my belt, I imagined Japan was similar or worse.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Japan has something like 2000 kanji you have to learn before you're done with school and 5k if you want to be considered 'well-read' and a total of roughly 50k. To make it worse half of them sound the same since Japanese has such a restrictive alphabet (hiragana). It's pretty retarded, even if you're a native thus the invention of furigana (subscript that tells you how to pronounce the rarer Kanji).

/themoreyouknow

khorum

Murder Apologist
The more I see of this game the more schadenfreude I get from what is essentially "Dragon Age:Skyrim Won". I was just planning on seeding this torrent for a year, but maybe I'll actually mount it and give it a shot.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Utnayan you are way too upset about a systemic issue. No one person or even small group of people is causing the issue you're pointing out. A company needs to make $... so they publish garbage to fund themselves for their next risk/endeavor
I would be fine with that if they took risks. They don't. And flipmode you are correct. I even admitted to me doing it as well in my posts. Even though I try not too. I fall victim like everyone else. Not this time though. This season we have options. And this pile of lying laidlaw button mashing hype fest can sit in the corner while countless other games should take the spotlight.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ut, you really don't have a leg to stand on with the "wasting your money/time" soapbox. You're as guilty as anyone of us you're railing on for buying bullshit and stopping gaming from progressing. I recall TESO and your PS4 stints pretty clearly. Lead by example and stop gaming or stfu. You're like a drug addict railing on other addicts as if you're better than us.
This shit don't stink. Well said.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
ME3 was pretty amazing, i just reinstalled it yesterday actually to do another playthrough. I thoroughly enjoyed the MP and wish it had a pvp component into it, would have been pretty tits.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
People who preorder this game deserve to be let down, but after the latest buzz it might not be terrible! I'll play it in a few months probably after ArcheAge.