Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Haha 200kbps.

Anyone playing this on nightmare (or whatever the hardest difficulty is) ?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Haha 200kbps.
whoops. That was my phone correcting me. 180-200 kb/s
tongue.png

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Might have missed it but are people already playing? When I try to launch the game it says its not available until tomorrow.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, after like 3 hours in the character creator, I think I'm ready to play.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Played this for around 4 hours now, think I spent 3 of them (hardly entered Hinterlands the first big zone) in the first area you can probably get past in 20-30 minutes. Spent 20 minutes exiting and entering an inn getting codex for songs, there are apparently 20 in the game. All voiced "bard" songs.

My tiny review / first impressions

- Put everything on ultra, and started it. Smooth, no lag. Seems well optimized. Looks really good. They've started being able to have high detail without going "plastic".
--- I like their face customization. Somewhat similar (though less in depth) as the Archage one.

- Voice acting is good. But while not thinking about it, my character turned out like the main character from AC 4, and I think the voice actor is the same too. So far the audio, including voices seems well done.

- Lore and codex all seem well written. Read them all so far.

- I started on Hard, but thinking about upping it to Nightmare. Had a few characters die during the initial tutorial boss, but you can combat rez, so no wipes yet. The game does not level up with you though, and has areas with varying difficulty. So wander into the wrong area, you will die. No amount of swapping to tactical view will change that as you will hit for 1hp vs much higher mobs.

- Tactical mode does have its uses though, especially if you play a ranged. If you play as a mage (I am), if you open with the attacks, entire packs will aggro you before the tank can aggro them. When there are multiple ranged npcs in those groups, they can fire off 2-3 attacks before your warrior gets a taunt off. This can eat off 50% of your hp within a few seconds of the fight. So, get the charge ability for the warrior and open up fights from the tactical menu with a charge from the warrior followed by a shield with the mage can be really beneficial. You don'tneedto do it, at least not so far on hard, but there are benefits of using the tactical view. Once the combat has started though, it hasn't been that useful yet. Though as stated, very early in the game, so figure there will be mobs later with more than just basic attacks that require more attention in terms of combat. So far it was been like UT said. Hold RT + use abilities once they are no longer on cooldown.

- Size seems very large with lots of exploration. Lots of items to pick up, so the "must pick the flowers" part from Skyrim is back.

- Scope of itemization seems lowered. Only a head slot + armor slot. Then 4 accessories (2 rings, 1 amulet and a belt). Then two weapon slots. They've taken this part down to the bare minimum. However, the crafting system appears to be very in depth.
Danger of having a limited inventory tough is that if you get a really good item, it can be ages for you to get an upgrade, which puts a dampening effect on the loot based aspect of the game. IE: Pre-order items in the game are much better than anything I've gotten in the first 4 hours, so most loot turns into vendor fodder.

Overall experience though, very enjoyable. Can see myself spending many hours in this game. Already apparent that it is vastly superior to the sequel which I have been replaying for the past week.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Seems like games for the most part are starting to get away from the good loot-I-tang that make all of us get hard outside of D3 type games which lack any game play. Sad from my perspective
frown.png

Also, god I miss the old M&M games where shit was hard but if enemieis were XXX levels ahead you didn't just hit for 1; let the people that try hard to have at least a chance to fight even if the odds are heavily not in their favor. Hard coded level gap caps and "ilvl's" in MMO's/games are like my biggest complaint anymore. It makes everything seem so damn artificial and on rails.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm suddenly worried about the longevity of this games multiplayer because I remembered that a major part of what kept ME3 multi fresh was the new classes. They started with 18 classes and ended up with 59. That shit was easy to come up with in a sci-fi setting, but are they really going to be able to do the same in a fantasy one? The 9 different Sentinel classes all played fairly differently from one another, and I wonder if there's really enough room for enough unique variations on 'Fantasy Warrior', 'Fantasy Rogue', and 'Fantasy Mage' to make this still fun to play 100 hours later.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They can do like Grey Warden and Chantry Templar and stuff like that.

It'll be harder though. ME3 just had so much good lore to draw from.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I'm getting the echo sound from the voice actors during the cutscenes so i need to have subtitles on. Anyway to fix that?

And the occasional crash from time to time is so fuckin annoying, gotta fix that shit asap!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I haven't crashed yet. Took me 5 restarts to make a character that didn't look homely from various angles in cutscenes. Still looks like shit in the gameworld though, probably no fixing that.