Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anyone have any Rift Mage gameplay videos? Trying to decide between Knight Enchanter or Rift Mage for the rest of my Nightmare playthrough.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
getting application was unable to start 0xc000007b....if anyone knows a fix it would be appreciated!

Column_sl

shitlord
The game really doesn't open up till quite a bit later once you get to the end of the first act (you know when you get there). It's definitely a very slow burner considering all the shit they added in.

Doing the tempest quest for my archer but I can quite find how to "gather materials for a smoke bomb" yet? Anyone know how to go about this. Some of the quests in this game are a bit obtuse. There is so much to do in this game, I feel overwhelmed but in a good way.
Yeah, I agree. Progressing through now, and it's quite good

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Note - on the WarTable you really need to put points into the top option for Inq perks - If you read it unlike me you will be L21 and regretting putting so much into secrets!

So far the hardest encounter was doing the L23 dragon at L20, he calls out so many dam adds its ridiculous - Also i second what Pyros said, alot of games are $60 and turn out to nott be worth it(like Destiny!. However its been ages since ive actually had long gaming sessions of 6-9hrs at a time playing anything.

My Archer tosses killer skittles, which makes this amazing, i think on my second play through i will try a 2hd tank type.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does anyone have any Rift Mage gameplay videos? Trying to decide between Knight Enchanter or Rift Mage for the rest of my Nightmare playthrough.
From what I was reading, Knight Enchanter is super broken and basically immortal, so kinda ruins the game, though not sure if it's people on nightmare complaining. But basically, you gain too much barrier from hitting shit so nothing can actually kill you. I don't know about rift mage but it looked pretty good with the aoe pull thing to stack a bunch of mobs into an aoe, and the focus ability seems like it'd do retarded damage so good for killing bosses quick.

XXEXX what do you mean top option btw? Isn't secrets pretty nice to have high enough for the deft tools whatever thingie to open those doors?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
From what I was reading, Knight Enchanter is super broken and basically immortal, so kinda ruins the game, though not sure if it's people on nightmare complaining. But basically, you gain too much barrier from hitting shit so nothing can actually kill you. I don't know about rift mage but it looked pretty good with the aoe pull thing to stack a bunch of mobs into an aoe, and the focus ability seems like it'd do retarded damage so good for killing bosses quick.

XXEXX what do you mean top option btw? Isn't secrets pretty nice to have high enough for the deft tools whatever thingie to open those doors?
Top option at the table is Soldiers, or Forces or something i forget since i obviously didnt pay attention to it - However out of ALL the locked doors ive opened ive gotten 1 purplse and 1 blue? The rest was bullshit - However building up the top option gives you rare schematics which are decent, but more importantly it allows you to build up your meter beyond level 1 - and since i didnt realize that im L21 with only 1 level of it allowed.

Ah its Forces -

Inquisition Perks - Dragon Age Inquisition Wiki Guide - IGN

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh yeah the focus related stuff I was planning on getting that, just thought I'd get deft hands first since focus is fairly late into the game. What you're saying is there's not enough points for both? Like what's your inquisition level atm?

Like stuff I wanted was, 1potion slot, forward scouting(apparently shows shit like logging sites and what not on the map), the focus upgrades and deft hands, then inventory slots as fillers(or maybe earlier depending on how annoying it is).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Oh yeah the focus related stuff I was planning on getting that, just thought I'd get deft hands first since focus is fairly late into the game. What you're saying is there's not enough points for both? Like what's your inquisition level atm?

Like stuff I wanted was, 1potion slot, forward scouting(apparently shows shit like logging sites and what not on the map), the focus upgrades and deft hands, then inventory slots as fillers(or maybe earlier depending on how annoying it is).
I think there is enough for both, but i also spent points elsewhere prior to knowing all of this sooooo yeah lol. I think i can grind out 2 more perk points, maybe 3 before the game ends, but only 2 dragons left and they give the most per kill. Inventory slots are kinda a pain but once you stop picking up white gear its not as noticeable really.

Ive run into quite a bit of bugs, nothing serious but enough to give me a headache at times. Luckily tho ive yet to crash even once, but ive been forced to restart due to certain bugs making me stuck in a chat conversation during a cutscene.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man just started blackwalls quest

Dang really did not see that coming! What a shock! I was going to skip the other quests to do the final step but now I am going to go through all the character quests if they are this good.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
After Full Completion of Here Lies the Abyss:

Who the fuck was going to off their Hawke in that scenario? I mean, if I had kept Alistair a grey warden that one would have been way more difficult, but with Stroud as the grey warden in my playthrough? No contest.

I got there and literally said out loud, "Who isn't going to pick Stroud?"

Also, not sure who said it, but logging/stone camps aren't random - they are static, and there are a few maps people have been making with key locations, but as it's only been out for about a week it's obviously not filled in. It's obvious though that certain areas would yield more - Hinterlands is more woodsy and Western Approach is full of stone so there ya go. I know Hinterlands has 4 logging camps, but I now need one more bloody god damn stone and I am scouring everywhere. I've only hit like 4 areas so far though so I'll accidentally run into one soon too.

The extra friends shit they added in has been really cool, but the romance stuff is pretty lol worthy. There's so much of it too - every time I go back I do my rounds and I'm being pulled into another cutscene. Like woah, end of the world, keep that shit in your pants.

Well, maybe. Whatever, getting naked is sort of required for end of the world shit.

Dragon fights have been awesome, very raid boss worthy. It's been fun using geography in this game to your advantage, which is something that wasn't possible before. Archers above dragons? Entire party underneath outcroppings? Done and done.

I got a bow that causes enemies to exploded for x amount of weapon dmg, so I've been having a blast centering stuff and destroying it.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
As Pyros mentioned, if you take the Forward Scouts perk in the secrets section, every logging camp/quarry will be marked on your minimap upon entering an area. Made finding that shit really easy.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I wish they would just downright say how many perk points you get. I hate having to lose out on shit.. tho I took 3 of the 4 talking perks and deft hands already. I'm gonna pick up forward scouting or whatever and then probably focus on the Forces. I have yet to kill any dragons so hopefully I have enough influence to throw around still.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
As Pyros mentioned, if you take the Forward Scouts perk in the secrets section, every logging camp/quarry will be marked on your minimap upon entering an area. Made finding that shit really easy.
Shit, I missed this in the deluge of posts. Thanks for pointing this out; I think someone mentioned it earlier as well but didn't confirm.

I put 2 pts into inq perks, 1 into connections, 5 into secrets and 1 into forces, but I don't think it was that one. There's an achievement for level 10 inquisition, so I would assume they anticipate capping out around then. None of the perks really seemed worth it other than that specific one - I took all the inventory ones because I can't break the Planescape habit of picking every thing up because it will be relevant later on. (Well, any old RPG really.) Does that sound about right? I pretty much picked for quality of life than anything else.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Top option at the table is Soldiers, or Forces or something i forget since i obviously didnt pay attention to it - However out of ALL the locked doors ive opened ive gotten 1 purplse and 1 blue? The rest was bullshit - However building up the top option gives you rare schematics which are decent, but more importantly it allows you to build up your meter beyond level 1 - and since i didnt realize that im L21 with only 1 level of it allowed.

Ah its Forces -

Inquisition Perks - Dragon Age Inquisition Wiki Guide - IGN
Pretty sure you need Deft Hands to finish Blackwall's quest.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Who's the Arcanist if you didn't send Dagna to the circle?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wish they would just downright say how many perk points you get. I hate having to lose out on shit.. tho I took 3 of the 4 talking perks and deft hands already. I'm gonna pick up forward scouting or whatever and then probably focus on the Forces. I have yet to kill any dragons so hopefully I have enough influence to throw around still.
Doesn't seem like there's a cap - the 6k+ each item vendor for influence has sooooo many that you could grind it out infinitely there alone I'm sure. (I just hit 10 and got the achievement with a TON left to do in Act 2 myself)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I'm 32 hours in and just got to Skyhold, and I doing it right? lol