Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ME3 was redeemed by that multiplayer. I guess Bioware didn't make great cash selling the blister packs in it or we'd be inundated by sequels and DLCs and spinoffs of ME3's multiplayer by now.
That was some of the best multiplayer I have played in a while.

Raign

Golden Squire
Yep, anyone who missed out on ME3 multiplayer missed out on the best part of the game. And this is coming from someone who actually loved the single-player part of it including the much maligned ending.

I have some hopes for this one too, but Bioware hasn't been batting a 1.000 in some of their later releases (DA:2 for example...), so not getting them up too much.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I actually bought and enjoyed all the ME3 DLC's but I still spent easily 20x the hours in multiplayer. The Citadel DLC that wraps up all the storylines and companion loose ends was probably the best sendoff for any franchise and should have shipped with the game for free. But as much as I loved the characters and locales in ME3 I really really wish Bioware would keep Dragon Age from becoming just as over-curated and linear.

It seems the opinion on this depends on how immersed you got into Dragon Age Origins... people who couldn't get far into DAO universally want Bioware to turn DA in to a "Mass Effect in Westeros" whilst people who got invested into their origins storyline (Dwarf commoner for life) generally want a more expanded, open-ended game.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I actually bought and enjoyed all the ME3 DLC's but I still spent easily 20x the hours in multiplayer. The Citadel DLC that wraps up all the storylines and companion loose ends was probably the best sendoff for any franchise and should have shipped with the game for free. But as much as I loved the characters and locales in ME3 I really really wish Bioware would keep Dragon Age from becoming just as over-curated and linear.

It seems the opinion on this depends on how immersed you got into Dragon Age Origins... people who couldn't get far into DAO universally want Bioware to turn DA in to a "Mass Effect in Westeros" whilst people who got invested into their origins storyline (Dwarf commoner for life) generally want a more expanded, open-ended game.
I can remember what I hated about the most current iterations of DA and ME, but not as much about what I liked. (I never did the MP, so I missed out I guess.) I know I enjoyed them, but the shit I disliked apparently had a bigger impact. Where as, I can look back at the earlier versions of those games and remember what I liked. Regardless of how they take the game with linear or open ended, I know Ill probably enjoy it for what it is. I just hope that the shit I dont like doesnt out shine the rest of the game.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
ME3 Multiplayer is godlike. I hope 4 continues the trend. Almost looking forward to see what they do with MP in 4 more than the single player.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
IIRC, the team that made ME3 multiplayer is the team developing ME4.
Eh? I thought they're the one's working on the "Other Mass Effect Project" - remember there's ME4 and "Another ME Project" in the works right now or something like that.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I for a long time hoped - and still do - that one of these Mass Effect projects was a Mass Effect MMO, though with how 3 ended I am not sure how you continue the story or even the world post-Shepard. Prequel? Something concurrent with his story? They could have easily had that end in a Shepard sacrifice to defeat the Reapers and left themselves with a rich milieu, rife with all kinds of tensions still, to plunder. Instead they went full retard. While Bioware was laughed at - and rightfully so - for the fuckery that was SWTOR's launch, it ended up being a pretty decent game and I would play another Bioware MMO if one came down the pike. Well, I would play it 3-6 months after launch.

God willing they learned their lesson about endings from ME3 (which I am still salty about years on) and will leave the door open at the end of DA:I for the show to go on in some way, shape or form. Or at least end it on a worthy note.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If they do a ME MMO it'd better have the same exact mechanics as ME2/3. No weak ass turn-based targeting mechanics.

I played ME3's MP for hundreds of hours but I doubt I'd enjoy ME4's MP since it'd probably be the same gameplay I'm tired of. I went back to ME3's MP a few months ago (after not playing it since a month after release) and got through like 10 maps before I was bored enough to uninstall.

The biggest thing I miss was how good I was and how easily I could carry a team in gold =\

Needless

Toe Sucker
I never actually finished/played through DA:O/Awakening & DA2

Worth going back and playing over the next couple months before this drops?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm

I would say absolutely, if only to get yourself re-acclimated back to the world in a way that just reading the wiki doesn't match. Especially if they are going to be bringing back relatively obscure characters from those games to play another role.

DA2 is kind of a slog, and it suffers from an ending that, while not quite as stupid as ME3, still feels extremely phoned in as compared to DA:O, which could have many, many outcomes depending on how you made decisions, your char, etc. DA2, it all kind of gets washed away in an obvious copout/reset to prepare for 3. It still has some awesome moments, however, that merit a quick revisit to get mentally ready for Inquisition.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I would say absolutely, if only to get yourself re-acclimated back to the world in a way that just reading the wiki doesn't match. Especially if they are going to be bringing back relatively obscure characters from those games to play another role.

DA2 is kind of a slog, and it suffers from an ending that, while not quite as stupid as ME3, still feels extremely phoned in as compared to DA:O, which could have many, many outcomes depending on how you made decisions, your char, etc. DA2, it all kind of gets washed away in an obvious copout/reset to prepare for 3. It still has some awesome moments, however, that merit a quick revisit to get mentally ready for Inquisition.
Werd, I think i'll go back and play through them just because i've been fiending for this kind of game to play. It's either that or go more "oldschool" and girl that divinity game a whirl

I figured this series since DA:I is coming soonish though

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider

There is a pretty cool feature they are building - I forget the exact name - but it is basically a timeline editor that allows you to review and select major decisions from past series, giving you an opportunity to see more about past events and setting up your game world in a particular way. That will be a much more interesting and interactive way to get the info that is basically available on the wiki. Not saying you shouldn't play DA:OA (I personally hated DA2 with every inch of my being, so I can't recommend it) but from a lore perspective there are other avenues.

Raign

Golden Squire
Werd, I think i'll go back and play through them just because i've been fiending for this kind of game to play. It's either that or go more "oldschool" and girl that divinity game a whirl

I figured this series since DA:I is coming soonish though
I loved DA:O and Divinity. Frankly, you can't go wrong with either. That said, if you already own DA:O, play that first and by the time you beat it, you can likely get Divinity cheaper. DA:2 though, I would just Wiki it and call it a day.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
There is a pretty cool feature they are building - I forget the exact name - but it is basically a timeline editor that allows you to review and select major decisions from past series, giving you an opportunity to see more about past events and setting up your game world in a particular way
They call it The Keep. I think I read something that they'll be releasing it a bit before the actually game launches so people can get their saves just right. It's still in beta right now, and from what I've seen it's very thorough with all the choices you can make from DA 1 and 2 but if Mass Effect was any indicator, none of it will matter. The ending will probably be The Maker who looks exactly like Connor from Redcliffe and you have to sacrifice your Inquisitor to either destroy the Black City, merge with it, or control it, thus ending the fade tears.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I loved DA:O and Divinity. Frankly, you can't go wrong with either. That said, if you already own DA:O, play that first and by the time you beat it, you can likely get Divinity cheaper. DA:2 though, I would just Wiki it and call it a day.
I was kinda thinking of that too, I recall when i tried to get into DA2 i couldn't really stomach it which is why i never finished it lol
I'll play through DA:O and see how i feel after that~

Thanks brosephs