Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Scarhand

Trakanon Raider
The reason I'm buying this over FarCry 4 is that DA:I is on Origin and those EA fucks will never lower their price while Far Cry is on Steam and I'll be able to buy it half off in a couple of months.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
The reason I'm buying this over FarCry 4 is that DA:I is on Origin and those EA fucks will never lower their price while Far Cry is on Steam and I'll be able to buy it half off in a couple of months.
Hah so true.

I'm still pretty meh about this. Doesn't look all that special. DA2 had a ton of hype until it came out and flopped so hard. Not to mention the Keep shit couldn't find my DA:O or DA2 save info, which makes me even less interested.

Taryk

Molten Core Raider
Far Cry 4, AC:Unity, and The Crew are not on Steam right now. Could be a screw up or Ubisoft could be going the EA route.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Far Cry 4, AC:Unity, and The Crew are not on Steam right now. Could be a screw up or Ubisoft could be going the EA route.
They must have pulled them because Far Cry 4 was on there long enough for me to add it to my wishlist.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
There was a popup advertisement to last minute preorder AC:Unity like 2 days ago for me.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
The games are back up and listed now on steam. At least for na anyways; I'm not sure if it's up for eu.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I never did play Dragon Age 2, so this is completely a question for the board. I have seen comments that DA2 is better than DA:O because on a console controller - DA2 is a far superior game in the sense that DA:O was pretty stank on consoles relative to the PC from a control standpoint. Is there any merit to the notion that both games have a similar quality of content/story, but depending on your input device of choice that may sway your opinion? I hate origin, haven't played a new bioware game since ME2/DA:O.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I think the biggest gripe on Console Vs PC for DA:O was the top down camera functions. If memory serves, weren't the camera functions with the console versions locked while with the PC you had isometric?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's been so long but I don't think it was a big deal. Also there was no hamburger helper Anders. A+++ game.

I think the biggest gripe on Console Vs PC for DA:O was the top down camera functions. If memory serves, weren't the camera functions with the console versions locked while with the PC you had isometric?
there was also the option on the PC version to setup different parameters for your party members to perform a predefined action based on the parameters you entered eg chuck a large health potion when below 50% or use ability x on any enemy with a mana bar
don't know if that existed for consoles but optimizing the behaviour of your party was a pretty huge deal to unfuck them

supertouch_sl

shitlord
You couldn't pause and issue commands the same way you could on PC. You had to open a menu for each character and it wasn't nearly as sophisticated as the PC version.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It amazes me that some of you are such clueless sheep. I know we are all starved for good games, but paying this company and these people for this horseshit, is not the way to get games to be better. Time and time again all of you (And myself a lot of the times) fall for the hype marketing bullshit and never see the bigger picture of realizing that this industry has become nothing more than spinsters. DA2 should have been the first lesson, yet, here we are again. Just like the MMORPG scene where everyone thinks the next biggest thing is right around the corner, falling to deaf ears of yesterday's bitching. I often wonder if this industry will ever climb out of the rut it put itself in. This game will be the pinnacle of button smash boredom. Sold on a story due to Bioware's name with none of those people even with the company that made the name to begin with, with a publisher that realizes they can pull the wool over all of your eyes because Knights of the Old Republic was very well done, ages ago.

I long for the people of the original Bioware. And I wish they would form a new company, not sell out, and make new games. Because * That * would be something to get excited about.

It's fucking sad.

Trust me when I say this. You will all be disappointed. And then it doesn't mater. It will all continue. With the same tired diatribe of "We learned our lesson. Trust us this time" and the grass roots viral shit and pre-launch marketing hype vanishes all rememberance of the last time you were all had. Until they do with this IP, and the next IP, EA bought, to wiggle out as much profit as they can and kill it like they do everything. And as long as people keep buying it, they have no reason to change. And if we don['t buy it, they will make their same scapegoat excuses they always do and either the IP dies off, or the company dies off, without anyone being held accountable to the mess they put themselves into.

My sole wish - if I could do anything, would be to start a group of people so pronounced that we would hit them where it hurts. By boycotting all of it. A leader of the pack where no one can be bought off, where we all hit them where it hurts to say we have all had enough and won't buy this tired shit any longer. Which will do one of two things. Either force them out because they suck and cannot create, or get them to all sit down and worry more about a new creation rather than how they can play crowd control from the last fuck up and lie their ass off to get the next sale.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Come on now, he went to a promo event with "exclusive" access to the game. He HAS to say it's good no matter what; why are you guys so easily impressed by some guy on youtube with 30 minutes of experience in the game.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
^^ Thank you. And while no one trusts game sites anymore, what they don't understand is the same shit is happening with viral streamers who make their living off making sure publishers are pleased. Sure, Angry Gamer made his rant known with Destiny, after everyone bought it, to gain credibility off the shit we already knew to begin with. Gamespot didn't even put up a review of Evil Within until 2 weeks after the launch window because they were told not to if they had anything disparaging to say and Bethesda holds the cards with press coverage for pre-launch hype of TES: Black Marsh, which obviously generates large amounts of web hits for cash for those sites, so they protect their dollars.

For Fuck's sake. Open your eyes. Good post Bytes.