Dragon Ball Super: Broly (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Dragon Ball Super: Broly (2018)

Tagline: Three Saiyans directed by fate... an uncontrollable urge to fight.

Genre: Action, Animation, Science Fiction

Director: Tatsuya Nagamine

Cast: Masako Nozawa, Ryou Horikawa, Bin Shimada, Ryusei Nakao, Banjou Ginga, Toshio Furukawa, Aya Hisakawa, Takeshi Kusao, Kouichi Yamadera, Masakazu Morita, Katsuhisa Houki, Ryuuzaburou Ootomo, Nana Mizuki, Tomokazu Sugita, Tetsu Inada, Naoko Watanabe, Takuya Kirimoto

Release: 2018-12-14

Runtime: 101

Plot: Earth is peaceful following the Tournament of Power. Realizing that the universes still hold many more strong people yet to see, Goku spends all his days training to reach even greater heights. Then one day, Goku and Vegeta are faced by a Saiyan called 'Broly' who they've never seen before. The Saiyans were supposed to have been almost completely wiped out in the destruction of Planet Vegeta, so what's this one doing on Earth? This encounter between the three Saiyans who have followed completely different destinies turns into a stupendous battle, with even Frieza (back from Hell) getting caught up in the mix.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Got my tickets for Monday. Looking forward to watching Dragonball in the theatre instead of how i've spend the majority of my childhood viewing on a computer monitor. Although, the Dragonball Super subs each Sunday was a blast and was some TV hype I hadn't experienced in awhile. :)

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I saw this today, its easily the best DBZ movie made - its also just a great movie in general. The mix of action and comedy youd think it was a Marvel created film.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really? Cause I always thought Broly fucking sucked as a villain and his THREE movies were by far the worst of the original run of DBZ movies.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Really? Cause I always thought Broly fucking sucked as a villain and his THREE movies were by far the worst of the original run of DBZ movies.

They were. This isnt.

Watching it on Imax in 45 mins. Single night only for imax. Even get a poster. Fuckin eh.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Fucking awesome.

Saw it in SD. In terms of animation quality it's the best of all the movies (that I've seen), hands down. A lot of stylization you haven't seen before, like the first-person segments. CG wasn't distracting. Literally Fanservice the Movie.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Nah man - i just went to see it because i thought it would be interesting to see how hes introduced into the storyline and normalized - However the shit was just fuckin tits and the only thing i disliked about the movie was the crazy japanese voice in the background during the fight scenes saying their names.

• 1Solidarity

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Nah man - i just went to see it because i thought it would be interesting to see how hes introduced into the storyline and normalized - However the shit was just fuckin tits and the only thing i disliked about the movie was the crazy japanese voice in the background during the fight scenes saying their names.

The tribal chanting of "Go Broly, Go Broly" "Go Gogeta, Go Gogeta" was really weird and didnt seem to fit the movie...but I think I'll need several more viewings to make up my mind.

That moment when Gogeta flips blue and that crazy scene transition hits....like holee fuck.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I much prefer the blue power up in the movie to the popcorn blue power up in super, they actually "power up"

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Yeah. They brought back a bit of the howling transforms, but the transitions to blue were really well done.
That one moment before Goku goes Blue, when his hair flipped white for a moment made me think UI!?!? For just a moment anyways.
I hope what they say is true and that this art style is what they will use when Super comes back.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got tickets to see this in 90mins... and in 9 hours. Way beyond hype for this!

First showing over. Echo what other people say...it's everything you want out of a Dragonball movie and more. Can't wait to see it again tonight!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Back from seeing this, good shit. Enjoyed Goku's last line of dialogue nod to the old movies.

The fight music just chanting names was kinda weird.

My inner thirteen year old is pleased.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Movie is available in the usual places online with either Japanese or English dialogue with subtitles. Good quality.

edit: So, they ret-conned a fair amount of movies (3 or 4) -- I know they weren't canon, thought it was an interesting way of them doing things. Overall, pretty damned good movie. I would say this and Dragon Fist movie were the best.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Inque

FunEmployed
This one references the tournament, yes. The movies were always loosely based on the series, you'd see Fusion or power ups occur that made no sense but were referencing power levels at that point in time in the series (ex: Gotenks Fusion vs Bio Broly), or when you saw Gogeta in the original movies vs Janimba resulting in Vegeto during the Buu battle.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database