Dragon's Dogma 2

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You return to the main town and jump in the hole?

Yeah, I did all that and then beat the Seneschal guy, only to find out I got stuck into another playthrough. So I started up NG+, leveled and played BBIsle some more then took out Daimon. Now its just "play more to farm better gear for no real reason" game. Not looking to break my balls on the RNG just for +better stuff.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah, I did all that and then beat the Seneschal guy, only to find out I got stuck into another playthrough. So I started up NG+, leveled and played BBIsle some more then took out Daimon. Now its just "play more to farm better gear for no real reason" game. Not looking to break my balls on the RNG just for +better stuff.
Cool yeah that whole area is like a giant boss rush and fun to do at least once. Only reason to play again now would be to try out a new party build, everyone gets meteor AOE this time! :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
New class looks neat, I guess replaces the melee version of magick archer so they focus magick archer more on well, actual archer, since in DD1 magick archer(and strider which is the "rogue" class) are hybrid dual dagger+bow classes.

Game looks great, nothing groundbreaking new but that's fine cause all DD needed was more content. Love that they didn't go with the usual cope out of making night "blue light day" and kept the dark as fuck nights. It felt really cool to not actually see much and have to plan excursions around time of the day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Edit: Better video that's just the presentation and includes the launch date trailer at the beginning.

Looking good so far. Release date date is 3/22/24

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Couple more videos, scripted big boss fight thing, looks a bit like Shadow of the Collossus but likely will just play like Monster Hunter World's Zorah Magdaros with the cannons and shit. Other is story stuff but the sidequest looked pretty neat with the elves.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's definitely grimdark but damn it looks real good, cant wait for march!

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I'm hyped for this game and it will be a Day 1 purchase for me, but I did think that Talos was probably the least threatening giant monster I've ever seen. I mean, it didn't even swat at the player/minions or really do anything except lumber around and throw a cinematic spear at a fake destructive wall. Kinda silly but I'm all in so who the fuck cares.

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm hyped for this game and it will be a Day 1 purchase for me, but I did think that Talos was probably the least threatening giant monster I've ever seen. I mean, it didn't even swat at the player/minions or really do anything except lumber around and throw a cinematic spear at a fake destructive wall. Kinda silly but I'm all in so who the fuck cares.
Well I think the idea is you need to kill it before it destroy whatever city it's going for so it makes sense it's kinda just speeding through and you try to stop it, it has no reason to take its time killing random people on the way. Ultimately this looked very gimmicky so hopefully it's a one off(or maybe a couple at most).

They did show more stuff in the full video, there was some warrior gameplay where he climbs on top of a Drake and smash it in the head and that looked way more like what you'd expect in DD and a lot more fun. There was a short Sorc demo too where he gets fucked up by a Dullahan, and then go double cast meteor with a pawn(so at least the double casting thing and meteors are still in which is great).

Also showed the new Trickster class, which is a kinda puzzling choice of making it a support-y class which uses mirages to distract enemies(and maybe do some dmg but likely not much dmg) as well as buff your pawns. I thought Mage suffered quite a bit in DD1 cause so many skills were support oriented and supporting your retarded pawns wasn't the most fun thing so Sorc just ended up being the better caster by default, but maybe this time they won't suck as much ass, or there's more to Trickster, guess we'll see.

Anyway very hyped about the game cause I wouldn't have minded another DLC for DD1 in the first place, just want the same combat(more or less) and more monsters/areas to visit, don't care if the story is shit or if there's some weird ideas as long as I can play the game with half a dozen fun classes. Hopefully they deliver on at least that, it shouldn't be too hard since Capcom has plenty of talent when it comes to action combat.

• 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One thing I didn't like this video is they let you use items with apparently no "cast time" which sounds cheesy as fuck. In both Souls and Monster Hunter, using a potion/flask will force you to drink it, meaning you can't just heal whenever you want, but in that little video the guy at some point opens his inventory mid fight then uses an herb as his character is knocked on the ground, and that feels like it'll make it really hard to die other than one shots and stuff(there's also a dpad shortcut version so you don't have to do inventory mid combat but yeah).

Other than that looked pretty good, definitely early game fight so pretty easy overall, and the players while not completely mentally challenged like some other IGN stuff wasn't particularly good either, but there were some nice stuff. Pawns looked more helpful although you'll still see them doing stupid shit like not attacking, but they looked very proactive about buffing and healing and moving bodies and stuff which I think is good. Someone said Warrior didn't have enough/any hitstun on their attacks like in DD1 though, wonder if that's gonna be an issue, guess will have to see.

I wanna see nighttime stuff too, in DD1 night was actually dark as fuck which was a really nice change from the usual "day with dark blue filter" stuff most games do. Running around the fields at night time without a torch means you barely saw anything, and the torches created a nice feeling of limited safety since they only lit up a small area and everyting else would still be dark as fuck.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I recently came into possession of a ps4 copy of the first. It’s up on the list for soon. But I’m curious is this a weird version of souls like or more like an action oriented dragon age? Or none of the above

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I recently came into possession of a ps4 copy of the first. It’s up on the list for soon. But I’m curious is this a weird version of souls like or more like an action oriented dragon age? Or none of the above

That's a pretty good question. I played this through last year and I'd say it feels somewhere in between Dark Souls and Dragon Age. Its has a lot of the RPG elements of DA, but definitely had more action like Dark Souls...but never quite "closer" to one or the other. Somewhere in the middle? Its an enjoyable game when you get going. It has RPG stuff but it doesn't feel weighed down by them. It has action combat but its not like you're chopping away at the enemies forever like a Monster Hunter game.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Only relation to a souls game is it can be brutal but fair and without a guide you can miss important and powerful stuff.

way more action RPG once you get some levels.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd say it's more "generic" than a souls. If you've played Kingdom of Amalur for example, this kind of stuff. Has standard quests with side quests and all that, less punishing than souls, combat is more action focused. The big selling points is the classes being fun and nice to play with a good variety of playstyles and fighting large monsters in a "party" with NPCs and letting you climb on the monsters so you can go hit them in their stupid face instead of just whacking at their legs.

It's a bit janky but a very fun and enjoyable game imo, like more something you can just relax and kill some big monsters in a couch rather than be stressed some piss soaked hobo is going to jump scare you into falling to your death for the 14th time in the past hour. I do love Souls but sometimes you just want to not think too hard about killing stuff.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Dark Arisen is still best addon/sequel to a base game imo - shit was dark and fun as shit to explore. Sadly DD came out around time everyone was going crazy over Skyrim. Imo this was far more enjoyable but everyone has their own taste in that regard.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This and Stalker 2 are the main games I am looking forward to for at least the first half of the year.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users