Dragon's Dogma 2

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Cant wait, DD1 and especially Dark Arisen are among my favorite games.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
looks awesome but apparently runs at max 30 fps on consoles and is not frame capped so people are saying 20-30 fps is pretty common. probably a game you will want to play on PC or not at all.

but then how good is the pc port is the big question

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Poor frame pacing usually means that the fps is like 30-50, not 20-30. That's why he says VRR on Series X can save it, since the Series X can go all the way down to 30Hz*. Assuming you have a LG C3 or similar TV anyway. Most TVs and monitors are closer to the PS5's shitty 48Hz on their VRR range's low end, so it'll just be bad all around. Hopefully they come to their senses and implement a capped setting before release.

*-Not 100% sure, but I thought this only applied when running in 120Hz mode as well. IIRC 60Hz mode has a 40Hz low end for VRR, which won't be a whole lot different from the PS5 version.
but then how good is the pc port is the big question
It has denuvo, so that's a hard pass right out the gate imo.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm glad I didn't pre-order it. I won't play a game sub 60 frames anymore. Get with it Capcom.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure I'll have a frame rate unlock on PC within a day of release.

Laughs in PC.

• 1Worf

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I expect greatness with its dark atmosphere on an OLED. No way would i play this on anything but PC anyway. I remember repurchasing DD1 when i picked up my old CX48 just to do just that. However DD on PC had a ton of issues so didnt last beyond an hour and some before refunded. If we're lucky Capcom will not release DD2 in the condition DD1 was in on PC.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm sure I'll have a frame rate unlock on PC within a day of release.

Laughs in PC.
It's not capped to begin with, that's what they're saying. They'd rather have a cap and stick to that rather than have it fluctuate, but even then it runs pretty poorly on consoles so even a 30FPS cap might not help since they dip to 20 pretty frequently. With a good PC it should be better but it does look like it won't run particularly well based on their recommended specs. Will likely have to axe some stuff to make it run at 60 but if I can do that that's fine.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am really looking forward to deep dicking this.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
A little worried about the lack of "indoor" footage. No dungeons, caves, etc. Most of what I've seen is all outdoors fighting big monsters.

They had some really great places to explore in the first one. I'd like to see what they have for the 2nd game, but I can't recall seeing anything of substance yet.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
A little worried about the lack of "indoor" footage. No dungeons, caves, etc. Most of what I've seen is all outdoors fighting big monsters.

They had some really great places to explore in the first one. I'd like to see what they have for the 2nd game, but I can't recall seeing anything of substance yet.

This is something I've never thought about but you're right. The indoor areas in Dragon's Dogma are exceptional. Compared to Final Fantasy XV, it's a night and day difference.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

They did show some caves in the recent previews, but the current demo they had access to was very restricted which is why everyone has the same footage. I'd be pretty surprised if there's no actual dungeon considering the first game basically only had dungeons and a fairly empty overworld connecting them. They just haven't shown much content overall, probably to keep a lot of things as surprises. It's possible they're just hiding the fact they have nothing in the game but like, I don't know how the game would get greenlit for release if all they had was a couple of overworld zones and a few bosses, that makes no sense, makes more sense they just don't want to reveal much as a surprise for people, imo. Even the first game trailers and stuff only show mostly overworld stuff(griffon fights, goblin fights and such) as well as the dragon fight.

It's kinda like the class stuff, I feel they're still keeping a lot of it hidden, a lot of these classes look like they have even less skills than in DD1 not even accounting for multiple weapons in 1, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bunch of advanced skills you unlock at higher vocation levels they just haven't shown. In fact I really hope they do cause otherwise it's gonna be a bit bland in terms of class progression and I'll likely focus on Warfarer.

Some of the things they've shown look great though. One of the previews I watched had some really interesting bits, they were showing night time(well not even night time but like dusk in a forest/cave) and it's just like the first game you can't fucking see shit which is great imo for immersion, have to use torches and the skills light up the area and stuff. Camping is an important mechanic and on top of the previously mentionned advantage of healing your unrecoverable health and the obvious advantage of making time advance so you can skip the nights, apparently you can also change vocations at camps, which is going to be great if you want to use one for one quest and another for another quest or if you want to grind some vocations at a good spot(first game you had to haul ass all the way back to the capital everytime you wanted to switch stuff, wasn't that bad in Dark Arisen with the cheap TP and tons of portable stones but in the original it was ass).

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Most of the "dungeons" in the original were end game content, like the Everfall. Bitterblack Isle doesn't count because it was an expansion. There was that random cave connecting a path under the mountain but other than that I don't really remember much indoors stuff.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There wasn’t much indoor stuff in the original, but the later release that included the expansion had it. A lot of people that played it later may not realize they were separate due to how they eventually bundled them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There wasn’t much indoor stuff in the original, but the later release that included the expansion had it. A lot of people that played it later may not realize they were separate due to how they eventually bundled them.
I mean there's indoor and indoor I guess, but I definitely disagree with that, the first game was almost exclusively stuff indoor with only a few things outside other than travel time from one "dungeon" to another and early game progression. The Shadowfort(orc/goblin fort), the Watergod's Altar(cyclops fight), the Ancient Carry(tunnel with several trolls, serves as a shortcut), the Everfall(the stuff under Gran Soren with the Beholder), the Catacombs(lots of undead), Soulflayer Canyon(massive caves with the suspended bridge fight and stuff), the Bluemoon Tower(gryphon fight) and the Greatwall(bunch of cultists) are all pretty much "dungeons", although some of them have parts that are outdoor(in the sense that you can see the sky, they're still within the confines of the walls of the area basically). Then obviously the endgame dungeon and the DLC isle are more dungeons, but even in the main world it was mostly "dungeons" stuff took place in.

• 1Like