Dragon's Dogma 2

elidib

Vyemm Raider
no steam preload, gonna have to wait until release time to download and install it.

ghd63a0dps941.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Preload on Steam is a pile of shit, at least anytime I've had it work it wasn't worth it cause it took like 40-50mins to decrypt the files and it would have been faster downloading it again. If your internet isn't good though it does suck.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, as long as the servers aren't on fire and your download speed is decent, it's usually faster than decrypting.

Generally liking what I've seen from reviews, the only major complaint being performance issues. I'm not going to be able to hold off on this. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few hours in this evening before work.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Id wait months more for pc before i touched it on console

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
If anyone playing on steam wants to do pawn sharing, feel free to add me: 80009943 (friend code)

Cybsled

Is there a good resource on character creation examples being shared and inputs to get those results?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm currently at work and somewhat limited on trying to watch videos and shit explaining this, so can someone please explain the whole pawn thing to me, sharing, etc? Like, can you just browse pawns or do you have to know codes like the above, and do they have the characteristics that the creator gives them or what? I own the original DD but apparently only played it for like half an hour years ago, so I have no fucking clue what is going on. I bought this game because why not, but I honestly have no idea what is going on with the pawn stuff. I get that they are sort of like the bots you could hire in EQ (I forget the name they had), but now I see people sharing them so I'd like to know how that works. Is there a benefit to sharing them, or to only using your own, or what?

Thanks in advance!

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm currently at work and somewhat limited on trying to watch videos and shit explaining this, so can someone please explain the whole pawn thing to me, sharing, etc? Like, can you just browse pawns or do you have to know codes like the above, and do they have the characteristics that the creator gives them or what? I own the original DD but apparently only played it for like half an hour years ago, so I have no fucking clue what is going on. I bought this game because why not, but I honestly have no idea what is going on with the pawn stuff. I get that they are sort of like the bots you could hire in EQ (I forget the name they had), but now I see people sharing them so I'd like to know how that works. Is there a benefit to sharing them, or to only using your own, or what?

Thanks in advance!
You get one pawn that you design yourself. Then you can go to a summoning stone and summon up to two (premade by Capcom?) and player made pawns. In DD1 they came like five at a time and you either hire them or send them away and new ones come to replace them. I sent them away until I got a class/look I liked and then hired them.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Thanks in advance!
You build up currency called RC (Rift Crystals) while playing that is used for crafting, getting items and hiring pawns. Pawns are autonomous NPC party members you can issue behavior commands to. You can put your premade pawn out there for sharing, if someone decides to hire yours you gain RC, like they’re hiring them for a job. The first game had sharing communities that would coordinate sharing, advertising their pawn. I’m guessing this game will have communities like that too if you want to get into it. It isn’t necessary to do the sharing, just a bonus.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Is there a sweet spot for weight?

I tend to enjoy playing small agile characters, so I made like a 60 weight rogue girl that I like to look of. I'm now seeing in videos that your overall height affects your walk and run speed, your hitbox, and your range with weapons. And that your weight impacts how much you can carry, stamina, stamina regen, and an encumbrance system. Basically, it looks like having a fat 7 ft tall character is much more advantageous from what I've seen.

Is there a sweet spot people should aim for, something like 90 weight minimum to not gimp yourself or something? I can't seem to find a concrete answer on that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I tend to enjoy playing small agile characters, so I made like a 60 weight rogue girl that I like to look of. I'm now seeing in videos that your overall height affects your walk and run speed, your hitbox, and your range with weapons. And that your weight impacts how much you can carry, stamina, stamina regen, and an encumbrance system. Basically, it looks like having a fat 7 ft tall character is much more advantageous from what I've seen.

Is there a sweet spot people should aim for, something like 90 weight minimum to not gimp yourself or something? I can't seem to find a concrete answer on that.
I personally didn’t notice much of a difference with different body sizes in the first game, not enough to consider it gimping yourself one way or another. There are benefits for being lightweight and short too. Just play what you want imo.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

It's kinda balanced, there might be a sweet spot for a specific vocation/situation, but not really a "this is the best and everything else sucks" kind of thing. Bigger chars have advantages like higher total stam(or did in DD1 at least), faster movement, more encumbrance(which in turns makes it easier to stay in the lighter encumbrance categories with gear on, so you can retain the fast animations without being naked) while smaller ones have faster stam regen and less stam lost when climbing, plus smaller hitbox. But ultimately stam is kinda whatever as you can just spam mushrooms or whatever gives stam in this game so the encumbrance part is arguably more useful but needing less stam consumables also means you'll have less encumbrance, so yeah balances out.

Reach is almost irrelevant from the tests I've seen, it does seem to affect run speed a fair bit but run speed over longer distance will largely be affected by stam regen for sprinting anyway so again should balance out(also Thief can probably still spam their movement skill to move faster than normal sprinting and that's not affected by size).

I'd say it's better to just design the char you want to play and not worry too much about the minmaxing especially since the requirements will change if you change vocations. You can also redo your char ingame, can buy reset stuff with Rift Crystals, it seems to be limited ingame but not sure if the limit resets when you go NG+ or what. If on PC obviously you'll just be able to cheat more of them and just redo your char as you like anyway.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah, DD1 was never great as an RPG. It's just one of those games where the oddities and jank make the good stuff more enjoyable.
Exactly this, and kind of the reason Im not particularly interested in jumping right into this. Will wait for a sale.