Dragon's Dogma 2

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Why are you all repeating this shit? They sell one (1) waypoint stone in the store. That does not make any difference as you need a consumable (ferry stone) to fast travel, they are not selling those. Unless I am missing something every reddit idiot is spewing this misinformation.

Again, notice the inability to address a concern many players seem to have in favor of addressing the concern one wants to presume they have because there is a preloaded dismissal.

The actual, underlying concern is the game launched with confusing or underhanded decisions that seemed to go against the stated intentions of the game design.

How does your point even address that? It doesn't really.

And quite a few sources have said the consumable portion was made available, but it doesn't really matter.

And people don't want to care about it, but they do care a lot about the noise and outcry and shit. Know how shit goes viral and widespread? By one group having questions and the other shouting anything and everything down. It creates the type of dissonance and outcry the people who helped perpetuate them condemn as needless.

The funny thing is over and over I've simply tried to explain why people are upset or annoyed. First they were confused and had questions. Then they were dismissed and told their confusion wasn't valid and their questions weren't answered. That's when you get a shit storm.

Meanwhile, despite my repeatedly explaining why one "side" of the situation had the perspective they did, the responses were of course to falsely attribute my perceived personal beliefs into an argument I wasn't having because that was the easy, preloaded dismissal.

It's a microcosm of the bigger situation, and unsurprisingly always ends up the "side" that helped create a shit storm then bitches about the existence of the shit storm.

Truth is, I'm just long con programming some of you fuckers into eating bugs. You'll deny eating bugs is anything but a conspiracy, then freak out on the people concerned about it when it starts going mainstream, which will cause a shit storm. Then you'll be so bothered a shit storm is happening you'll defend and eat the bugs out of spite to show it's no big deal and certainly doesn't warrant all the bitching and whining.

It's just one bug, stop bitching about everything! Crunch crunch.

• 3Like
  • 1MegaNeg
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 6 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I think I need to buy it soon to just piss off people more. I planned on getting it at release but think I'll wait until I get bored of PoE's new league. Maybe they can patch a little performance by then, but I doubt it.

You haven't bought the game? I have it on good authority you shouldn't be allowed an opinion on the game. Reported!

The idea you're rationalizing buying the game because you think it'll somehow piss people off? What in the fuck? Who do you think gives a shit? LOL, but actually kinda sad.

I'll show you whiners! I'll eat even more bugs!!!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fucking AI bots.

Edit: BTW theres such things as sarcasm and irony.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Yeah I haven't even bought this game yet but the weird amount of disinformation surrounding it is ???

Social media continues to be a mistake

Is anyone seeking to confirm this? Several sources have said the consumable is also available. Easy thing would be to simply confirm the information.... Instead of agreeing with people on a Internet message board as you condemn internet social media and claim things are disinformation.

Keeping in mind misinformation is people being wrong. You're saying it's disinformation, as in intentionally wrong information being spread like there's some conspiracy involved.

You don't seem credible.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Fucking AI bots.

Uhuh. Sure. Don't make an argument. Don't make a point. Don't ignore me or the topic, which is perfectly respectable since most people are probably just playing the game or not. Instead: Lash out. Does that ease your dissonance? If so, I'm envious.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is anyone seeking to confirm this? Several sources have said the consumable is also available. Easy thing would be to simply confirm the information.... Instead of agreeing with people on a Internet message board as you condemn internet social media and claim things are disinformation.

Keeping in mind misinformation is people being wrong. You're saying it's disinformation, as in intentionally wrong information being spread like there's some conspiracy involved.

You don't seem credible.

I can confirm that while the port crystal can be obtained in the store (which allows you to set a point on the map to teleport to) the ferry stone required to do the actual action of teleporting in game is not for sale.

Not to say they cannot add ferry stones in later but for now they are not for sale.

Attachments

• IMG_4173.jpeg
    IMG_4173.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone running it on a 5900x with a 3080 or similar system? How does it perform at 1440p?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone running it on a 5900x with a 3080 or similar system? How does it perform at 1440p?
Running a 5800x with 4070, runs great out of town but in town I'm 30-40 fps.

I would think that 13th gens and am5s can get over 60 fps in town

I should also say I crash a lot. It's gotta be on them. Even checked memory and adjusted timings. To the point I couldn't POST and said fuck this.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I should say alot of crashes is like 3 in a 6 hr play session, not a crazy amount but enough that it's gonna piss you off.

It was more but seemed to go down after I verified game files.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It seems there's some issue probably with some hardware or some drivers or something cause some ppl seem to crash a lot but most(based on how many ppl are complaining about crashes) don't. In case of I'd try updating drivers and also fiddling with video options and what not see if it helps. Personally I played 20hours without a single crash, often 6+hours in a row without reloading.

Also important thing in general in case someone didn't pay attention, don't ignore inn rests.

Inn saves are separate saves from the autosave and your only recourse if your autosave gets bricked for a reason(quest state bug, autosave moments before unavoidable death, get stuck in geometry kind of thing). You then can only reload from an inn, so if you haven't saved there in hours, you're fucked. Also loading an inn save instantly deletes your autosave regardless, so you can't hop on it to "check something out" or whatever, even if you don't autosave your autosave is gone(unless you do a manual backup before loading and then replace the save files). So basically anytime you're in town, hit the inn, and don't go for too long adventures without going to an inn. Kinda wish camp saves worked too but they don't. Also if you get a house that counts as an inn save.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
It seems there's some issue probably with some hardware or some drivers or something cause some ppl seem to crash a lot but most(based on how many ppl are complaining about crashes) don't. In case of I'd try updating drivers and also fiddling with video options and what not see if it helps. Personally I played 20hours without a single crash, often 6+hours in a row without reloading.

Also important thing in general in case someone didn't pay attention, don't ignore inn rests.

Inn saves are separate saves from the autosave and your only recourse if your autosave gets bricked for a reason(quest state bug, autosave moments before unavoidable death, get stuck in geometry kind of thing). You then can only reload from an inn, so if you haven't saved there in hours, you're fucked. Also loading an inn save instantly deletes your autosave regardless, so you can't hop on it to "check something out" or whatever, even if you don't autosave your autosave is gone(unless you do a manual backup before loading and then replace the save files). So basically anytime you're in town, hit the inn, and don't go for too long adventures without going to an inn. Kinda wish camp saves worked too but they don't. Also if you get a house that counts as an inn save.
I was wondering about the house. Good to know. Inns are a ripoff.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I randomly ran out to a mage wandering around a field since my mage pawn was getting a few levels behind. It ended up being Hatorade Hatorade ‘s pawn. Pretty cool. Hired her and have been doing bad things to her ever since. Sorry Tessai.

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Running around at night…ogre drop kicks me out of no where…grabs the women and sprints into the darkness… zombies show up mid fight because I am getting bodied and kiting it around. The goblins and some wolves join in…the wolves knock me down and drag me 100 yards away to more wolves!!! Ogre catches up to me while I am on the ground being chewed on and slams everyone into oblivion…

I am level 10…40+ is gonna be fantastic. For those that didn’t like the combat y’all need to see some more encounters…

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have a 5900x and a 6700XT and I'm running fine at 1440p with FSR 3 on. I'll occasionally dip below 60 FPS in town, but it's very short most of the time. Out in the wild I'm pretty consistently over 90 with graphics set to "high". Game looks great to me, but I'm also not a 240 MAX REFRESH RATE Andy either and have never really noticed much gameplay difference in high frames outside of some FPS/shooters.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
For those that didn’t like the combat y’all need to see some more encounters…
I just wish there was a fucking way to camera lock behind me, rather than just a "camera center" button. I'd enjoy the combat a lot more if a camera lock existed. I don't even care about enemy lock, I just need the fucking camera to stay centered behind me at times without having to mash right stick.

I'm really enjoying the game, but the camera system in this game is fucking atrocious. Especially the zoom/FoV. Typical Jap trash.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like