Dragon's Dogma 2

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't crash today, don't think they patched anything and I didn't change anything. Who knows.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finally unlocked Trickster so started giving this a try(especially since I reached rank 9 Thief), god the vocation is awful at low rank. Like rank 1/2 you're borderline fucking useless, luckily even doing random shit encounters in the desert area gives a ton of xp/vocation points so you get to rank 3 in like 4-5 encounters of bandits/desert goblins, then you get the attack buff for your pawns and it starts making more sense. The pawn buff should have been the lvl 1 skill tbh, as you can't contribute anything to boss fights until you have it(well can get smaller mobs to attack it but need to have some alive around).

On the flipside the class feels like a very strong "tank" so far, as it's very easy to get everything to aggro on your ghost and just drag it around while your pawns fuck everything else up. You can also quickly dispatch important/strong mobs by sticking the ghost on them which makes every monster around attack them. It's pretty interesting so far, still need to play it more, doesn't help that I also switched my mage vocation at the same time so she's low rank atm(doing archer stuff since she hit rank9 mage and didn't want to waste the points).

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is anyone seeking to confirm this? Several sources have said the consumable is also available. Easy thing would be to simply confirm the information.... Instead of agreeing with people on a Internet message board as you condemn internet social media and claim things are disinformation.

Keeping in mind misinformation is people being wrong. You're saying it's disinformation, as in intentionally wrong information being spread like there's some conspiracy involved.

You don't seem credible.
You are a retard who has clearly not played the game. I am actively playing it this weekend. Here are the facts, at least at the point in the game I am at.
You can buy Wake Stones (waste of money), Rift Crystals (even more of a waste), and a one time starter pack thing in the store. Nothing that affects gameplay in any meaningful way (or cannot be farmed in game) exists on their money store. The in game use of Rift crystals is for Cosmetic Resets, cosmetic eye glasses, and AI mods for your pawn. You don't need any of that shit and unless you are hiring pawns massively above your level, you won't even spend Rift Crystals at all. The end.

Now general review from PS5-
The good:
Has not crashed once and while framerates drop at times it never gets unplayable.
The game is massive, especially compared to the original. So much to explore, its fucking ridiculous.
Retains most of the original gameplay with a few tweaks, so if you liked the first one at all you will like this one.
Game is more challenging in the early parts than the first one, but not in a frustrating way.
Pawns are extremely helpful if they have been used in the same quest or area by someone else.
Story is actually fairly decent and well thought out.

The Bad:
The main QoL upgrades from Dark Arisen are nowhere to be seen (unlimited Ferrystone WereRU?).
The game is stingy with gold and everything is expensive, including simple inn visits and basic supplies. Game is filled with money sinks and no real way to farm gold fast.
The game is beyond dark at night to the point of frustration if you are fighting a fast large enemy like the Minos or Griffon.
No in game reference to explain what the various icons in the game actually mean.
One save slot can suck it. In the clamped economy I cannot afford to experiment with the other classes because I can't afford the extra gear.
Vendors can now be murdered by mobs and if you want them back, pay a wakestone.

The Ugly:
Quest Log and Inventory are pure aids.
Pawns love to leap to their death for no fucking reason, especially when you are almost to your goal after traveling to an objective for over an hour.
Who fucking thought no target lock was a good idea? Especially with how dark it is at night? I mean I am kind of used to it, but on a controller its really annoying.
Agro on the main character is insane. I literally spent ten minutes running for my life from a Mino who completely ignored the three pawns damaging him without having done one thing.
Four skill slots is not enough and there is zero excuse for changing it from eight in the first game.

Overall, having fun but its grindy in a way that the other one was not. Initial impression is an 8.5 but I need to complete the game to judge it fairly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ogre by the river.
Had to fight it 4 times because of horrible pathing. The last try we both fell in the water while stabbing its head at the very start. I spawned back by the bank with exp but no way to loot the corpse and quick save happened right after ogre death.
oh well

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My friend was over using out 3d print lab watching me play and laughed his ass off at this death. I am rolling with a sorcerer. Fucking Mino attack in the middle of the night, He launches me nearly one shotting me. I run like a raped ape to get clear and heal and some random goblin that never spawned in the spot before or since pops up and whacks me once and then swings behind his back without looking to finish me off. Fucking goblins.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My friend was over using out 3d print lab watching me play and laughed his ass off at this death. I am rolling with a sorcerer. Fucking Mino attack in the middle of the night, He launches me nearly one shotting me. I run like a raped ape to get clear and heal and some random goblin that never spawned in the spot before or since pops up and whacks me once and then swings behind his back without looking to finish me off. Fucking goblins.
This is why i love the game haha. Everything until youre OP is a mission. Its not like a Souls game, its just....hard to explain until you play it yourself.

• 1Like

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
ajeuz1yfj5qc1.png

LOOK ARISEN - FENTANYL! 'TIS A MOST POWERFUL DRUG INDEED!
BEWARE ARISEN - POLICE! THEY ARE WEAK AGAINST VIDEO!
ARISEN, I CAN NOT BREATHE!

• 18Worf
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 20 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking minotaurs are my bane. Those fuckers charge me and one shot me and I'm always out of stamina when I need it most. I love sorcerer but I wish there was some more spells. The animations are awesome.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You are a retard who has clearly not played the game. I am actively playing it this weekend. Here are the facts, at least at the point in the game I am at.
You can buy Wake Stones (waste of money), Rift Crystals (even more of a waste), and a one time starter pack thing in the store. Nothing that affects gameplay in any meaningful way (or cannot be farmed in game) exists on their money store. The in game use of Rift crystals is for Cosmetic Resets, cosmetic eye glasses, and AI mods for your pawn. You don't need any of that shit and unless you are hiring pawns massively above your level, you won't even spend Rift Crystals at all. The end.

Now general review from PS5-
The good:
Has not crashed once and while framerates drop at times it never gets unplayable.
The game is massive, especially compared to the original. So much to explore, its fucking ridiculous.
Retains most of the original gameplay with a few tweaks, so if you liked the first one at all you will like this one.
Game is more challenging in the early parts than the first one, but not in a frustrating way.
Pawns are extremely helpful if they have been used in the same quest or area by someone else.
Story is actually fairly decent and well thought out.

The Bad:
The main QoL upgrades from Dark Arisen are nowhere to be seen (unlimited Ferrystone WereRU?).
The game is stingy with gold and everything is expensive, including simple inn visits and basic supplies. Game is filled with money sinks and no real way to farm gold fast.
The game is beyond dark at night to the point of frustration if you are fighting a fast large enemy like the Minos or Griffon.
No in game reference to explain what the various icons in the game actually mean.
One save slot can suck it. In the clamped economy I cannot afford to experiment with the other classes because I can't afford the extra gear.
Vendors can now be murdered by mobs and if you want them back, pay a wakestone.

The Ugly:
Quest Log and Inventory are pure aids.
Pawns love to leap to their death for no fucking reason, especially when you are almost to your goal after traveling to an objective for over an hour.
Who fucking thought no target lock was a good idea? Especially with how dark it is at night? I mean I am kind of used to it, but on a controller its really annoying.
Agro on the main character is insane. I literally spent ten minutes running for my life from a Mino who completely ignored the three pawns damaging him without having done one thing.
Four skill slots is not enough and there is zero excuse for changing it from eight in the first game.

Overall, having fun but its grindy in a way that the other one was not. Initial impression is an 8.5 but I need to complete the game to judge it fairly.

Why do people think accusing someone of not playing the game is some big gotcha for things that don't require playing the game? It's the lame gamer version of idiots who say you can't have opinions on politics unless you voted or can't criticize their shit kids if you don't have kids yourself.

It's a weird appeal to a faux authority. You're not playing the game. I'm actively playing. I am authority!

Especially because again, in keeping with the theme, you're using some generic argument assigned to you that has nothing to do with any point I've made. I don't personally care about cash shops. It's lazy and greasy and dumb, but par for the course these days.

Excusing mtx because it's in-game or irrelevant items is actually the popular reddit argument, so grats on taking the time to parrot the most generic, reddity arguement possible that everyone has read and understood hundreds of times.

And now that you're fully mounted on you high horse replying to me for no reason I'm eager to reply! Too bad the pussy mouths will seep about how I'm shitting up a thread I stopped beating the same horse to death in. But I feel it's disrespectful to ignore you, so I'm make sure we can discuss this matter in depth.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1MegaNeg
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 3 users

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
The ray tracing implementation in this is kind of garbage. It looks good in a lot of scenes, but half of the time the screen is full of flickering and artifacts anytime one object or model occludes another. Grass and stuff like carts or tents are especially bad.

Honestly, the performance and visuals overall are just disappointing.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just wish there was a fucking way to camera lock behind me, rather than just a "camera center" button. I'd enjoy the combat a lot more if a camera lock existed. I don't even care about enemy lock, I just need the fucking camera to stay centered behind me at times without having to mash right stick.

I'm really enjoying the game, but the camera system in this game is fucking atrocious. Especially the zoom/FoV. Typical Jap trash.

And unfortunately pigeon holes people with lower tolerance for it into playing melees.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So got Trickster up to rank 7.

It's actually decently strong, but it also feels pretty bad to play cause it's largely just looking at your pawns killing stuff and if they spaz out you take way longer to kill stuff(happens a lot on trash mobs). Aggro control is very strong and you can basically lock monsters including bosses on your ghost and just move it around away from your pawns while they DPS down, the dmg buff is ridiculous damage increase(feels like 3x more dmg or some shit, pawns basically 2-3 shot every trash mob with basic attacks and you can drop bosses like 2+ bars in one knockdown), the dragon roar move is quite good on bosses to get those knockdowns(will immeditaly drop griffons out of the sky for example) so overall it's strong, it just feels bad to play for a good bit when you watch your retarded pawns running to the previous room in a dungeon or getting stuck on rocks or whatever and not hitting stuff but you can't fucking do any damage. They should have added a core skill that adds a dot to the censer attacks at least or something. Also feels bad when you get a knockdown on bosses and all you have to do is make sure your pawns have your dmg buff and wait for them to do stuff.

Mostly I think it's not very fun. You can make fun situations using the fake ground/ghost stuff as they displayed in trailers but that shit's even more gimmicky but for the actual core aspect of the gameplay it's just too boring, drag your ghost behind you, see monsters, use the aoe smoke to get them all aggrod on ghost, buff your party, then afk/move the ghost to heal it until the fight is over. It gets the job done and I've done several bosses(double cyclops, grim ogre, griffon and golem) and I think the clear speed was actually quite good, just yeah I'd rather play anything else.

Going for Warrior now to check it out.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Got Mystic Archer. Started off at level 19 and it was an adventure to get all the way there. Ended up level 29 by the time I got it. Maxed out Sorcerer and it's a powerful vocation for sure.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Reading this thread:
All the bugs and crashes, gameplay/framerate "quirks"
pulp fiction zed GIF

One character, one save slot.
Oh No Fire GIF

Weird MTX; Monster Hunter vibes, the gameplay described above
Pulp Fiction GIF

I love to be in on the next big thing but glad I let this one breathe. Will enjoy this one theoretically and vicariously. Have fun storming the castle or whatever!

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Warrior is really great, so much better than DD1 and even then I liked it cause of the big smash stuff. But now you get both the big smash and a lot of qol. Have a counter/block skill, can use 4 skills like everyone else, has good fillers for trash mobs("light" attack with the correct timing for faster swings), has even more ridiculously cool animation(the finisher where you just impale a mob, then flip them around and throw them into another fucker/wall is so good).

Went for a casual exploration to wait for a NPC to be ready for a quest, ended up spending like 40mins in a dungeon it was so much bigger than the usual ones, with dozens of saurians/hobs/slimes and multiple bosses in there.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel exactly the opposite about warrior. Every animation is so slow that made me feel like the game was running at about 10 fps. At least in DD1 you had jumping attacks to make up for the skills being so bad that you didn't even need 3 let alone any more than that, but in DD2 jumping attacks suck so it's all just wading through molasses. Worst of all, it doesn't even seem to do much damage compared to thief.