Drawing With Stylus

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
My wife has always been pretty creative and recently bought her a Cricut. My daughter is 3.5 yrs old and showing some artistic abilities as well. What is the best thing to buy? An I-Pad and a certain type of Stylus? I don't know anything about this stuff. My wife's birthday is Monday and would love to get something that they can share together and use in the future with the Cricut. I'm clueless when it comes to this type of tech.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Wacom pretty much lead the pack for drawing tablets and if you're just looking to start her out, grab a Wacom Intuos and work your way up from there. You can pick them up for sub $100 on Amazon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So Wacom tablets connect to a computer, rather than daw on the tablet themselves?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
So Wacom tablets connect to a computer, rather than daw on the tablet themselves?

The Intuos does but Wacom does have models where you draw directly on a display, be it a monitor or a hand held screen. It really depends on how much you want to spend.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The Intuos does but Wacom does have models where you draw directly on a display, be it a monitor or a hand held screen. It really depends on how much you want to spend.

My girlfriend was interested in digital drawing awhile back, but gave up on it because she didn't want to draw in a screenless pad. We barely saw any options for pada with a display. Definitely interested in hearing more about those, even tho we won't probably buy one for a long time.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Check out the Wacom Cintiq line if you’re serious about it and want something that’s portable. If you want something more versatile maybe look at getting an iPad Pro and some good graphic design software like Procreate, Affinity Designer/Photo or Linea Sketch for a more entry level approach.