Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
1st time I donated to a kickstarter

vote for them on steam:

We're onSteam Greenlight!

As of today, Dreamfall Chapters is a Steam Greenlight project, which means that you can vote to get our game on Steam!
There are tons of advantages to being on Steam, not the least of which is providing you guys with more options for your digital downloads.
So please visit ourSteam Greenlight pagetoday (or, y'know, tomorrow) and vote YES on Proposition-- no, wait, vote YES on getting Dreamfall Chapters on Steam! Thank you!

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Oh fuck yes. Take my money, right now.

First game I've ever pledged on Kickstarter, and I pledged big. I hope they deliver.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
The first episode releases on October 21st. 3 days 3 hours it says on Steam now.

Longest Journey is my all time favorite adventure game, so looking forwards to this.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is it worth picking up the longest journey before I play this? Does it hold up over time?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Is it worth picking up the longest journey before I play this? Does it hold up over time?
I think so. Not that long since I replayed both Longest Journey and Dreamfall.

I biased with nostalgia overload though as I really enjoyed the first game. Bought it when it first came out and was blown away by how large it was. Dreamfall was still good, but not as good as the first one.

EDIT: For the cost it is on steam now, absolutely worth it. Especially if you like point and click adventure games.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
So, it's out. Anyone other than me played it yet?

I'm impressed so far. They've done a good job of continuing things from Dreamfall.

Lusiphur

Peasant
I decided to replay Dreamfall first. Although I forgot about the damn Starforce protection and it took a bit to find a noCD patch. It is hitting me right back in the feels, one of my favourite games of all time.
Chapters up next though.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Don't want to spoil, so,

The first chapter with Kian was short, but a hell of a ride. I don't think there was any actual danger of failing, and I didn't stick around to find out, but the entire "they're on the floor below us, holy shit, hurry up and pick the lock" thing was well-executed, I think. Not to mention, I never did once ask myself, wait, why am I climbing up the tower when I intend on getting away? Why would I go to the roof?

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Yeah, psyched for this, but going to replay the old ones first
smile.png

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Such a fantastic series. Book one has delivered, I really hope we don't have to wait long for each part.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
Had some issues getting the game to run well with my sli config so only played for about an hour so far but man what an amazing series. I still consider this the best story ever told in any game. Heck it's just an amazing story period.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
Finally got around to finishing this and I was pretty disappointed. I probably did myself a disservice by not playing the other games before this one just to refresh my memory a bit, but I just never cared for Zoe as a protagonist, or that other asshole. From what I remember, they wrote April as a bit of a cunt in the 2nd game but her and crow were still my favorites. Seeing April being set on fire and then having Zoe run around a dockside for 2 hours hasn't exactly given me much hope for the future installments.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Dunno, I don't find Kian so aggravating. Zo? is definitely a bit annoying in the later bits of Book 1, though.

And I do miss me some Crow. Might have to play the first two games again for the luls.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Bought this but have the weird lens flare glitch and have some studying to do atm so gonna wait until its patched to continue playing. Liked what I saw so far.