Dresden Files

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
1st Corinthians 13:13 King James Version

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Love is the more modern translation, which would indicate that Charity will take up Love to me.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I'd like for him to leave the carpenter family alone for the next set of sword wielders personally.
having a daughter turn into an immortal "evil" fae= not so good --unless uriel...nudged.

karrin imo will take up faith again.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I thought that Cold Days was absolutely fantastic.The one question that I would like to see answered in the next book is
how the fuck Merlin or whomever put all of those things into Demonreach. In previous books they went on about how Merlin
was a real bastard, but still just a powerful wizard, I wonder how he had the knowledge to put Demonreach together.

Malkav

French Madman
For me, one of the most epic moment in the last book was when you realized the true origin and meaning of the term Warden for the council. And kinda the same for the Gatekeeper.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought that Cold Days was absolutely fantastic.The one question that I would like to see answered in the next book is
how the fuck Merlin or whomever put all of those things into Demonreach. In previous books they went on about how Merlin
was a real bastard, but still just a powerful wizard, I wonder how he had the knowledge to put Demonreach together.
I always thought it was because Merlin was the spawn of Satan intended to open away for him to come into our world but he decided to use his powers for good instead.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
...in terms of levels...

dresden -as he is right now ~level 50 out of 100
figure his grandfather is ~level 60.

merlin was level 100.

so much knowledge has been lost over the years that BOB has never seen/experienced the magical wards/sigils/spells on demonsreach.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Changed thread title to include all Jim Butcher. Kind of like a thread for the big authors we read a lot. As always, let me know if my arbitrary decision is crazy and/or stupid.
================================================== ====

So everyone probably already knows by now, but the Codex Alera books were written on a bet from Butcher's old writing group/club thing. He proposed that the origin of a story was less important than what you did with it, you can make any story good and interesting through good writing/storytelling. Challenge issued, he said to give him 2 ideas no matter how stupid or disparate and he'd make them work. So Codex Alera, a well selling 6 book fantasy series, started as someone saying "OK, make a good story out of Pokemon + The lost Roman legions".

Which I guess is about as auspicious a beginning as 50 Shades of Grey had...

Hasto_sl

shitlord
Anybody have any guesses as to who Mac truly is? He seems to have too much of a familiarity with the newest and most powerful players in the series.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I have a feeling Mac is going to be a huge revelation. Like he's going to end up being The Merlin or something.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I can't see Dionysis, he's too quiet for that, but definitely something interesting up there. Wasn't there an insinuation that he's connected to the Outsiders somehow?

Hasto_sl

shitlord
The Outsider that attacked Dresden at the bar knew who he was. And then there was the mention of how he can heal himself pretty much immediately when he doesn't stop it from happening. They mentioned how his wound closed up immediately when they removed the bullet while he was passed out.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
mac is merlin :evil...

seriously though, he is SOME sort of immortal, no idea what as of yet.

he's Retired, and powerful enough for his pub to be accorded neutral ground.

his brews are godly, so maybe radegast? or Aegir?

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Hhmm, it occurs that maybe Mac is Prometheus...I still like my idea that he is an Outsider.

I'm thinking Mac is a Grigori. Angelic messengers and watchers for God. Laid down with women and beget the Nephilim, etc. The Outsider calling him a watcher among other little clues seem to fit the profile.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
From what I have seen on the Jim Butcher forum, he has stated that Mac is a mortal and that he wasn't any type of god. Also he stated that anyone can get a place set as Accorded Neutral Ground they just have to go through all the motions. Which is more about knowing how to get around faerie laws than how powerful you are.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just started readingChangesand have avoided reading any of this thread for fear of spoilers, but I have to say, the series is awesome. Read them pretty much back-to-back up to this point (think there was one small break for the Brandon Sanderson novellas that came out) and it is hard to not pick the next one up immediately after finishing the previous. Think it was 1am last night trying to finish offTurn Coatand then had to read the first couple of chapters of Changes. Apparently the pulp / serial / something style of these books has piqued an interest in me. Plus Butcher seems to do a pretty good job of sprinkling the hints of a larger story and character development from one book to the next. Oh well, hopefully soon I'll be caught up and can read these threads and see what I've missed and all the inside references.

VisualSilence_sl

shitlord
By far my favorite series that I have read as of late. Cold Days was epic to no end, I've been waiting for Lasciel to come back and make an appearance again and I really thought he was going to call the coin... perhaps next book! Does anyone know if this next book after Cold Days will be the last?